Welcome to my portfolio! This page is a personal tool for me to keep my goals, record my guild challenges, links, dailies and lots of other stuff. It's also a way for other neopians to get to know me better. Feel free to have a look around, but please don't take anything that isn't yours.
To navigate, please use the links at the top of the page. You should then see a list of sub-sections pop up in the sidebar, which you can click on to see the relevant page.
● Shop to size 75
● Submit a poem to TNT
● Practice drawing weekly
● Add 5 new stamps
● Submit to NT/AG/PC
● Donate NC items daily
● Ninja training
● Neopian lottery
About meName: Sarah
Location: London, England
I'm a journalist/writer from London. I have a degree in English Studies and Art History from Durham University. I now live back home with my mum and brother, and our three cats in a quiet, leafy part of London. I'm a huge nerd, I'd rather curl up in front of the TV or have a chat about philosophy or books over coffee than go out partying, and I actually love science just as much as I do literature. In my spare time I most like to catch up on arts & crafts blogs, go to the theatre, and I do some acting too.
- Books: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, A Passage to India by E.M. Forster, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Music: Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine, Imogen Heap, Laura Marling, Adele, Athlete, The Killers
- Films Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth, Princess Mononoke, Gone with the Wind, Dr. Zhivago, The Harry Potter films, Les Misérables
- TV Forbrydelsen, Borgen, Bones, Game of Thrones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, House
LikesReading, cooking, baking & pretty icing, all things scandinavian, cats, drawing, graphics, knitting, coding, philosophy, modern art, instagram, craft blogs, cinema, feminism, autumn, winter clothes.
DislikesMisuse of statistics, bad science, art/coding theft, clutter, trolls, vanity, being too cold, ignorance.
GoalsThese are my general goals for the next month or so. Some of these goals stay roughly the same each month, such as neopoints and training. Others change depending on any relevant site events, guild challenges and so on. Thank you to Kate for the inspiration & coding help with this section.
Completed goals 2014
- 04/02/14: Bronze Castle Battles trophy
- 04/02/14: Bronze The Last Blast trophy
- 02/02/14: Gold Legends of Pinball trophy
- 01/02/14: Bronze Hannah and the Wardrobe of Adventure trophy
- 13/01/14: Bronze Snow Wars II trophy
- 12/01/14: Snowroller avatar
- 11/01/14: Snow Wars II avatar
foods: bakery | coffee | exotic foods | faerie foods | jelly | kiko lake
general goalsSo I manage to make a few million NP a month at the moment, through KQ, the battledome, restocking etc. However, I'd really like to get into malling and more advanced restocking and shopkeeping, as well as sniping. My first goal is to increase my shop size to 100, which will cost 809,400 NP.
|crowd control||petpet catch||faerie's folly||petpet pair-up|
|shopping spree||assignment 53||attack of marblemen||bruno's breakaway|
|chia bomber||cooty wars||extreme potato||faerie cloud racers|
|fashion fever||hot dog hero||island chef||jungle raiders|
|kass basher||kreludor caves||lost in s.fungus||meerca chase II|
|mop 'n' bop||maths nightmare||mut. graveyard||nimmo's pond|
|splat sloth||smug bug||snow wars II||sophie's stew|
|turmac roll||ultimate bullseye||warf rescue||wild ride|
2013Everything I accomplished last year in one handy list, plus my end-of-year stats so I can keep track of how I've done!
Start of 2014 stats
|Avatars: 345||Stamps: 412||Neodeck: 145||Kads: 145|
|Trophies: 64||Gold: 33||Silver: 13||Bronze: 13|
|Gourmet: 280||Books: 572||Booktastic: 100||Level: 296|
|HSD: 1590||KQ keys: 2046||Gold keys: 1182||Gallery items: 228|
|NT pubs: 3||AG pubs: 1||PC pubs: 1||WC: 22|
|Bank NP: 13,064,691||Shop size: 43|
- Goparokko avatar
- Monster hunting avatar
- Spacerocked avatar
- Third place at Attack of the Marblemen!
- Gold at Vending Machine Champion!!!
- Keileila to 1,500 HSD
- Matching pet lookups for permies
- Poetry Competition Champion!!!
- Second place at Cheeseroller
- Third place at Word Poker
- Third place at Raiders of Maraqua
- Third place at S.M.E.L.T
- Third place at Assignment 53
- Third place at Kiko Match II
- Third place at Neopian Lottery
- Gold Ghost Bopper trophy
- Third place at Gwyl's Great Escape!!
- Second place at Imperial Exam!!
- Obelisk War Veteran avatar
- Published in NT for 3rd time
- Defeated all faction leaders at the obelisk
- Silver Mystery Pic trophy
- 330 stamps
- Keileila to lvl 200
- Raiders of Maraqua avatar
- Published in NT for 2nd time
- Gold Hannah and the Kreludor Caves trophy
- Gold Typing Terror trophy
- Fetch! upgrade to gold
- Gold Neopian Battlefield Legends trophy
- Completed NQII on Insane
- 300 stamps
- Gold Grand Theft Ummagine trophy
- Gold Ruins Rampage trophy
- Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway upgrade to gold
- 100 neodeck cards
- 275 stamps
- Gold Clockwork Codebreaker trophy
- Gold Ugga Drop trophy
TrophiesTrophies are shiny. I've organised these into categories, with the regular games being practice-based trophies to try for on or near to reset night, and the rest are 'point-farming' trophies which can be gotten any time of the month. Luck and daily trophies are linked to in my dailies, but may appear in the drool section.
AvatarsMy avatar collection is probably one of the things I'm most proud of about my account. I've currently got 347 avatars, so as you can imagine, most of the ones I still need are either random, very rare or just difficult and annoying. The NT and game ones are the ones I need to focus on.
Dream PetsI would absolutely love to own any of these pets. If you see one UFT or UFA, please let me know! I'm working on trading up to at least one of them eventually.
UC Plushie Shoyru
UC Plushie Kougra
UC Mara Gelert
UC Faerie Techo
UC Faerie Draik
- I'm very lucky to have achieved a lot of my dream pets already. For the longest time I dreamed of owning an UC Faerie Xweetok, so when I saw a board on Charter with Nayliae UFQA, I had to apply. I honestly thought I had no chance. So when her owner mailed me saying she'd chosen me I completely flipped out. I was absolutely over the moon. She transferred her over to me the same day, and Nay has not been away from my main since. She's not going anywhere!
- Myzeri, my Pea Chia, was also adopted. He helped me get the SuAP avatar, of course, but more importantly, I had a clear character in mind for him, and I thought a pea would just be so much fun to draw. As a result he has by far the most art of any of my pets, and a couple of BC trophies to match.
- Bonjourxmuffin was owned by my good friend Claire, and when she decided to down-size her accounts, she offered to let me adopt him. I have very clear plans for him, even if I haven't made a ton of progress yet.
Nayliae is a woodland spirit from a bluebell forest outside of Meridell. She is extremely shy, and is rarely seen by other Neopians. She is often suspicious of those who come to the forest, which she is understandably protective of, but she has a kind nature. Nay also has a ghostly quality. Her antennae and mystical markings glow in the moonlight. She uses them to help guide lost souls through the dense forest at night.
She has an innate connection to the spirit world (or otherworld) which can, at times, make her seem threatening or cause people to confuse her with a demon. She's widely misunderstood, and can be extremely lonely, being one of the last of her kind. It's said that she only appears to those who have the deepest respect for the natural world. She can occasionally be mischievous when it comes to travellers who don't treat the forest with care.
Aretya is an endlessly upbeat, food-obsessed junior-high student who seems to have endless energy. She grew up in a town about 20 miles outside of the capital city of Shenkuu, close to the university where her father works. Her dream is to be a veterinarian, but she struggles in science class, and can get lazy about it. But she loves to walk in the woods with her friends and watch the animals.
She's terrible at cooking and housework, but she does her best to help out her mum, who runs a bakery. She's also pretty bad at most physical activity, but she loves cheerleading. When she's not rescuing stray animals or having slumber parties with her best friends, she reads fashion magazines, and daydreams about the kind of person she wants to be. Her youthful naïveté and natural curiosity can lead her into trouble, and she can be self-conscious about this. She'd like to be more grown up, but she's still figuring everything out.
Keileila is the youngest member of a travelling circus troupe known as Noch' Tsirka. Her main skill is acting and simple acrobatics such as tumbling. She is unusually morbid, and loves all things macabre, creepy or unusual. She has had strange premonitions and absence seizures since birth, and those outside the circus usually find her odd and unsettling. But she is at home with her companions in the troupe, and her adopted animal friends, especially spyders. She tries to teach them tricks but it never seems to work.
She struggles to understand emotions, and her face often appears (lost this bit due to filters, need to re-type.
Malady is the ghost of a pirate, who became a sea-witch after her death. She was the daughter of a fisherman and a young, shamanic wise-woman on an unnamed island, not far from the coast of Mystery Island. She grew up adopting magic as a natural part of life, and her mother and father were both well respected amongst the Island inhabitants. She also acts as a healer to the Merfolk who live in her part of the sea.
She harbours deep anger and resentment to all pirates and, and carries out her retribution by summoning storms and casting plagues on them, just as she was accused of doing by her ship-mates. However, she does still use her healing powers on injured or ill sea creatures and other underwater dwellers. She is happy to help, generally speaking, though she refuses to befriend or trust others since being betrayed.
Bonjour is a wandering poet and intellectual. Having studied philosophy and poetry in Brightvale, he decided to adopt the life of a starving artist, selling poems and writing articles to earn enough to live on. He values creativity and freedom above all else, and absolutely abhors being tied down in any way. Vain, proud and with questionable morals in some areas, he's never malicious, and while he thinks little of most people, he is aware of his own flaws.
He has a distaste for social institutions and norms, and does tend to look down on those who follow blindly. He's charismatic, charming and has rather stunning hair. He works best solitude, and likes to surround himself with an air of mystery, but he does need company. Luckily Winston is around, both as a constant companion and to carry his quill and paper.
Kattily was the first Draik I hatched myself, after the deflation, and was painted with a FFQ. I have not got a specific character in mind for her yet, but I am attached to her and love dressing her up! In my head she always has a long braid and a feisty attitude.
Myzeri was adopted through NeoPound and is my main BC pet. Partly because he's so fun to draw. He will have a semi-human form as well as his pea form. He's an adventure-seeking kid who loves to play in nature and has a natural green thumb.
Cosilly was created and painted with a FFQ, mainly because transparent blumaroos are so much fun to customise. I'd quite like her to have a scientist/technology fan character since a lot of my pets are nature-focused, but I'm not quite sure yet. I think she'd be fun to draw but I've not gotten around to it.
Linatha was gifted to me by a very kind neopian. It was a strange story really, they wanted to adopt her out (she was a 'he' then though), but felt that none of the applicants had what they were looking for, came across my account and just offered her to me! I jumped at the chance, obviously. She was my first Draik and was painted chocolate with a FFQ.
AethiaAethia is an account improvement themed guild which is based on a system of challenges, some of which are set by the council members, and others by the members themselves. Completing challenges allows you to earn guild avatars and trophies, as well as improving your account.
- Member since: 06/11/2014
- Team: Malice
- Rank: Haste
- Trophy count: 61
- Avatar count: -
Updates05/07 New event
New monthly challenge.
- Earning goal: 5mil NP
- Starting Cash: 1,301,230 NP
- Start Balance: 6,596,691 NP
- Points: 27
- Challenges: 6 green, 6 orange, 3 red
5/50 keys, 14 neggs
- Reach rank 1
- Reach rank 5
- Customise a pet with an AC theme
- Create an AC goal page/ portfolio section
- Have a Goals-per-game (GPG) of at least 10 by the end of the AC (RT)
Aethia All Stars
- Tier 1 Count : 2
- Tier 2 Count : 6
- Tier 3 Count : 7
- Tier 4 Count : 5
- Tier 5 Count : 4
Avatars Tier 5
Gallery Tier 2
Kadoatery Tier 3
Key Quest Tier 5
Neodeck Tier 3
Neoquest Tier 5
Site Themes Tier 4
Shop Size Tier 5
Stamps Tier 4
Stocks Tier 3
Trophies Tier 3
Gold Tier 4
Art Gallery Tier 2
Neopian Times Tier 2
Poetry Cont Tier 1
Competitions Tier 4
Spotlights Tier 2
Beauty Cont Tier 1
Books Tier 2
Booktastic Tier 4
Gourmet Tier 3
Training Tier 3
Petpets Tier 3
Petpetpets Tier 2
Jan 16th - Elephante Day
Jan 29th - Kacheek Day
Feb 3rd - Zafara Day
Feb 4th - Jhudora Day
Feb 12th - Lenny Festival
Feb 14th - Valentine's Day
- Write poetry contest entry
- Plan next Neopian Times collaboration
- Sketch out first comic in NQ series
- Finish design of Myzeri (anthro)
- Valentine's day art gallery entry
WinsThis is where my Art Gallery and Beauty contest wins will go.
Art Gallery 1812
AethiaAethia is an account improvement themed guild which is based on a system of challenges, some of which are set by the council members, and others by the members themselves. Completing challenges allows you to earn guild avatars and trophies, as well as improving your account. I had an amazing time in this guild and I HIGHLY recommend it, I just didn't have time to fit the activity requirements any more. Sad face.
The Neo ProjectThe Neo Project was maybe the second or third guild I'd ever been in but the first that really stuck. I was initially attracted to it because of the idea of portfolios, which I thought was ingenius, and I still use them. I made a ton of friends in TNP, and eventually, I became the leader, which while stressful, was a blast. Unfortunately TNP as it was kind of self-destructed for several reasons, but it will always be the guild that introduced me to real account improvements, portfolios and most of my best neo-friends.
WishlistThis is my list of general wishes - i.e. things to eventually add to my gallery etc. I have a separate page for my wishlists of gourmet foods, stamps, booktastic books and neodeck cards, and another with my NC WL/TL.
Baby Faellie Plushie Friend
Charming Pink Draik Gown
Earth Faerie Eye Shadow
Evening Draik Dress
Elegant Draik Slippers
Faerie Caverns Background
Haunted Woods Archway
Star Gazing Background
Stylish Aisha Wig
Temple of 1000 Tombs Interior Background
Astronomer Usul Telescope
Advanced Kreludan Physics
Anubis Toxicology Reports (Abridged)
Book of Scarabs
Fashionable Aisha Glasses
Get Organised Stay Organised
Hobans Map Book
Learning Your ABCs and 123s
School Books with Strap
Secrets of Dirigible Construction
Snarkie Answers to Stupid Questions
The Korbat Researcher
The Lost Desert Dictionary
10th Birthday Book
12th Birthday Celebration Kougra Plushie
Baby Bruce Soap
Broken Chocolate Faellie Negg
Broken Chocolate Flower Negg
Fyoras Autumn Floral Bouquet
Grape 9th Birthday Lollipop
Poinsettia Face Cream
Usul Alarm Clock
Water Faerie Perfume
Weewoo Face Powder
Dailiesadvervideo | interest | slime | knowledge | tombola | fruit | anchor | shore | coltzan | tdmbgpop | ninja | academy | kadoatery | times | quests | stocks | wish | food club | bets | battledome | ppl | strength | cheeseroller | wise | grumpy | gormball | tyranu | brain tree | esophagor | bluff | slots | brucey slots
StorageThis is where I store fonts, graphics, gifted art, etc. for future use, and to show them off if I'm not currently displaying them elsewhere. Anything not made by me is linked to its maker. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who's taken the time to make me something wonderful. I love you all.
Link Back?Buttons are linked to their makers.
- Layout, coding and content by Sarah (plasticrose) for my use only.
- Image class code by Orgrimmar
- CSS condensed by Clean CSS
- Images from: Neopets, Dr. Sloth's Image Emporium, DeviantArt, Background Bonanza
- Font in layout: 'Bebas' from DaFont
- Bullets and dividers by The Lunch Box
- Sushi adoptable by Maryann
- Counter base and mail pixel by Zeal
- Button placeholder from Euphoric
- Inspiration from Anh, Mellie and Kate
- Stat counter by BoingDragon