NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
We're back! - Well, mostly! We wanted to get the site back up for you ASAP so we've turned most everything back on, but there are a few pieces still in transition. Here's a (hopefully) handy list:
- The Mall: You won't be able to redeem NC cards or purchase any items yet.
- Premium Account Management: Purchasing or updating a Premium membership not functioning at the moment. (If you already have Premium, that will be working fine across the site. If you run into any problems, though, please let us know!)
- Premium Scratchcards: The system that sends these out is still in transition so they won't be arriving today like they usually do. We'll be sending these out once everything is back to normal!
- Timed content: In some cases, some things may be running on weird schedules for a bit. (For you techies, our crons are back online but they need to catch up.)
That's it! There will be no New Features today but we'll keep everyone updated on the things above as they come back online. In the meantime, if you see anything weird, please feel free to report it to us! If you aren't sure whether it's something affected by the above list, you can definitely report it anyway just to be safe. Thanks for your help!
And thanks again for all your patience during the transition. We hope it wasn't too stressful. Some of us actually went outside. That ended... poorly.
16th September - Annual Chocolate Ball (late)
- Transition Update! - The time is finally upon us! The team is ready to go so we'll begin the transition starting tomorrow -- Wednesday, September 17 (NST). Downtime may not start until late morning so we're going to try to sneak in our dailies early. Shhh.
To recap, here's what's happening:
That's it! We'll see you on the other side. We won't be rocking back and forth in our office chairs clutching our Neopets plushies while the site's down... probably.
- Everything will be down and inaccessible for two or three days. We hope to be back some time on Friday. (We'll update Facebook and Twitter with any information if things change!)
- You'll see a Down for Maintenance Pteri page or a notice that Neopets doesn't exist during this time.
- Your account data and your Neopets are safe and will be waiting for you on the other side.
- Premium and NC Shoppers: We'll be making up for any time/items affected by the downtime! We'll post more information when we return.
- Habitarium and Petpet Park will no longer be accessible after the transition. (Petpet Park members will be getting more information soon.)
- NEW - Key Quest will likely be inaccessible when the site returns but we plan to bring it back up within a week or so afterwards.
- NEW - There will be no New Features updates on those days! This means that Poogle Day will be celebrated when we return. (Fear not, Poogle lovers!) We'll also likely move the Neopian Times to Monday depending on when the transition is done.
- Two brand new plushies are available for purchase at the Plushie Palace. Who knew they just wanted a hug?
- The winning User Lookup of the Week belongs to mariemozelealecia and it is 8-Bit themed!
- Skaboot's gallery, 'Psellias Palace', is this week's Gallery Spotlight winner!
- Today's Caption Contest image features a group of Petpets who are in awe of Judge Hog...
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Turmaculus. 856 people guessed correctly, earning them 2,337 NP each.
- Check out all the winners of this week's Art Gallery!
- Careful! The new Nightmare Heroes and Villains Mystery Capsule might make you tremble. Please open with caution ;). If you're into frightful things, pick up the Nightmare Wonderclaw Mystery Capsule before it's gone this Thursday, September 18th. See you at the NC Mall!