What's My Neocash Item Worth ?
It is for trading purposes only.
Figuring Out the ValueLOOK AT ALL FACTORS BEFORE DECIDING WHAT AN ITEM IS WORTH
There are several factors to consider in determining the value of an item:
- Date the item retired: List of Retired NC Mall items
- 2007 Retireds: So rare that you wish your non-existent evil twin secretly logged onto your account, spent your money on a useless item, and furtively tucked it away in your Safety Deposit Box where you are just now finding it. Everything on your wishlist can be obtained!
- 2008 to Early Spring 2009 Retireds: There goes your Christmas, Birthday, Bat Mitzvah, Chinese New Year, bonus, etc.
- 2009 Retireds to Present: Neopets community realizes that Neocash retired items are worth some serious $$$ and even your mom starts stockpiling on items for future retrading values. These items might cost you a weekend movie, but oh the customization pleasures!
- Retired less than 1 Month Ago: Double the value of what you bought it for, MAX. Stop being greedy, you hoarders!
- Available in the mall for only a short amount of time: What do you mean the Shenkuu River Rush Talisman gives extra neopoints? That's an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, pull it from the mall!
- 2007 and 2008 Items: Trading wasn't allowed so no one bought that I Splat Sloth Thought Bubble, yo. Also, I have no impulse control and opened up that NC Mall 1st Goodie Bag.
- Secret bonuses: I can't believe I traded for the Kass Collectors Armour from the Heroes and Villains Collection instead of buying it, so gimme my Bag of Faeries!
- Costly bonuses: $200 chasing capsule LEs for this Hot Air Balloon Background?!? Or this Shimmering Ring of Generosity from the Gift of Neocash Promotion?!? Refund, plz, lolxlol.
- Limited Edition Items with two or more bonuses: Stupid daisy with a veespa when you wanted Blooming! Check here: Capsules Guide
- Limited Edition Items: I opened 490395833 caps and didn't even get the LE bonus!
- Superpack exclusive items: why are there so many shoes in this category...
- One per account items: Games earn neopoints, k, so don't you play on your side with that Game ticket
- Almost one per account items: I'm looking at you Stocking Stufftacular and Neggstravaganza.
- Does it glow?
- Does it sparkle?
- Is it pink and girly?
- Or SUPERDUPER cool and can DESTROY THINGS?
- Perhaps it's just the right amount of creepy!
- Or would be great for the upcoming seasonal customization?
- Can I use it over and over again in different themes - versatility?
- My brother wants it so I want it too, amirite?
- NC Mall 2nd Birthday Mystery Capsule had a chance to give out retired Limited Edition Capsule items, but there were so many retired items being rereleased that the chance of obtaining one was small. Therefore, those items are still rarish
- Current retired rereleases go for 3 caps minimum (opinion), more if the item is desired (hello Gingerbread Wings and Hovering Chair Background). They go for approximately 4-5 caps minimum (opinion) after the capsule retires and no longer rereleases (did you really want that Red Heart Vest and Shirt just because it's a retired item?)
- Supposedly, items placed on supersale and labeled "Collectible" are not coming back into the mall. We'll see.
Fair Trade?There are two basic methods of valuing a Limited Edition and/or a Retired item:
- In buyable 250 NC Capsules (ex. it's worth 3 caps = 750NC); OR
- In a trading scenario, if the trade is fair (ex. item A is not worth item B)
REMEMBER! Fair Trade Boards are merely opinions of worth and these opinions can range wildly. If you truly have no clue of an item's value, then make one of these boards and solicit opinions. People LOVE to give advice!
Last pointer: What an item trades for individually might not be it's actually worth. If it is a popular item, then you are probably over-offering to get the owner to part with that item. But, if that item is included in a bigger trade, that's what the more accurate value of the item should be based on.
Three Rules of Thumb to Fall Back On:
- If the trade just doesn't feel right to you, don't trade. Perhaps you value the item more than what other people value it or perhaps that person really is trying to cheat you, who knows?
- Trade for what you want, not what other people tell you to trade for
- If you make a board offering Item A for Item B and suddenly 5 people post on the board clamoring to make the trade, you might want to make a fair trade board asking others of their opinions. - BUT if you truly like the trade, then go for it.
Rough Value of Some Popular Items, in Descending Order (may change with preferences over time):My humble opinion, feel free to disagree
- Shenkuu River Rush Talisman; 2007 Capsules
- NC Mall 1st Goodie Bag
- 2008 Capsules
- Spyder Web Staff; Neoquest Wizard Wand
- Attack of the Revenge Background
- MME1-B1 Sputtering Grey Mini-Monster; Appetising Caramel Apple
- MME2-B1 Gold and Maractite Fish Shield; Balthazars Bag of Faeries
- Hot Air Balloon Background; Gulp... Underwater Reef Background
- Gingerbread Wings; some 2008 Supersale Backgrounds such as Sewing Room Background and Phantom of the Background; MME3-B1 Magma Pool Background; MME4-B1 Sparkling Snow Background; 2009 pre-Spring Capsules, Paper Lantern Staff; 2008 Capsule LEs
- Shimmering Ring of Generosity; Eliv Thade Make-Up Kit; some 2008 Supersale Trinkets such as Weewoo Bath; Blooming Garden
- Radiant Sun Rise Background; New Year in ______ Background
- Mr. Chuckles Make-Up Kit; Nutcracker Face Paint; Skeletal Face Paint
Links & Thank Yous
If you actually read this far, kudos! Thanks tsundae, stratager, sinistrous, tycooncorb, anastasia_bellabayb, g_im, dkeeperr1983, redgeisha for fixing this shoddy guide.