The Cheat Sheet
AKA how Jinjer rates you and your application (Read carefully)
So... since you made it here, I assume you've read the rules of Caritas – kudos for you! Down below you can see how I will evaluate any application you submit to me; which should help you in actually getting one of my pets (note that these don't apply to pets that don't belong to me).
I check all apps and accounts at least twice.
- Multiple account abuse or other Neopets rule violation. You can only earn NP or items on ONE account, your main. That includes having a SHOP and especially playing games.
- One third (33%) or more of your pets being hungry or sad
- Having an account that hasn't been visited in 15+ days. That includes sides.
Fun fact: 50-70% of all apps I receive land in the recycle bin for those.
Now we can get down to the actual evaluation. If your accounts made the first cut, good for you!
Things that count in your favor:
- First glance. The app being properly structured (paragraphs, full sentences). In case of PP apps the layout doesn't matter much to me as long as it's readable.
- Proper grammar on the app (including capitalized "I"s and sentences).
- Your account info being consistent (name, land of origin). I like being sure that you don't share accs or steal them ;)
- Your pets. Nice customization on at least a few that are not on your main. Your pets having coded lookies. Having interesting stuff for them (personality, art, trophies, stats, etc.).
- Having some kind of PP running. Shows that you may actually stick around for a bit (idc about account age)
- Telling me something trivial about yourself. I like knowing the people I trust with my pets
- Pre-prepared stuff for my UFA pet gets major bonus points. Any art (it can be stickfigures for all I care). Lookup/Petpage. Show me an imagined customization? Personality, RP character or other extras.
Things that count against you:
- Calling me something other than Jinjer (with 2 Js)
- Asking me whether I have made my choice before the deadline is up
- Mentioning this Cheat Sheet to anyone (including me)
- Making promises of BC entries, lookies, etc. without any to show beforehand and none on the pets already in your possession. If you claim to be an artist, show me some of your art. Writer? Show me a story you've written. Etc.
- Any given pet of yours going hungry for 3 days or more.
- Referring to my pet by the wrong gender or calling them an "it" repeatedly (outside of story telling purposes)
- Having to pound a pet to make room for mine
- Applying for a pet in order to give it to someone else. I am judging YOUR suitability as an owner, not that of your BFF or sibling. The only exception is if the person in question is under 13 and doesn't have parental consent – in that case you can submit the app to me in their name but it has to be their own work.