Sites, Guides, and Extras Right at Your Fingertips
Welcome to Lacuna Directory. A directory run by me, Chris, which aims to provide the visitor with up-to-date site listings and information. Lacuna Directory lists over 2,000 sites and plays host to a number of other features. Lacuna Directory re-opened on December 26th, 2012, solely to serve the visitor. If you have any concern with or comments about the directory do not hesitate to voice them by neomailing me.
Almost any site can be listed at this directory. Only sites with stolen content or that otherwise break the Neopets Rules will not be listed here. Sites under construction, undergoing a revamp, or written in a language other than English are all fine to get listed here at Lacuna Directory. To get listed, just click the large button in the sidebar. All the recommended sites are determined impartially and the standards used to determine them are publicly available. Do you have a suggestion to improve Lacuna? I'm always open to feedback and opinions about the directory. Don't hesitate to let me know!
- A couple new sites have been listed and some have been removed. (7 added, 26 removed)
- I've received a great review from the new site Java! If you're looking to improve your own site, look into one of the numerous
styles of reviews offered there. Thanks to the review, you'll soon be seeing some changes around the site. I'll point them
out as they come up.
- The link sweeping continues. I won't have much time over the next few days so the process will be slow but it will continue.
- Reviews has been link swept.
- The reviews category has gotten so small I may combine it with requests. Let me know what you think of this.
- Again, sites without an update in 30 days are considered inactive, service sites (requests, reviews, agencies, etc.) without
an update in 6 months are removed. I find it pointless to leave sites with no indication of returning simply to pad
Friday, July 25th, 2014
- A couple new sites have been listed. (13 added, 42 removed)
- Sites that have not been updated in 30 days have been marked as inactive. Sites that rely on activity (requests, adoption
agencies, etc.) that have not been updated in over six months have been removed.
- Adoptables & Trades and Creative Content have been link swept.
- Listing out every site that was removed would take up in inordinate amount of space below, only the number of sites
removed will be included.
- While it may see that as the site becomes smaller through removing links, it becomes less useful, this simply frees up space
making useful, quality links easier to find. Even though there may be less, you aren't missing out on anything. I hold the lists
here to a high standard to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for quickly, to help prevent you from sifting
through empty pages for the one you want. The total number of links isn't always the most important thing.
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
- A couple new sites have been listed. (3 added, 9 removed)
- While The Button Club may be gone, you can still get excellent buttons from a past contributor at Someday in Ecstasy.
- I've begun link sweeping, it will ideally be finished by Saturday evening.
- Once link sweeping is done, I'll be doing bulk listing (mainly of guides) so check back Saturday for some new sites and
some nifty announcements too!
Friday, July 18th, 2014
- A couple new sites have been listed. (6 added, 0 removed)
- I will beginning another complete link sweeping of the directory. If there are sites you already know are either closed or have gone inactive, please let me know. In addition, if you own a site that has not been updated in 30 days, it will be marked
Sunday, July 13th, 2014
- A couple new sites have been listed. (7 added, 0 removed)
- Craft has a new home, be sure to change any links you may have to the new location!
25 or More Pets Should be Listed at Themeless
10 or More Pets Should be Listed at Agencies
Pet Sweeping Should be Performed
Pictures and Links to the Owner Should be
Restrictions, Requirements, Deadlines, and
Seeking Information of the Owner Should be
Layout Should be Clear and Easy to Navigate
Sites Should be High Quality but are Addressed
All Guides Should be Updated for the Most
Page Specific Coding Guides Should Include all
Relevant Removal Codes and the IDs of
all Relevant DIVs
Tutorials Should not Omit Any Steps in the
Graphics Guides and Tutorials Must Include
Image and Examples
75% of Colors Should be Complete for Pet
Content Should be Organized and Easy to Access
Resources Should be Unique, Unobtrusive, and
Banners or Graphics in Layouts Should be Edited
in Some Way, Textures, Stamps, Color
Balance, Stamps, etc.
Any Animations Should be Smooth and Relevant
to the Graphics
Drop Shadows, Glow Effects, and Textures
Should be Subtle
Images Should not be Overly or Poorly Edited
Color Schemes Should not be Overly Large or
Game Guides Should Include Avatar Information
Game Guides for "Repeatable" Games (ie. Dice
Escape or Sewage Surfer) Should Include
General Guides Should be Detailed and
General Guides Should be Updated as
1,000 or More Site or Guide Links or...
750 or More Neopian Times Article Links or...
100 or More Pets for Species or Color
100 or More Guild Links or...
75 or More Shop or Gallery Links
No More Than 4 Link Classifications
Sufficient Link Sweeping, Inactive Sites with No
Utility Should be Removed or Moved, Broken
or Closed Sites Should be Removed.
Community Sites: Daily Updates with News or
Competition Sites: Active Participation
Lending Pages: Must Lend Three High Tier Items
Ranking Sites: Weekly Updates with 10 or More
Categories, No Favoritism, Rankings Must be
Untaken Name Sites: 250 or More Names
Other Sites Should be Unique but are Addressed
12 or More Fonts In Total
4 or More Should Not Require a Neoboard Pen
Fonts Requiring a Neoboard Pen Should be
Marked as Such
The Fonts Should be Unique From Each Other
Fonts Should have Interesting Design and Good
5 or More Layouts
Layouts Should be Unique, Not Variants of One
CSS Layouts Should have Interesting Design and
Good Color Schemes
Graphics Layouts Should have Interesting Design
and Adhere to Graphics Quality Standards.
Layouts Should be Fixed in the Event of a Filter
25 Completed Graphics Requests or...
5 Completed Layout Requests
Graphic Requests Open Twice a Month or with 8
Layout Requests Open Once a Month or with 4
Graphics Should Adhere to Graphics Quality
Custom Layouts Should Adhere to Premade
Layout Quality Standards
5 Completed Reviews
Requests Open Once a Month or with 4 Slots
Scoring Justification Provided
Issue Justification Provided
Suggestions Provided to Improve Supposed
35 or More Screenies with Art or Commentary
Updated Monthly or Offer 100 or More Screenies
Link Back to Lacuna
- Some of the initial listings, guides in particular, were listed using The Games Room and Soroptimist's Guide Library with
permission from their owners.
- All uncredited content is including "inactive recommended," recommendation guidelines, and site catalogs is my own.