Hey guys. Sorry, but I'm too busy to update right now. The page is going on a hiatus, and I don't know how long it'll last.
Olucie's name page was started in April 2010 as a way to amuse his bored owner. Names are permanent and therefore important to many players, so why not make selection easier? Updates should take place at least three times a week. If you notice names that are taken but remain on the list, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated!
- If you use a name, you MUST Neomail me (Jamie) to let me know. Failing to do so is just inconsiderate to both me and anyone else who may want to use a name.
- Make sure you check to see if a name is used before you try to create a pet with it, since names get used constantly. Each name is linked, so go ahead and click if you're interested.
- DO NOT use names from my page on your own page! That's just lazy. See the next bullet for the preferred alternative.
- Do you want to list me on your page? Go ahead, just let me know you have so I can list you too. I'm also always actively accepting affiliates. Yay for linkage! And alliterations!
- Names are used up in large numbers around Limited Edition pet days. Please be aware of this and have a little extra patience with already-used names appearing, as many users aren't courteous enough to Neomail me.
- You don't need to credit Olucie's page if you use a name, but feel free to recommend it to others! (;
OThanks for all of your patience
Pwith my updates, everyone!
How do you come up with names?
I literally make them up and search them in the Neopets Search bar. If they come up unused, I add them to the site. It's not too difficult, and anyone can do it. ^^
Will you remove a name for me if I haven't used it yet but plan on doing so?
Sure. Let me know which name you're planning on using as soon as possible, and I'll remove it for you on my next page update.
Do you take requests for names?
I do not. Sorry! I have tried it in the past and found it to be highly frustrating. Some of my lovely affiliates, such as Short N' Sweet and Names in Bloom, take requests, though, so please take a look at some of their sites if you really want to make a request.
Why do I have to Neomail you? *insert site name here* doesn't require it!
It lets me know that I need to remove the name. It's an unused pet name site, after all! If you don't tell me, I'll have to come across it later on when I do one of my regular clean-ups, which are time-consuming enough as it is. Please have the courtesy to let me know. (:
Why do you run a site like this?
It's fun! I like coming up with names, but I know I'll never use most of them. :P
Can I contribute a name?
If you'd like to contribute, I'd be happy to add your names to the site, assuming they suit my standards.
Do you speak the languages in your Foreign RW section?!
xD Um, no. I only speak English and limited French. I have a close friend from Croatia, and I often use a English-Croatian dictionary that he gave me to find words. :P Other words are found from tidbits of the language I do know or via a popular translating service. I do double check the meaning of a word before I post it using other sources, however.
Do you have any tips for coming up with nice names?
That depends on what you're naming for. Non-RN/RW pet names that trade well are short, pronounceable, and usually avoid unpopular letters such as Q and X. Often, if the name I want is taken, I'll try switching letters to others with a similar sound (such as the 'y' in Sandy to an 'i') or add a silent 'h.' If you're looking for a name that you simply like, the possibilities are endless, so I don't know how to advise you there!
Made by Millie at Button Burst.
Made by Adore.
Finally, I have to throw a huge thank you to a couple of people who have made this page possible.
And I also must thank you, coastermaster392, for visiting my page. (: