Hello and welcome. Arcane is a new, neo-related / chat-based / semi-literate guild. We aim to establish a fun and friendly environment within our own little community; a place where you can chat away and settle in with us. We offer a variety of activities and a team-based system for those who would enjoy participating in such features, but it is not required of any member. We are currently looking to expand and hoping to offer the right fit for you! Click around our website for more information and more details. You will find the rules, FAQ, and other useful links to help you learn the ropes and get a feel of the place.
What is a portfolio?
A portfolio is a record that is kept to indicate how much work you have done in the guild. This will include your awards, rank, and other accomplishments.
What are bux?
Bux are a form of currency you can use to buy items for your stash at our guild mall, or use to participate in exclusive activities. You can earn these by completing certain activities.
What are Power Points?
Power Points or ìPPî are points you can earn for your team when completing an activity.
How do I join a team?
During the start of the month, you have the choice to join one of three teams. To do this, neomail the admin who is listed in charge of teams for the current month.
You will not be given a choice of who you will be on a team with, every month this will be chosen randomly by the Council. You will then be given two days to decide within your team what you want your team name to be for that month. If you can not agree on a name, the Council will pick one for you.
Every month the teams will change. So every month you will need to say if you wish to be on a team.
Why bother joining a team?
Being on a team can earn you more rewards during the month-end tournament. Such as trophies, bux, stash items, or badges.
What happens if I donít want to be on a team?
If you choose not to be on a team you will be placed into Quarantine. You are still allowed to do activities while in Quarantine but will not be eligible for the month-end tournament. All the Power Points earned while in Quarantine will be put into a fund called the jackpot. These points will be awarded to the team that wins the month-end tournament.
What if half way through the month I change my mind and want to join a team?
You can ask an admin if you want to join a team, and the council will discuss it. For most situations this will not be an issue.
If your new to the guild you will be placed automatically when asking.
However If you have been there all month and you ask 2 days before the month end tournament, chances are you will have to wait until the following month to join a team.
If you are placed on a team after leaving Quarantine your Power Points earned before joining a team will remain in the jackpot.
When do the Power Points get reset?
Each month the Power Points will be reset to 0 so we have a fresh start for everyone.
If I like my team can I just stay on it for the next month?
No. Each month memberís will be re-assigned teams. This is to keep things fair and interesting for everyone. As from month to month peoples levels of activeness can change. You will receive an award and badge in your portfolio of your teams accomplishments for the previous month.
Do I have to participate in the guild activities?
No. We know you have lives where you're busy with school, work and whatever other things that may occupy you. Therefore, you are not required to participate in the activities. However you are expected to chat on the board from time to time. People who have been inactive from the boards for more than fourteen days (without notifying a member of the council) will be swept. If you are swept you are more than welcome to rejoin when you have more time.
Am I allowed to host a page for activities?
Yes. You can host a maximum two activity pages. All activities must be approved by the council and follow neo rules. When choosing the type of activity to host, make sure you have seen what activities are already being hosted. Activities that are too similar may not be approved.
You can also check the job center to see if there are official activity pages listed there that you might be interested in hosting. You can not participate in an activity you are hosting.
What happens if I leave the guild and decide to come back later?
Business as usual. You will be given a new Portfolio and start from square one again. We do not save past memberís portfolio information, once you are gone it is too.
Can I have more than one username in the guild?
No. You are only allowed one username in the guild. If you are caught with multiple usernames in the guild ALL of your usernames will be removed and banned.
If you are silenced on your main username you will be allowed to use your side until your main is unsilenced. Once you have your main usernameís privileges restored you are to immediately remove your side username.
Are memberís of the council allowed to participate in activities?
Yes. As members of the council we also want to have some fun. To make sure things remain unbiased we have set some rules for ourselves as well. All activity winners are voted on by the entire guild. Also if we are hosting the activity we can not participate in it. The council will never be put on a team, all of their Power Points will automatically be put into the month end jackpot.
Once the guild is private can I still recruit?
Yes. But only when recruiting is open. They must send an application to the Council member in charge of recruits for that month. If theyíre application is accepted they will be sent an invite.
Below are the rules we abide by in Arcane. Please familiarize yourself with them so you are aware of what you can or cannot do. If you do have any questions or concerns, please neomail one of the council members.
1. Please follow all of the Neopets rules. If you're unsure of what they are, please click here to read. Also make sure you're aware of the Terms & Conditions.
2. Literacy. We are a semi-literate guild. Basically, this means you can use certain acronyms - such as omg, lol, and brb - that people are familiar with, while using appropriate grammar and punctuation.
3. Spam. We allow for very little spam. That being, you cannot post more than three times in a row. However, we do not have a word limit per post. For instance, if you just happen to get online and have nothing more to say than "Hey, everyone!" - you're allowed to post it. Though, we do emphasize if you are responding to someone on the boards - please give a longer reply that's not something along the lines of "Yup" or "Nope.
4. Being active. We do require you to be active members in the guild, but more for board activity than the activities themselves. Since we're trying to build a family, we'd like for you to be able to post at least once or twice a week so we can get to know you. The activities are optional, unless of course you decided to join a team or still want to do them - please read more on how the team system works in order to learn more about this. If you are planning to be gone longer than 14 days and are unable to make a post on the boards within that time, please notify one of the council members or you may be swept from the guild. Know that if you are swept, you are welcome back any time you're ready to be back.
5. Respect. Please be respectful to everyone on the boards. We are all a family, so we should all be considerate of one another. Regarding any sort of drama - keep it off the boards, please. Drama will NOT be tolerated. Any sort of drama will be dealt with in a very strict manner.
6. Advertising. Please only advertise our guild while it is open to invitations. We close invitations so that we can get to know one another until we feel we are ready to grow as a family. However, while invitations are open, respect the people you are advertising to by reading their boards before making a post. Make sure we have what they are looking for, and make sure you are following their instructions. If another member has happened to post at the same time as you, the second person to post can apologize and leave. The person who was there first can continue the recruiting process. NOTE: There will be recruit monitors watching the boards. If anyone is caught breaking any of the advertising rules, they will be banned from recruiting.