New Features October 2000 (Our Neopets Diary)
This is the NEW FEATURES page. To keep you up to date, we have decided to create a page that lists everything new
that we add to the site, so you know what's going on! Keep checking this page for updates.
(back to menu)
- A whole lot more spooky stories have been added today. Check out the
- The Jubjub has been added to the How to Draw
page. Now there are even more pets to choose from.
- Over 21's Guild and Elder's Guild Party - The generous members of the over 21's guild
and the Elder's Guild have joined forces and will be giving
out free chocolates, food and other goodies in the
Money Tree today.
Why not drop by and take part?
- Happy Halloween everybody!!! Remember to visit our
- On a less scary note... the new Kiko is uploaded today. The Battledome pictures
will follow shortly...
- The new Acara was released as well (hopefully this will boost its popularity!)
- Halloween Giveaway! - Mysterious forces will be releasing 10,000 Halloween Paintbrushes into
the Money Tree during the course of the day.
If you want your pet to have a cool spooky costume, you are going to need one of these!
- The Quiggle has been added to the How to Draw
page. Now you can draw Neopia's happiest amphibian!
- Lots more spooky poems and pictures have been added today. Check out the
Scary Cave if you dare...
- The poor little Tuskaninny was fed up of everyone calling him names, and laughing at his
funny appearance. Now the new improved beefed up Tuskaninny is ready to prove those bullies
- WOOHOO! - Our best weekend yet. The site did not go down at all, and we
had a record 87.3 million pageviews over the two days :) We will be adding some
more servers soon to make sure the site is always fast.
- The new Aisha is going up today. We redid the pictures to make it fit in
with the cool new Battledome ones. We hope you like it.
- NEW CHALLENGER - Click here to find
out how you can get the Water Faerie as a challenger!
- You may notice some of the faded images arent working (in Quick Ref) today,
dont worry about it, we are working on fixing it.
- Added loads more insults to the haggling routine when buying an item!
- Now there is a new feature on NeoMessages, where you can click a button that will
only let your NeoFriends contact you.
- Lots of progress was made on the Battledome today. There is still a lot
to be done but things are starting to take shape.
- The Peophin has been re-vamped. To match the new improved
Battledome version the Peophin has been re-drawn. Here is a sneak preview of
the new look:
- We are sorting out a lot of the site today... starting with the Mystery Island. You do not need totems
to get to it any more, its free for everybody. We are doing this so that everybody has a fair chance
when it comes to the Island Battle Arena (coming soon!)
- NEW CHALLENGER - Yes, another challenger for the Battledome, and some clues on how to get
some of the ones hidden around the site. Click here for
- When you do a user lookup you can now see the last time somebody logged on.
- With Halloween fast approaching we have added some spine tingling stories and spooky poems to the
Scary Cave. Why not check them
out if you dare...
- 5 MILLION NEOPETS! - We just passed the 5 million Neopets mark with a total of
5,001,753. Thanks for everybody for adopting and creating Neopets, and let's try to reach 10
million before Christmas!
- We had a lot of problems last night where the shops wouldn't restock, and the auctions weren't
running. We are working on these and they will be fixed soon.
- The Halloween Costume contest is now open. To find out how to enter and see more details
- Well we are so fed up with people cheating with theme parks that we have decided to
make the entry price for ALL parks free. Sorry about this, but if people continue to cheat
we are going to have to change the way the game works to stop them.
- Also fixed a bug with Gormball where people were editing the turns_waited of the other pets :)
Now its much harder to beat!
- More Battledome Challengers! - Yes, there are going to be 10 more characters
hidden around the site today... can you find them all? When the Battledome is launched there are
going to be big prizes for the person to beat them all!
Can you find me???
- BATTLEDOME UPDATE - Click here for
the latest news!
- Click here to see the
latest pictures sent in by our users.
21st and 22nd October
- There is a mummy roaming the site... if you can find him, then you can challenge him to a duel
in the Battledome (when it opens)! I wonder if there are any other monsters out there...
- Ooooh, Someone likes us:) Check out this very cool Halloween cake made by cefcaclone and
flarekefka. Thanks for sending us a photo of it guys!
- Today your pets will be able to break their toys by playing with them too much :)
- Over the weekend the medicines werent able to cure your pet due to a bug, this has been fixed now.
- We are adding a new shop - the Apothecary where
you can buy all sorts of new spooky mushrooms. These ones actually do what they say :) That is
why they are so expensive!
- Had a really cool weekend and fixed loads of problems with the site. Neopets did over
75 million pageviews over the weekend which we were very happy about :)
- Loads more contests, games, and an interactive story have appeared at the
- There was a rumour going around today that monitors can access peoples accounts. This is NOT true, and
if you witness any monitor abusing their power then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Esophagor is
hungry, and we need you to feed him! I wonder what he is going to tell you if you give him
his meal? :)
- Check out our new quest - The Brain Tree - this
horrible morbid fellow will help you out, if only you can answer his riddles.
- Now the Caption Competition
is automated so that you can enter your submissions online. We will be making more of our
contests like this in the future.
- If you haven't seen it already, we have a new logo on the front page. Hold your mouse over
it to see the change :)
- The Spooky Checkered Paint Brush arrives today, so now you can paint your pets with a new
pattern (ok so it's not really spooky, but this IS our Halloween theme :).
14th and 15th October (Weekend)
- Hi! Welcome to another week on Neopets. This week we shall mostly be working on Battledome!
Just so you know it's going to be about 2 weeks of solid programming, and over 2500 images (every pet in
every colour in every pose!).
Friday the 13th...
- We have had a lot of technical problems this weekend, please stay patient we
are trying our best to work it out. The site just came back online 1:50pm PST
on Sunday, and it should stay up from now on.
- IMPORTANT - Lots of people have been posting cheats on message boards.
We are freezing the accounts of everybody who does this, because its not fair on
anybody else playing the game. We have fixed all the cheats anyway, none of
them actually work :)
- IT'S THE FINAL DAY OF OUR STORY - Find out what happens. Will they rescue the professor?
Who is behind the kidnapping? Why does he want the Battledome so badly? Click
here to find out!!!
- GAME UPDATE - Check out our new
NeoWardrobe, now with 2
more pets, and some spooky halloween costumes!
- Now you can draw the Skeith with the aid of our
how to draw page.
- Four more great poems sent in by fellow Neopets players have been added today.
Congratulations to the lucky winners. Click
here to see them!
- Only Five Contestants Remain - Remember to vote on the remaining contestants in
our Sacrificers game. This week we are doing a Friday the 13th special :) Click
here to vote!
- Four new picture have gone up today. Check out our new look
Picture Gallery to
see them all.
- The Neopian Times is out - Issue 26
Reports on Maraqua, the Battledome and the Stock Market as well as short stories, a new series!
- Everything is fast now after our big server upgrade, we hope the site is fast throughout the entire
day. Just so you know we have been working on completely rewriting the Trading Post and that should be
up very soon.
- The quests are back working now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
- Also today, there was a bug when creating a pet, this has been fixed now, along with
the quests - they are back also. Sorry about that! It's been a very tiring 24 hours!
- We have finally finished moving our servers over... sorry about the downtime, but now
we are back and faster than ever. Thanks for your patience!
- Our Terms and Conditions
have been updated. Please make sure you read the revised version ASAP.
- Oh No.... Maraqua is under attack. What can the King do? Who can save the Koi?
Catch up on everything that happened in Maraqua today to find out!
- A new menace has appeared in Neopia. It's half Chia, half machine... it's
- The Water Faerie Arrives to Maraqua to prove the existence of the Battledome to
the king. Will he be prepared to go and rescue Chesterpot? Check out the latest
episode by clicking here.
- The Send Greeting page
has had a make-over...why not check it out?
- You can now use Bold and Italic on the message boards. More smileys
- Referral Program Update - Now for 75 Referrals you can get a Discount
Card Upgrade. Check out the Referral Program here.
- Now, if your shop description is messed up and you can't edit it, there is a link on
the Market page to clear it.
- There was a bug in auctions that meant some people could bid on their own auctions,
we have found this and fixed it!
- We have added some more Pictures to the site!
October 7th and 8th (Weekend)
- Oh no - HAKA, Hakaheke Island flights went bust today on the
Stock Market. Looks
like they weren't making a profit - a warning to all companies!
- GAME DEMO - We are working on a new game for the Space Station. It's just in
alpha testing at the moment, but why not check it out
- We have added a new Underwater Theme
Screen Saver - Sub 3. This
one does have a BIG Suprise, but you have to watch it for ages!!!
- NEW GAME - The Sub Game has been launched... click
here to play!!!
- Fixed some bugs around the site, stopped a few cheaters (which was fun).
- This weekend we are doing a lot of work to the servers and database...we won't have to take the site
down to do it, and hopefully it will be much faster next week.
- You can now remove a pet from the NeoLodge at any time using a link on the Quick Ref page.
- Rumour has it that the
holds many secrets about the lost Battledome. Why don't you check it out.
- Catch up on what has happened to the three young pets who found the Battledome
brochure on the
New Discovery page.
- More Poogles! Yes, a lost colony of 20,000 Poogles were uncovered today, meaning
there are now 20,000 more to adopt!
- The Cartoon Theatre has
returned, with a permanent link from the shops page. Now it has an extra game, new characters, and you can earn
- Oooohhhh a new Space Map
was added today, including the mighty Gormball!
- Updated the neopet pets - now you can remove them from a pet as well as add them, so if your
Neopet is bored with its Triffin, why not give him a Moink!
- IMPORTANT - We put up notices on the message boards to try and stop
people spamming cheats all over them, but it hasnt worked. If anybody starts posting cheats and bugs
then we will delete their accounts, and possibly ban them from playing altogether. Its not fair on us
or the players of Neopets.
- More Neopet pets have been added - but these ones arent available in stores...
- NEWS JUST IN - Three pets have discovered an old brochure in their attic... a brochure about...
well you will just have to click here
to find out more!!!
- We have redone the Faerie Quests - the faeries are tired with giving out so many of them, so now
instead of going to them for a quest... they will come to you!
- TRAINING SCHOOL IS OPEN - Yes, now you can go the the
Mystery Island Training School
and make your pets more powerful!
- Its a brand new month and today sees the launch of our new 2 week
theme. The Hunt for the Battledome. Follow the adventures of our intrepid
heros as they try to find the location of the long lost Battledome.