Neopia's Treasure Hunt
Come on InYou are traversing across the pages of neopia's finest when you all of a sudden happen upon a piece of treasure map. What could this 50x50 pixel box mean? You cast it off as a pointless pixel and continue on with your journey. As you come to more and more pages, you are finding more and more pieces of map... at least, you think it's map. You can't be sure. That's when you finally find it.
The Treasure Map, and all of your confusions and questions are put to ease. You come across a site called The Map™. On this site you find a treasure map that reads:
I am about to send you on a marvelous quest,
One that will prove to be quite the test.
I am missing some pieces of a treasure map, you see,
So I am asking you now to find them for me.
Below you will see all the pieces there are,
They can be found all over, some near and some far.
Try to find them all, keep a collection,
Only with all can you reach true perfection.
So hurry, my child, go quick without cease,
For your job is not over until you bring me every last piece.
Thinking to yourself, Wow, that map maker must be quite the regular Dr. Suess. What a FANTASTIC rhyme to think up, you scroll down further to see this treasure map because the map maker has inspired you to take this quest.
Gotta Read 'Em001. Anyone can be a Quester (the person who looks for and collects map pieces).
002. To make a map piece, you must own a site because placing a map piece in a shop or on a userlookup makes things too complicated... there are already at least a thousand sites out there, we don't need to add a million more places to look.
003. You MAY NOT tell anyone where to find the map pieces.
004. You are allowed to hide them ANYWHERE on your site... as long as it is on the actual site. (ie. on pages other then the home, mixed in with all of the pieces you've found... so on and so forth).
005. You do not need to make a piece in order to participate, however you SHOULD have somewhere, whether it be on a site, a designated petpage, or a userlookup of the collection of pieces that you found. (I need somewhere to link to).
006. I think putting usernames in a form is stupid... obviously, your username is whatever you're neomailing from... so if I ask, just say, "Silly Jayy".
007. You may only have one treasure piece per site. That means you can make more than one, but only if you have more than one site. Which also leads into...
008. You can only have one per site and you may not use other people's or hide their's on your site.
009. It is suggested that you don't put your name or site name on it so that it makes it harder to find... (if I made one that said ICU on it, then when you saw it in the treasure map, you would know to look at ICU to find it). You ARE allowed to do this, it's just not suggested. You may also use pictures that relate to your site, but it is all up to you.
010. Make your piece of map a link to this site. (www.neopets.com/~chinlulu)
011. If you would like to hide a map piece on your site, but aren't good at making pixels... feel free to request a 50x50 pixel from anyone offering, or me (just include it in the neomail)... in other words, you can have someone else make it for you.
To try and make this clear about what you are doing:
Make a 50x50 pixel box and put it somewhere on your page that isn't completely obvious. Make it a link back to this page. Fill out a form so that I am AWARE that you made this so I can add it to the map.
OR just send me a form so that I know you want to be a quester so I can add you to the list.
Any other questions on how this works? Neomail Me.
What You Do...
When you find a pieceYou go back to one of the many pages that you found a piece of the map on, eager to start this quest. But how do you get it onto your own collection map? It's quite simple. Right click on the piece of map, and click on "Copy Image Location" (if you are using firefox), or go to "Properties" then copy the URL Address (if you are using IE). The next step is go to the page where you're collection map is at. Copy and paste this code on:
(You should probably do this before copying the map piece's code because copying this AFTER your copy that code will erase that code from the clipboard and you'll have to copy it again) Then paste the map piece's code where it says "http://i50.tinypic.com/2q0kms2.jpg". Click save and there you have it(: You can now show the world and the map maker all the pieces that you have found.
Show your map with pride
Updates06.20.11 - For anyone viewing this page, please know that we are on an OFFICIAL HIATUS, I just don't have time to redo and keep up with this site. Seeing as I still love it, I'm not going to close it... WE WILL BE BACK! I just don't have time for it right now. So until then, xoxo Jayy.
07.01.10 - New Quester and 2 pieces added to the map.
06.29.10 - 2 New Affies. New Quester.
06.08.10 - New listers. 2 map pieces found. New Affie(:
06.01.10 - Opened.
Let Me KnowSo you want to be a part of the map? Just read the rules and fill out one of these forms and send it to me...
For DOMDrag and drop the images to your address bar to view them full size. The bottom 2 need to be saved to your computer.
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions