Hello, guest, welcome to the Information Station!
This site serves as a guiding hand to all who are seeking the path of enlightenment -- or are just looking for information to various Neopets features and events. Featured here are links to all kinds of places on the Neopets website. Suggestions are always welcome and can be sent directly to the page owner: nickifaulk (me!).
Getting Started -- General Help & FAQs
Worried about Cookie Grabbers or exploits? Read this!
The Rules & Getting Frozen
These are things that the Neopets staff, aka "TNT," expects us to read over and obey. These are their terms, their rules. If you are caught breaking them, you will have your account frozen and be booted off Neopets!
Self-freezing link: Warning! Use this only if you want to close the account you are currently logged into! Go here if you are sure you want to do this.
Been frozen? This guide may help.
Things to do Daily (aka "Dailies"), Freebies, and other Goodies
FREE FOOD for your pets:
- Soup Kitchen - The gracious Soup Faerie always makes sure that a plentiful supply of soup is available for poor, hungry pets. Note: You can only feed your pets if you have less than 3,000 Neopoints total in your possession (bank and shop till!).
- Giant Omelette - (Once daily) Get a free omelette here. At certain times, the omelette is gone -- simply come back later.
- Giant Jelly - neopets . com / jelly / jelly . phtml ... copy and paste into your browser, remove spaces to make URL work! - (Once daily) Get a free jelly here. At certain times, the jelly is gone -- simply come back later. Note: some pets don't like the 'odd' jellies, such as dung, etc., so feed with caution!
FREE things you can do every day to earn neopoints and items:
- Bank - (Once daily) The interest on your bank account can be collected. Make sure you do it BEFORE depositing or withdrawing any neopoints.
- Shop Till - If you run a shop, remember to check your till periodically to collect the NPs you've earned for stuff you've sold!
- Fruit Machine - (Once daily) Every day you can get one free spin, if the first two fruits match you win a prize. If all three fruits match you win a really big prize!
- Coltzan's Shrine - (Twice Daily) Here you can anything from neopoints to items to increased abilities and/or levels for your active pet. You can visit once every 12 hours.
- Tombola - (Once daily) Here you get a chance for prizes.
- Snowager's Cave - (Periodic) You can gain a free item from the Snowager. Careful, you could get blasted! The Snowager sleeps during the following times (NST): 6:00-7:00 am, 2:00-3:00 pm, 10:00-11:00 pm. (avatar chance / guide)
- Healing Springs - (Periodic) Get your pets healed here for free, from diseases to Snowager blasts and any other ailments. You can visit once every 30-40 minutes. If your pet is not fully healed at first, keep revisiting!
- The Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity - Visit this poor lonely plushie and you may be rewarded with toys or NPs.
- Money Tree: You can snag free goodies here donated by kind Neopians. But be careful ... if you get greedy, the tree won't let you snag anything else for the rest of the day!
- Grumpy King - (Twice daily) Results are random, but you could win items and/or neopoints. (avatar chance)
- Wise King - (Once daily) Results are random, but you could win items and/or neopoints.
- Shop of Offers - (Once daily) You get 50 or 100 Neopoints by finding and clicking on this quickly-moving slorg.
- Symol Hole - (Once daily) Rumor has it that if you let your petpet go down there, it will bring back goodies! Chances may be greater that if you have a Symol you'll get something, but other petpets have found treasure there too! (avatar chance)
- Island Mystic - (Once daily) Funny haiku quips from the Mystery Island Mystic. (avatar chance)
- Haiku Generator - (Once daily) Funny haiku quips from the Haiku Keeper. (avatar chance)
- Turmaculus - (Once daily) Try to wake this giant petpet. Wake up times are random. You can look on the Avatar/NeoSignature Neoboard and see if any Neopets members have posted that he's awake, or view Picovamde's page. Turmaculus may reward you with items, or even blessing your neopet. (avatar chance)
- Meridell Rubbish Dump - (Periodic) Sometimes you'll get the chance to grab a freebie here.
- Neopian Second-Hand Shoppe - (Periodic) Sometimes all you find is dung, and then other times you could find real treasure!
- Igloo Garage Sale - (Periodic) Sometimes you can find good buys for cheap here!
- Underwater Fishing - (Once daily) Cast your line and you might get a tasty goodie! You get one chance per pet everyday! (avatar chance)
- Deserted Tomb - (Once daily) Are you brave enough to journey to the center of this tomb? If so, you may be rewarded with treasure! (avatar chance)
- Daily Puzzle - (Once daily) Solve the puzzle correctly and you could win a few NPs. (guides: 1, 2)
- Faerie Crossword- (Once daily) Solve the puzzle correctly and you could win a few NPs. (avatar chance / guides: 1, 2)
- Lunar Temple - (Once daily) If you solve the calendar correctly, the wise old Gnorbu will give you a prize! (guide)
- Altador - (Once daily) If you solved the Altador plot, come here to get a daily freebie.
- Apple Bobbing - (Once daily) Looks easy right? You can get a daily freebie here. (avatar chance / guide)
- Qasalan Expellibox - (Once daily) This game could earn you a few NPs or a free item.
- Crashed Meteor - (Once per hour until an item is received, one item daily) If you poke it with a stick, there's a chance you could be rewarded!
- Wheel of Slime - (Every 8 hours) Spin the wheel and win some NPs.
- Weltrude's Toy Chest - (Once daily) Take a peek in here and you may find an item or some NPs!
Tarla - (Random) Use the Neopets
Toolbar to know when Tarla is giving out freebies.
You MUST be around when Tarla initiates the alert, and
you MUST click on the link within around 3 minutes (around 1 minute+
for the gift of the day, the rest of the time for a random gift).
If you open your browser and the Tarla button blinks, most likely
it's an old alert while you're not using your browser.
Note to Firefox Users: Go to the Firefox Addons site and search for 'Neopets' ... get the Neopets Toolbar Addon!
- Freebies - Once per month, you can get 2,000 Neopoints and free food for each of your pets.
- Advent Calendar - During the month of December only, you can visit the Advent Calendar to gain free goodies!
The following activities are NOT FREE, but worth doing every day (at your own risk of course).
Spin that Wheel!
- Wheel of Mediocrity - costs 50 NPs, can try every 40 minutes (avatar chance)
- Wheel of Misfortune - costs 100 NPs, can try every 2 hours (avatar chance)
- Wheel of Excitement - costs 150 NPs, can try every 2 hours (avatar chance)
- Wheel of Knowledge - costs 500 NPs, can try every 24 hours
- Wheel of Monotony - costs 100 NPs, can try every 24 hours (avatar chance)
Games of Chance:
- Coconut Shy - costs 100 NPs, can try up to 20 times per day (avatar chance)
- Bagatelle - costs 250 NPs, can try up to 20 times per day
- Strength Test - costs 100 NPs, can try every 6 hours
- Lever of Doom - costs 100 NPs per play (avatar chance)
- Treasure of the Black Pawkeet - costs 300 NPs, can try every 3 hours (avatar chance)
Keep in mind that these will most likely be timed! Quests by random events are not timed, see more info about those here.
- Illusen the Earth Faerie - (Once daily) Complete 20 quests and you are rewarded with a nifty avatar. Cannot complete a quest if you have already done one for Jhudora. (avatar chance)
- Jhudora the Dark Faerie- (Once daily) Complete 20 quests and you are rewarded with a nifty avatar. Cannot complete a quest if you have already done one for Illusen. (avatar chance)
- Taelia the Snow Faerie - These quests could get expensive and the prizes are random. Try your luck, you may end up with something valuable! (avatar chance)
- Mystery Island Kitchen - Help hunt for the missing ingredients and you may be rewarded with something special.
- Edna's Tower - Help hunt for the missing ingredients to her spells and you may be rewarded with a special treat. (avatar chance)
- Brain Tree - He thirsts for knowledge. To find the answers to his riddles, feed the Esophagor twice.
Caring for your Pets
- Do not feed your Kryii apples.
- Do not feed your Quiggle any food with the word 'cream' in it.
- A Grarrl will eat non-food items in your inventory if hungry, so keep him/her very well fed!
- Feed your Kau pet milk to fill it up.
- Feed your Pteri any food with the word 'worm' in it to fill it up and cure any disease.
- Do not feed your Tonu neggs.
If you are intentionally trying to give your pet a disease:
- Poisonous Jelly -- Neomonia
- Poisonous Lollypop -- Floppy Tongue
- Rotten Omelette -- Ugga Ugga
- Poison darts -- Cricky Neck
- Mysterious Hemlock Darts -- Bloaty Belly
- Malice Potion -- Blurry Vision
- Glowing Jelly -- Blurry Vision
- Ferocious Negg -- Random Disease
- Poisonous Mushroom -- Neopox
Training Your Pet / Status and Level Changes
Levels: The Swashbuckling Academy on Krawk Island only takes Neopets up to level 40. The Mystery Island Training School however, will take pets up to level 250. After reaching level 250, your pet will have to go elsewhere to train.
Payment: The Swashbuckling Academy on Krawk Island takes dubloons. The Mystery Island Training School takes codestones.
Another training guide to help you along your way: Keep It Straightforwardly Simple Training
Mood levels: To keep your pet happy, try one or all of the following:
- Feed him/her.
- Play with a toy with him/her.
- Groom her/him.
- Ride the Roo Island Merry-Go-Round.
- Go on a Mystery Island Tiki Tour.
- Put him/her in the Neolodge for a couple days.
- Petpet Battle game (10 wins)
- Turmaculus (random)
- SymolHole (rare)
- Petpet Lab Ray (random)
Note: a petpet's level has NO effect on anything except the Petpet Battle game.
When you buy or find a bottled faerie, you can set it free -- in return, the faerie can bless your pet with special abilities. You can access your pet's abilities page here. You can see some of the available abilities here.
The most common types of faeries you'll run across and the abilities they will grant are:
- Air Faerie - grants abilities from the sphere of air - powers such as invisibility, haste or flight.
- Earth Faerie - grants powers such as toughened skin, the ability to magically create food or burrow into the ground.
- Fire Faerie - grants many battle magics.
- Water Faerie - grants healing and defensive powers that will protect your pet from harm.
- Light Faerie - grants holy powers such as bless and restore.
- Dark Faerie - grants evil abilities include creating darkness, draining life and vision at night.
Making Neopoints Guides
QQmachi's 100k/Daily Neopoints Guide, Lobster's Guide to Making Neopoints, Who Wants to Be a Neo-Millionaire?, Slow Internet NPs Guide, Smile's Tips on Making Neopoints, Guide to Becoming a Millionaire, Free Neopoints! A how-to guide by QI, Become Neo-Millionare in about a month and a half, 15K in 15 Minutes, 30k a Day Guide, Becca's Rainy Day NP Making Guide
Secret Avatars, Heart Pearl's Avatar Help, Pachebel's PackRat Avatar List, Safety Deposit Box Avatar, Avatar Help, The Avatar Game Guide, Stevo's Avatar Guide, Slorg Queen's Avatar Help, Auto's Avatar Help, Transmorphis' Secret Avatar Guide
See also: NP Concert Schedule for avatar band play dates.
Sidebar themes are a way to make browsing the Neopets site more enjoyable. Many of the ones released so far required involvement in previous plots (sad for us who missed them!), but there are a few that are attainable by other methods.
By default, each Neopets user has:
- Neopets Basic
- Neopets Yellow
- Neopets Red
- Neopets Blue
- Neopets Green
Other sidebars are:
- Happy Birthday - SPECIAL - This theme is automatically available on two days: your birthday (listed when you signed up for Neopets) and on Neopets' birthday, November 15th.
- Premium - AVAILABLE - This theme is awarded to Premium members who refer 5 people to Premium Neopets. Note: referrals must stay after the 2 week trial period to get this theme!
- Valentine's Day - AVAILABLE - This theme is awarded to users who send or receive a 'Mysterious Valentines Card' on February 14. Note: once you send the card, it's gone!
- Haunted Woods - AVAILABLE - Originally awarded to winners of the first Random Contest, this theme is available as a Random Event between 11:55 PM - 12:00 AM NST on October 31st.
- Altador Constellations - AVAILABLE - Given for completing the Altador Plot. To get this theme, visit the Council Chamber once you've finished the plot.
- Neopets Purple - AVAILABLE - This theme is available by visiting the lookup of any purple pet which has a purple petpet. To get this theme, visit here.
- Winter Holiday - CLOSED - This theme was available as a random event to members that visited the Advent Calendar on the day it was released.
- Curse of Maraqua - CLOSED - Given to those who fought or were supporters in the Curse of Maraqua plot. To get his theme, here.
- Qasalan - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Lost Desert (Qasalan) Plot. To get this theme, visit the prize shop.
- Tale of Woe - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Tale of Woe Plot. To get this theme, visit Sophie's Shack.
- Cyodrake's Gaze - CLOSED - Given for making at least two correct answers in the Cyodrake's Gaze plot. To get this theme, visit here.
- Altador Cup - CLOSED - If you participated in the Altador Cup and earned at least one point, you can visit the prize shop to get this theme.
- Petpet Protection League - CLOSED - If you participated in the Petpet protection League mini-plot, this was one of the prizes.
- The Return Of Dr. Sloth - CLOSED - If you participated in the Return Of Dr. Sloth plot, this was one of the prizes.
- Faeries' Ruin - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Faeries' Ruin Plot. To get this theme, visit the prize shop.
- Puzzle Adventure - UNKNOWN - You had to complete the video game Neopets: Puzzle Adventure to get this theme. I do not know if this is still available.
To change your sidebar, simply set it in your Site Preferences.
Things that Paint, Color, and Change Your Pet and Petpet
Neopets.com Changing Your Neopet's Appearance FAQ, Rainbow Fountain FAQ, The Rainbow Fountain: Mystery Solved, Siren_Song's Paint Brush F.A.Q., The Paintorium (formerly Paint Brush Library), The Paint Brush Tree, Emroza's PB Guide, Bobbie's Paint Brush Listing and Price Guide
The Secret Laboratory, a.k.a. Lab Ray:
Note: You CAN NOT use the Petpet Lab unless you have access to the Secret Lab first!
What the Secret Lab WILL NOT do:
- Paint your pet ANY of these colors: Pirate, Baby, Plushie, Usuki, Quiguki, and Royal
- Increase your pet's intelligence
- Decrease your pet's max hitpoints
What the Secret Lab CAN DO:
- Paint your pet any of these colors: Alien, Chocolate, Ice, Clay, Sponge, Coconut, Custard, Garlic, Jelly, Mallow, MSP, Robot, Snot
- Paint your Chia any color exclusive to its species
What the Petpet Lab CAN DO:
- Paint your petpet any of these EXCLUSIVE colors: Strawberry, Jelly, Chocolate, Gold
Pet Clothing / Customization / Wearables
YAY! I can now dress my pets alike (because I'm a wicked owner! ;)) ... hehe ...
Many wearable items are still only available through the NC Mall, but there have been quite a few things that you can now acquire via the shops, Trade Post, and auctions! :)
Brain Tree Quests/Answers: Feed the Esophagor twice!Quick and Gritty Faerie Quest Info:
- Air Faerie will raise your pet's speed for a grooming/beauty item.
- Earth Faerie will feed your pet for a magic item. (Expensive!)
- Dark Faerie will raise your pet's life/endurance (HP's) for a toy.
- Fire Faerie will raise your pet's strength for a clothing item.
- Light Faerie will raise your pet's level for a collectable/trading card.
- Space Faerie will raise your pet's level for a furniture item.
- Water Faerie will raise your pet's defense for a book.
- Faerie Queen will raise your pet's level by one and will raise its strength and life/endurance by three for a rare/random item. (Can be expensive!)
- Rainbow Faerie will allow you to color one pet at the Rainbow Pool for a rare/random item. (Rarest of all faerie quests! Count on it to be expensive!)
To request help finding a item: post to the Neopets Quest boards. In your post, state the complete name of the item you need and wait patiently ... someone will answer you within 2-5 minutes! (usually less, but don't bump your post ... few people reply to posts if they see replies!!)
Remember your manners!!! If someone helps you out in the boards, say 'please' and 'thank you' ... nobody has to help you, but they do so out of the goodness of their heart. Show your appreciation for their hard work!
See also: Faerie Quest Item List
Defenders of Neopia / Battledome: Battledome Challengers: Defenders of Neopia, Battledome Help, One Player Battledome Chart, Battle without Spending a Fortune, The Ultimate Guide to Battledome Challengers, Underfrog of the Battledome, A Battledome Set for Every Budget, Weaponpedia
Specific Challengers: How to beat the Ghost Lupe
NOTE: Because the games have changed so much, I have decided not to list guides for every single game. The "All Games" links above can direct you to your desired guide, how-to, tutorial, etc.
Hard to Find Pets
The following are considered Limited Edition pets: Chomby, Cybunny, Draik, Hissi, Jetsam, Kiko, Koi, Krawk, Lutari, Poogle, Tonu,
Sometimes for certain pet days, TNT will release Limited Edition pets:
Tonu Day: February 21st
Chomby Day: March 22nd
Lutari Day: April 19th
Cybunny Day: April 27th
Hissi Day: May 4th
Koi Day: May 25th
Kiko Day: July 17th
Poogle Day: September 19th
Jetsam Day: October 16th
Note: Draiks and Krawks are never released.
Help / Administration:
Guild Layout Help:
Find a Guild:
Adoptions / NP Pound / Transferring Pets
If the age of your account is younger than 4 months:
- You can adopt and receive via transfer pets that are not Limited Edition.
- You will only be able to adopt the following colors: Pink, Purple, Invisible, Checkered, (Basics), Brown, Glowing, Orange, Shadow, Silver, Skunk, Speckled, Split, and White.
- You will only be able to adopt Level 1 or 2 pets.
- You will not be able to transfer a pet.
- To abandon a pet it costs 250 NPs.
- To transfer a pet it costs 1,000 NPs.
- To receive a transfer pet and to adopt a pet is based on this formula: (Strength # + Defense # + Movement # + 60) multiplied by Level #
See also: Londer's Guide to Adopting
Neopets Premium Service
See also: Giladriel's Guide to Charter
Neopets Coloring Pages
It's a little known secret ... these make a WONDERFUL distraction for my little one who loves Neopets and coloring. Great for days when I have to work from home or when I need to bring my little one with me to the office! :)
- Haunted Woods
- Kiko Lake
- Krawk Island
- Lost Desert
- Roo Island
- Terror Mountain
See also: Faerieland Coloring Game
Pet, Petpet & Petpetpet Directories
Other Directories & Index Sites
Specifics: The Neopian Gallery Index, Find a Laugh: Screenies Directory, Kat & Jazzie's Plot Directory, Stores of Neopia Directory, The Collectables Directory: Stamps, Shells, Coins, etc., Index of Neopian Holidays, The List Library, Orofane's Cheap Book Guide, Azzy's 5k-or-Less Book List
Recommended Reading: The 'I Want Answers' Directory, SunnyNeo / Mindless Invalid, Places to Be, So You Need a Guide, JubbyJubJack's Guide to Neopia, Where in Neopia ... ?, Guides Galore, Daily Neopet Clicks, Elle's help Guide
Coding & Design
CSS & HTML: Neopets.com HTML Guides, Common Coding Mistakes (NP Code Filters), CSSHelp, Deathwinks, LeiaLissa's PetPage Help, Nightning's Coding Tutorial for Punchbags, Al's HTML/CSS Help, Wizzney's Help Page, The CSS Cafe, Sebastian's HTML Help, FlameIceWater's Guide to Gallery Tables, Kaxian's HTML Guide for Beginners, Day's CSS Codes, Darkest Faerie Lair, Simple CSS Help, CSS Basics, Tables Help
Layouts & Lookups
Do-It-Yourself: If you want to learn to 'do it yourself' I suggest the following how-to's and tutorials:
- User Lookups: Uber's DIY Lookup Tutorial, Scumie's Userlookup Tutorial
- Pet Lookups: Roni's Pet Lookup Tutorial, How to Make a Petpage Layout
- Guild Layouts: please see the Guilds section
Premades: I have decided not to update this part of the section because most who request links to premades usually want something very specific. This is how I search for things:
- Go to the Google website.
- You will need to search for sites located on the Neopets domain so type in site:neopets.com followed by a space
- Now you need to make sure the only results are Neopets petpages, so add the phrase got their homepage enclosed in quotation marks.
- Now add another space and type in whatever specifics you want, enclosing the phrase in quotes. For example, if you are looking for a premade featuring the band Green Day, type in Green Day (Hint: put phrases in quotes!)
It's pretty easy and you can search for just about anything this way!
A big thanks goes to michellejkittie and to countless others who helped me with the original content for this site.