Have you ever gone into a shop and seen the coolest item, only to realise it
was ridiculously priced? I know it's happened to me many a time. In this article,
I will give you tips and tricks on how to avoid those angry customers.
I know we're all here to make money, and many of us are being reasonable. But
is an omelette really worth 1,000 NP when you can get one for free every day?
You don't have to follow my advice, but it seems to me that it's better to price
your stock low rather than getting Neomail messages full of complaints about
how your prices are too high.
So here is a strategy I use in my shop and I find it works very well.
1) Set a fixed price for a certain kind of item. For example, all grooming
products in my shop sell for 10 NP, and all candy for 50 NP. That way, you won't
have to try to figure out how much something is worth.
2) Price your items reasonably. Think of the people who are new to Neopia and
have very little to work with. I'm not saying you should use bargain basement
prices, but try to be generous.
3) If you want to make money, but also want to stock at low prices, use the
Shop Wizard to find items you want to sell that cost less than the price you
want to sell them at. That way, you can make money and offer your items at low
4) Do the treasure hunt regularly and put your piece of map into your shop,
for a low price. You can easily make 3000 Neopoints for free, every day, if
you do this.
5) When you see people have bought something from your shop, don't just collect
the money and walk away--thank them for buying the item they bought. You may
even make Neofriends this way.
In short, be a responsible shop keeper and keep the poorer members of Neopia
in mind, and you'll be a happy entrepreneur in no time!