New Features - September 2000 (Our Neopets Diary)
This is the NEW FEATURES page. To keep you up to date we have decided to create a page that lists everything new
that we add to the site, so you know whats going on! Keep checking this page for updates.
(back to menu)
- The Muntando Fruit has been released.... Can you guess its combination?
- The Contests page has
been updated. Now it shows all the competitions currently going on in Neopia!
- New Halloween Dressing Up contest -
You could win a limited edition Neopets T-Shirt signed by all the staff!
- The Neopian Times Issue 24
Stock Tips, articles, short stories and continued stories!
- TECHO SAFARI - Check out our cool new choose your own adventure game - can you
get to the end? We hope you enjoy it... click here to play.
- As you most probably know, the Trading Post
has been launched!!! We hope you like it.
- Oh no! Due to bad judgement the wrong man has been chosen to leave Sacrificers..
oh well :( Anyway, check it out here and
dont forget to vote on this weeks!
- Oh dear, Mr. Plaid isnt doing very well in the Sacrificers Game - maybe
you should vote for somebody else!!!
- Today we added a new How To section where we show you step by step how to
draw the Neopets. Today you can choose from the Aisha, Chia, Blumaroo or Kiko.
We will add more pets each week until we have covered all the Neopets. Click
to find out more!
- Market Place Update - Please do not place paid advertisements or
Chat Rooms in your shops. Any shops found to have unsuitable material will
be wiped or deleted!
- We are working today on our new two week story - starting Monday!!!
- The Help Section has been updated. Now there is a
Theme Parks page!
- New Web Cam pictures - we picked the best ones that you sent in and have put them in
their own gallery.
- Arriving today - the Neopets Neopet Pet Shop!!! Now your Neopet can adopt a pet of its own!
- Work on the Trading Post and Training School is still going, thanks for your patience!
23th and 24th September (WEEKEND!)
- Lucky Shopper Bonus - now there is a random event on the site that
will give you ANOTHER Discount Card bonus. Its dead hard to find!
- Free Discount Card - check this out - sign up with NeoDrive and
get the first Discount Card!
- New Cooking Pot Items - 6 new items have been added to the Cooking Pot! I wonder what
the recipe is??!
- DISCOUNT CARDS COMING SOON!! - Yes, you too can own a Neopian Discount Card -
click here for more details!
- We have redone the picture of the Korbat - check it out!
- Check out the Korbat's web page here.
- The Trading Post is
going up today!!! (At Last!). Its starting off in Alpha Testing mode, so if
there are any bugs, report them and we will fix them ASAP.
- Also - great news! Now you only need 1 Totem to get to Mystery Island. We hope you like this
- Found a bug in Neopoker which sometimes meant it wouldnt give Neopoints if you won. This
has been fixed!
- SITE UPDATE - Apologies for the site being down so much today (Sunday), we have just
had so many people trying to get on the site we have had to take it down for repairs and upgrades.
Its working now, and we have made some major breakthroughs, so thanks for your patience!
- Now you can block people from sending you neomessages, using our cool new feature
- Edited the Stock Market
so that the shares have more chance of moving.
- Gormball now has
some cooler random events!
22nd September (WE ARE BACK!)
- Made another change to NeoCircles. Lots of people
requested a way to leave a NeoCircle that you have joined - and now you can do just that. On the 'Get Code' page
there is now a link to Leave NeoCircle.
- Now if you do a pet lookup using the yellow side bar, you will be able to see if the pet
is ill, and also see what disease they have.
- I go and spend all day writing Gormball, and then everybody votes for me on Sacrificers...
thats not nice!!! - Adam P
- NEW GAME! - ITS HERE!!! GORMBALL
- Gormball will have lots of random events... coming in the next few days!
- The Neodaq index is now
on the front page!
- We have added some more Poems and
Pictures to the site.
- The fifth victim has been chosen in our Sacrificers
Bye Bye Paper Dragon!
- Stock Market Update - a lot of people have been selling their shares, and the index has crashed
from 219 points to 190 points. Dont worry about it, I see a good next week for buying :)
21st September (Bug Fix Night)
- Added a new section to the Stock Market -
Bargain Stocks. Now if you dont have many NP you can list all the cheap stocks!
- STOCK MARKET IS HERE... AGAIN Apologies to one and all who
bought shares in our Stock Market, and then saw it go down. We had some real problems getting it
launched correctly, but we have been working on it all night, and its here! The stocks will even
move properly, like a proper market, depending on who buys and sells. Check it out
- NEW CAPTION - Can you think of anything funny for our
new Caption Competition??
- Check out our new HTML Guide -
its great for beginners, and also has some advanced tricks to help you make your web site look
- NEODRIVE IS HERE!!! - Yes, you can get 50 megs of free space at our great new
NeoDrive. Check it out here...
- Our office has been under construction, so its been very messy. We have got the NeoCam back today
so you can see our progress. We promise to put it in a better position soon!
- Cool New Search Engine - Yes, the search engine on the site has been upgraded so now
you can search for items (not rare ones), pets, and users. Type something into the box on the yellow
bar to see this working.
- Hurrah, now the Paint Brush of the Stars is in the game... so you can paint your pets
a cool new colour. We fixed the Speckled Paint Brush also!
- The Preferences Section is now stored under Help, just
in case you cant find it.
- Fixed a bug where the Neopoints and Active pet name wasnt appearing in the yellow bar.
- Made some great improvements to the database, its running a lot faster now!
- Sorry about the lack of adding content over the last week, we have been very busy in a lot of behind the
scenes preparations. We are back tomorrow and will start by adding a lot more cool stuff!
- The Black and White Paint Brush has been renamed to the Skunk Paint Brush - so it should work now!
- The pets homepages werent working, they are fixed now. Sorry about that, we had to take them temporarily
- Streamlined the create a shop procedure so its much easier to understand!
16th and 17th September (The Weekend)
- We added 4 more monitors to the Neopian staff today and we are hiring a lot more in the coming weeks.
- Get free downloads of the programs we use to create Neopets. Click here
- The User Preferences page has been updated. Now as well as a new look there are the Aisha Sleuths that give you handy hints and tips.
- Check out the New Pics that Neopians have sent us.
- Also The Neopian Weather is back, now you know exactly what weather to dress your pet for:)
- Cool new Kacheek Seek images have been added, now there are a lot more games to play:)
- Sacrificers has been judged
- check out the latest person to leave the island, and remember to vote on this weeks loser.
Poor old Zurvix Wombatslayer!
- Today we are working on a lot of
new things including Neopian Weather, new Kacheek Seek and lots more...
- NEW GAME!!! - And its got a high score table as well!
Check out Ice Cream Blitz.
- We now have some new pictures on our NeoLodge -
now you can see what your room looks like before booking your pet in!
- A new range of great Back to School
greetings have been added. Why not send one to a friend?
- Woohoo! We fixed some bug on our database, and now its going much faster!
9th and 10th September (Weekend)
- A new caption contest has been added. Congratulations to the winners of last weeks
contest, to find out who won click here
- We had to delete old neomessages to speed up the database. They are much faster now :)
- The Poetry Help Page has been simplified and we have added another page with more in-depth hints and tips for the real poetry lovers.
- A new Pet Spotlight and a new Site Spotlight has been added. Well done to Alell and CharChar29!
- Due to popular demand, the Auction Genie is now
- We are doing a lot of behind the scenes work this weekend on our servers, to try and keep the site fast :)
- Check out the poetry competition at Poetry Corner. Poetry.com will post your poem on their website for all to see. They will also enter your poem in their poetry competition.
Many of our players will be lucky enough to be published in their poetry book! You can only sumbit one poem every six months so make it your best effort.
- New Neopian Times Issue 21 Helpful Articles and Self-Contained Stories.
- Some of you may remember the July 4th party the over 21's guild threw in the money tree, well these guys are doing it again. "Neo Pets Extravaganza," and the "Neopets Adoption Guild," are joining the "Neopets over 21 Guild" in a HUGE party to celebrate their 1000+ membership mark. On Sunday. Sept. 10th. From 8am to 8pm they will be FLOODING the money tree with items. Everyone is invited so why don't you drop by:)
- Poor poor Cookie gets voted off the Island! Check out the new exciting instalment
of our Sacrificers game
- If you want to brush up on your poetry skills why not check out our Poetry Tips page?
- We will be adding four more hiscore tables today!
- New Shop Check out our Garden Center!!!
- Cartoon Cartoon! - a new game at our Cartoon Theatre!
- Check out our new Help section! Its been updated at last!
- INFLATION ALERT - Yes, another knock on effect of
Inflation in Neopia. Lenny has decided to up his prize from 10 to 25
Neopoints in Lenny Trivia!
- Our Send a Pet to A Friend page was in need of a redo,
so we redid it and it works now (and it links to the referral program. Why not send one today?
- Added more Pictures,
Poems and a
- Now the Uber Faeries have changed
- Check out our two new Screen Savers -
Kougra and Skeith both feature!
- We have a better Shops Map - including
two new places that are coming soon - the Cartoon Network theatre, and the Poetry Corner!
- Check out our new Market Map -
now there are 10 shops per page, so they download quicker!
- Hope everybody had a good weekend! We are back with loads new features for today.
For those of you that have gone back to school we hope you will still find time to play
(and remember to tell all your friends about us!)
- Fixed the shadowed paint brush (it works now), and also we are adding a few more
coloured pets today (Kougra, Usul etc..).
has been updated so there are more levels, and it gets more difficult as time goes on!
- The Shop Wizard chooses some items randomly, so if you choose 'brush' then he
will not always choose the same type of brush.
- Added some new Faeries to the site.
We will be changing the Uber Faeries too!
- We are adding flash hi scores to all the games - click here for our Game Scores page!
Its experimental at the moment!
- Wahey! Its a new month! Look forward to loads more features, and another 2 week theme coming soon!
- A new address has been set up to report any spelling mistakes, grammatical errors or typos. If you spot any on your travels please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org including what page it was on.
- Yes, its Friday, and that means Sacrificers
has been judged! Poor old Styrofoam Bob! Who will be next to leave the island???
- Now when you are creating a pet, it will suggest names for you if the one you choose is already
taken (and that happens ALL the time!).
- A New Issue of Neopian Times, Issue 20 Ciki's Revenge: The Final Chapters!
- 100 NEW COLOURS OF PETS ARRIVING TODAY - Yes its true, we have done the pets in
loads more colours (ice, stone, strawberry, cloud etc...) check below for some of the new
designs. Can you find the paintbrushes?
- Oooh the Explore page has a new look. Now it looks very pretty:)