making draik dreams come true ~
Welcome to the draik project!
Created in July 2011, this site was the first ever "the X project" adoption site which has inspired many others of it's kind.
Our aim is to adopt out as many draiks as possible, to deserving draikless neopians. We are also proud to run the uc project which adopts out high valued UCs via quick adoption! :)
Draiks are one of the most sought after Neopet. For Neopians who can never dream of earning enough neopoints to buy a Draik egg, Draiks can be very hard to obtain. We're a site aiming to do several things. As well as adopting our Draiks through the draik project, we also have a directory of current draiks UFA. We will also host tips and guides for draik adoptees.
Finally, we have section where you can 'register' yourself as a potential draik adoptee. We will neomail you when a new draik enters our database of UFA pets/when the draik project puts a draik UFA. We will list your username on this petpage so draik owners can look through and pick a new owner if they wish to quickly adopt out their pets.
We put up a Draik for adoption every other month, and a UC in between! Go here for our rough adoption schedule! :)
Esmari (Easter 2012, Quick adoption, adopted out to invad3r.)
Click HERE to see the finalist lists!
Fause (Christmas 2011, Quick Adoption, adopted out to mheowh.)
Kaspra (Halloween 2011, Quick Adoption, adopted out to dogs_can_bark.)
Alorres (September 2011, Quick Adoption, adopted out to Tooxie.)
Sorreo (July 2011, Quick Adoption, adopted out to luffdoll.)
Advertise our petpage! You can use the link-back buttons located on the side-bar to the right. :)
Donate neopoints/draik eggs so we can adopt out a Draik through the site.
Neomail us Draiks that are UFA and we don't have listed in our directory.
Make us a link-back button or advertising banner.
Don't give up on your draik-dreams. :')
- - - -
Don't forget to link your banner:
Applying for a DUCK (draik, uc, krawk) UFA is much more difficult than another pet. Many owners expect much more from people hoping to adopt, and there may be literally hundreds of people applying.
Especially for a first time applicant, the process can be very hard. You could forfeit your chance of adopting the pet by making silly mistakes. Here are some basic application guides:
With DUCKS there may be a higher emphasis on your account rather than just your application. A quote from an previous Draik owner: One of the prime aspects for me is their account. Are their other pets well treated? Lookups, petpages, beauty contest trophies? Do they have lookup? What other parts of Neopets are they interested in - avatars, trophies etc. I would say I base my decision at least 50% on their account.
Another comment from an applicant of high end pets: content and your account can mean just as much, if not more, for art. If petpages aren't your thing (like myself) don't give up and center on writing good neomail applications. Good characters for your pet is a huge plus. (:
Another user neomailed:
I've applied for a few draiks back in the day, as well as many other high-end pets, and I saw that you needed some tips, well I have two for you.
1. If the character you have in mind is bland or cliche, spice it up and make it more your own, fosters tend to get bored of boring characters and stories, I know I did when I adopted out my draiks and UC mutant usul.
2. It's a good idea to go the the boards the foster makes, if they make any, because it's a good way to get to know your competition, and a good way for the foster to get to know you.
One Neopian raised a very good point: Don't be afraid of competition, and more importantly, don't everever copy them! I applied for a draik once, and another neopian was caught making a very noticable spin off to mine, and many of the finalists were originals and their copies, which led to the host taking the draik down from adoption.
Show the owner you really want the pet: During this time I am doing everything to show I want the pet - including but not limited to: leaving lil' notes on my other pets saying "I hope so and so comes home to us", filling my gallery with items I will use for him (books/training items/etc), putting banners in my shop and userlookup. Also talking to the owner/judges whenever I can to try to make a good impression.
5 useful tips: Hi, I am a successful applicant of 2 Draiks, and I'd just like to share a few tips for Draik Applications.
1. Be Honest. It doesn't matter what else you do in your app, if you are not sincere and the foster finds out, there is no chance for you. Pour out your heart, tell the foster everything you think they should know. In the end, being truthful will turn out to be better than covering things up.
2. SHOW don't tell. Don't say "I'll do this" or whatever. SHOW them with your pets. Also, standard "I'll feed and play" are basic, no one cares. Put effort into your current pets before applying. A foster will not adopt out to someone with barely customized pets (seriously cheap but nice wearables are like 5K) and no character.
3. An account speaks just as much as your words. If you look like a pet hoarder with no trophies/avatars, you don't look trustworthy, no offense. How is the foster to know you won't leave tomorrow? Do things to your account to show that you care about Neo and your accounts and pets.
4. Play your strengths. I am not a good artist, but I say so. I tell my fosters I am a customizer and that I spend money on NC. Do the most with what you do best.
5. have fun! No one wants to read an app it looks like you forced yourself to make (and trust me it shows). Enjoy the character you create and enjoy the process!
Do you have any tips for applying for a Draik? Neomail me!
This part of the site serves two functions: a database of people who we will neomail when a new draik comes UFA (through us or others), and a list people that a Draik owner can look through if they wish to quickly adopt out a Draik.
Also, people on the register can mail the draik project for help with their draik applications.
Please neomail me with the subject potential adoptee register to be added to this list.