Lefty's Food Club Bets
Welcome to Lefty's Food Club Bets! I've been playing Food Club for three years and it's my favorite game on Neopets. Each day I post my bets here. You are welcome to copy mine if you wish, or you might want to follow one of the other betting pages in the links section. Copying another player's bets is a great way to learn how to make your own bets. Be sure to take a look at Revenge's Guide for more information about the game and suggested betting strategies.
March 10 - Round 5442 (Pending)
Strangely enough, the round took place at 1 pm NST today (March 9). Go figure.
Important: Daylight Savings Time began today and FC times go back to normal. Today's match is at 2 pm NST. The gates will be closed between 1:45 pm - 2:15 pm NST as usual. Results will be available at 2:15 pm NST.
5441 - 16:10
March Cumulative Total - 262:90
My Betting Style
Strictly speaking, I don't follow a system; however, I do have guidelines which I follow.
1. As a general rule, I like to take some risk because it is: (a) more fun and interesting to do so in my opinion; and (b) more profitable over time. I would describe my betting style as moderately risky. Having said that, I don't get too crazy, and I always incorporate safeties in my betting.
2. My favorite type of card is when there is at least one arena with a clearly favored pirate (meaning there is a 2:1 pirate and the other pirates are 5:1 or greater). It's better still when at least two of the pirates are long shots (at 10:1 to 13:1). The more arenas like this on a given day the better.
3. Whenever possible I try to incorporate bets on pirates that have a positive Estimated Value (EV).
4. I avoid making bets that are less then 10:1 (breaking even), unless there's a good chance of a cascade. Then they add up, which is good.
5. Most of the time I ignore Food Adjustments since I assume that they are already reflected in the odds. The exception to this is when there is a pirate with a +4 FA or higher. In that case I tend to place a little more value on the likely outcome of such pirates.