NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
13th September - Techo Day
- The Neopian Times has just been released.
This week's issue has funny comics, your favourite stories and articles, and of course the editorial
written by Pop Tart (she is a nice girl, but she's rubbish at Deckball!) Check it out - you literally
can not afford to miss it!
Mmm mmm, that's one tasty bowl of soup!
- A new challenger has been seen lurking and hissing around the site... have you met the Shadow Usul yet...?
- NEOPETS DECKBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS. First there was Sacrificers, then the Murder Mystery... now the
ill-fated Neopets Team are back, vying for the Krawk Cup!!!
Take advantage of your free guess, and you will have a chance to win a great trophy and possibly more!
- We have a new Techo Screensaver - check it
- The Neopets office had a bizarre visitor
today... he came in and demanded something called a 'Chia Pop' and then left... we are all a bit confused.
- We have a new Mystery Pic today.
The answer to Wednesday's competition was 'The Lair of the Beast in Tyrannia'.
- Today's Pet Spotlight is a little unusual, there are
four winners, all belonging to Faerie_Usuki_Kitten!
- Ever wondered how Captain Threelegs came to run the Swashbuckling Academy? Click
here to find out!
- We kick off today with a Peophin Special in the
- Neopets gets a big upgrade today. We are replacing one of our database machines, and its going to take
about two hours to transfer all the information across from the old one. If you are reading this, chances
are that it worked :) Neopets should be much faster from now on!
- We fixed Deckball so that you only have to view
the introduction screen once.
- Some new Techo Battle Items have gone on sale in the Defence and Battle Magic shops !
- Better Than You has just been
released. Its you vs. Gribblet, the pirate petpet. May the best man win!
- Kauvara has found the last
ingredient she needed to make Techo Morphing Potions!
- A new Caption Contest has been
launched. It seems a pair of pirates have discovered a giant Chokato fruit !??!
- Our flash games had a problem last night and couldnt send score. This has been fixed now, sorry about that.
Also, the auction script has been running all day, we still have about 68,000 auctions to process, so
please be patient :)
- The Bakery has just finished
making some new Techo shaped cookies. Get them while they are still warm :)
- Today's Site Spotlight features
Experiment_00 the Mutant Techo!
- Now you can own a Purple or Cloud Techo!
Cloud is so much better!
- IMPORTANT - Next Tuesday we will be having a Bad Poetry contest instead of our normal
Good Poetry contest.
There are two rules, firstly the poem has to be about Neopets, and second it has to be
awful. Send entries into the normal address, but please make the subject 'Bad Poem' (and remember to include
- Now you can paint your Poogle Stars, and your JubJub Purple!
- To celebrate Techo Day, there are three special Techo
Battledome moves - Techo Slam, Techo Leap
and Techo Slide
- Deckball now gives out Dubloons if you get
over 5 goals in the survival mode, or 350 points in the timed mode. We find that if you dont continually
keep your finger on forward, but take it slow and hope the opponent hits his own goal, its easier to win :)
- The auctions were pretty badly backed up,
and taking a long time to process. We have fixed the problem, and they should be running smoothly from now on.
- DECKBALL is here at last. Yes, raise
the killick and haul wind to Krawk Island to play Neopets' latest game!
Ewww... thats SO year 2!
Lets play DECKBALL!
- We have a new Lenny Conundrum today.
The answer to last week's conundrum was 'Six Flags'. She actually had the material for seven if you
worked it out mathematically, but it was physically impossible to cut seven whole flags out of that
material. She settled for 6 and made a rather fetching pirate T-shirt out of the remaining fabric :)
- YOU HAVE A NEW CHALLENGER!!! - Yes, the Flaming Meerca has arrived,
and he takes no prisoners! Click here
- We uploaded a new version of Splat-A-Sloth
that has a selection for Low/High quality. Select Low if it runs too slowly on your computer.
- We have a new Mystery Pic
competition out today. The answer to last week's pic was 'Krawk Island'. Lenny Conundrum will
be coming out later today, and we have decided to do it every two weeks from now on.
UPDATE : Errr... ummmm it sort of broke. We are putting the actual image up now and if you
guessed we will give you another chance.
What on Neopia is this?
- If you have a NeoCoin you can now get a discount of $3.00 on each purchase of a
Neopets Plushie. We gave out NeoCoins ages ago and haven't done anything with them until now.
for our Online Store!
- Just so you know the Beauty Contest
is currently live. Congratulations to Enzia, last week's winner!!!
- Please note that NeoMessages over
two months old may be deleted at any time to save on database space.
- We have a new Pet Spotlight today,
Riskaroo the White Blumaroo.
Everybody at Neopets would like to send our deepest condolences to the families and loved ones
of everybody affected by this mornings tragedy. We realise that we have a lot of players who have
been, or may know somebody involved in these horrible events, and we are truly sorry.
- The Neopets Team
- We have made the NeoDecks
magically update themselves to the new versions of all the cards. If you view your NeoDeck and refresh
enough times, they will fix themselves.
- NEW GAME - Dr. Sloth (well not the REAL sloth) will come firing out the end of a tube. Your job
is to thwack him with a rolled up copy of the Neopian Times. You only get one shot at it! To complete
your assignment, click here.
UPDATE : Uggh we had a few database problems and had to change the game ID and wipe
the first few hi scores. Sorry about that, its fixed now!
- There is a new Neopedia Article about the Spider Grundo.
- We have a new Site Spotlight today,
check out the page of Kyelphy the Striped Kacheek.
- Some new pictures have been added to our
- The Beauty Contest didn't go up yesterday because we had a few technical problems, we are currently
working on them and it will go up asap. Watch this space.
- There are some new goodies that have been added to the
- The doctors at the Neopian Hospital have just finished working on
cures for the new diseases, they will be stocked in the
Pharmacy straight away!
- If you are lucky enough to find a Faerie Paintbrush, you can now paint your Chomby!
Brightvale Altador Cup Locker Room Background
Elegant Ballerina Superpack
Rainbow Feather Wings