Neopets April Fools
We all know that The Neopets Team loves to pull pranks on us on April Fools Day.
Here's a list of pranks they pulled:
ARGH What happened to my Neopet? He's full of lumps :(
And when I check his Neopet lookup I see this strange button:
What if I went to the
Pharmacy instead? Perhaps they could help me.
I guess not :( Well off to the
Hospital then. It looks like they got a makeover :o
Your Neopet would become ill the moment
you login to your account. You can't
even cure your own Neopet, so you had to
ask someone else to do this for you. All
cures last for 30 minutes.
If you cured someone with Blazingly Hot
Soup, you would receive this Random
And this background
Blazingly Hot Soup Background
When browsing the
site, you would find these
hazard signs marking the quarantine
Bulletins regarding the Scourgies:
The Scourgies even made it into the
At 0.00 am NST all Neopets were healthy
again and the hospital turned back to
771.449 Neopets were infected, imagine
if this lasted more than just 24 hours
What's this? A now concept to battling?
Just click on the pictures below to watch the videos
Hmz... a new Random Event? Let's check it out...
You can now play pranks on your friends. All you had to do is choose which prank you want to pull and it would happen to their active pet.
would be zappen into a pile of ashes
Their pet would be
morphed into a Maraquan Mynci, Blue Orgrin, Speckled Usul or Rainbow
Their pet would be
covered in slime
- Pie: Their pet's face would
be covered in pie. There are five different flavours:
Mince Meat Pie
If your pet got hit by a pie, you had a chance of getting this neomail:
And this background
I Love Pie Background
Ahhh... you have a funny bone and maybe a bit of an evil side. Your prank has been played!"
If you played another prank on the same person, the last prank would replace the first one.
So if your pet was a Rainbow Tuskaninny and someone threw a Pie. Your pet would turn into their original species, but with Pie on their face.
And to make things even funnier, TNT added a filter on the Neoboards.
Most words related to the Prank Warehouse, so there were some funny topics XD
3.14 changed into
Ash changed into Bones
Pi changed into Air
Pie changed into Danger
Pai changed into Mud
Prank changed into Ignore
Snot changed into Faerie dust
Slime changed into Twilight
Tiny changed into Huge
Topic changed into Toairc
Posted by TNT on Facebook:
Working on some new faerie stuff and thought you'd want to see. Not final yet, but we hope you like it!
Is it wrong to feel hungry while looking at her? XD
Got tired of looking at your Neopets, well here's:
And you can even share your views on this subject on the board
They even added a new Random event to make it complete
The economy in Neopia got worse :o
Wave goodbye to restocking...
Tombola guy demanded 1np the whole day
The Neopian Second-Hand Shoppe gave out Wooden Barrels for those poor Neopians
And of course a Random Event to show how bad the economy got:
Ever felt so alone on Neopets? Well in 2008 you weren't anymore...
And you thought you could just ignore it and move on...
So after being stalked for a while, you finally gave in...
Match your personality
To begin, we're going to need to match your personality to one
of the available Neobuddies. To do this please answer all of the
questions in this quiz so we can get started:
It's the weekend! Which sounds like the most
- Crawling around some cavern looking for treasure.
- Swimming around a beautiful underwater city.
- Relaxing in your palace.
- Doing your homework. You have no time to dawdle,
exams are coming!
- Brewing something in the kitchen.
You're on vacation on Mystery Island, but you forgot
your wallet! What will you do?
- Pull out your ray gun, zap someone, and take their
- Offer to take people on jungle hikes for a
- Borrow a little money. Everyone knows you, and
they'll be well rewarded.
- Brandish your sword and demand the local villagers
give you all their valuables.
- Challenge someone to a game with some money involved.
You know you won't lose.
What would a devious dark faerie try to tempt you
- A foolproof plan to take over Neopia.
- The location of an undiscovered island.
- The ability to change your cursed past.
- A whole lot of depth charges for a certain
- A worthy opponent.
When you were little, you spent most of your time...
- Throwing your wooden blocks at people and cackling
- Searching the backyard for treasure.
- Preparing for the day you'll ascend the throne.
- Stealing toys from other children.
- Playing board games.
Which of these would you consider your best quality?
- Your adventurous spirit.
- Your strong sense of empathy.
- You're quite cultured.
- Your intellect.
- Your rough personality. No one messes with you!
How do you get along with your siblings?
- I'm an only child.
- We tend to butt heads a lot.
- We don't interact all that much.
- I adore mine!
- We watch out for each other. Don't mess with my
What's your most common type of reading material?
- Treasure maps.
- The Neopian Times.
- Official documents.
- School books.
Which of these words do you like the most?
The shocking results:
You just browsed around the site like usual and got an annoying pop-up from either McGee or Sir Fufon Lui with a "smart" remark. And the more you clicked them away, the angrier
(and bigger) they got:
Some of the remarks:
Bug Eye McGee
- ARR! Ye' tryin' to replace me!?
- Away with ye! Thank goodness I'm not one of yer Neopets; if I were I'd be the saddest little sprog that the seas have ever witnessed!
- Aye, ye terrible monster! I'd sooner be checkin' meself into the Cockroach Towers for a month-long stay than spend another moment in yer presence!
- Y'know, a little appreciation would be nice. The occasional "thanks fer all yer kind advices, Mister McGee" would go a long way.
- I can't be takin' it anymore! If I ever be seein' yer likes again, it shall be to soon!
Sir Fufon Lui
- Are you sure that you want to brave the Neopian wild without an honourable protector such as I by your side? I wouldn't be so certain...
- Why, you cheeky rapscallion! How dare you brush me aside after all I've done for you!
- Fie, I say unto you... fie! What's that you say, you don't know what "fie" means? Pshh!
- You dare to mistreat me so shamelessly? A pox upon your house, I say!
- You're lucky that handsome, dignified swashbucklers such as I would keep you company.
I still miss
McGee every single day, you can't find a more loyal friend :'(
||No more Battles||
Too bad not everyone noticed that TNT was pulling another prank on us Users,
only the Battledomers and restockers noticed something weird...
This was the same message at the Hidden Tower,
since a lot of Battledome items are sold there too. But that wasn't all...
No more shops which sold Battledome Items
Same goes for the following shops:
||Defence Magic Shop
|Faerie Weapon Shop
||Ice Crystal Shop
No more Battledome Chat:
You couldn't even challenge a Neopet to battle anymore :(
TNT also removed the battledome stats on your lookup and wouldn't even let you
take a look at your pet's equiped Battledome items.
Paying TNT to play Neopets? And with that I don't mean Premium.
They added a cute stalking Scorchio who kept track of the pages you visited and the amount of NP you had to pay to keep your account in "good standing."
Prices per page refresh:
For the full version of NeoCharge, click
||50 new Neopets||
The Neopets Team promised us the release of 50!!! new Neopets.
To see them all click
Because many people wanted to own one of these new Pets, TNT released a
poll to vote
which April Fools Pet would actually become a real Neopet.
On January 6th they released the Gnorbu (the Lamameeah, which was redrawn a bit)
That year TNT promised their users they would release a new expansion for the Trading Card Game.
Here's a copy of the newspage:
And since that day you can obtain the April Fools Avatar by checking the News Page on April 1st.
- We promised that we would let you into a big secret today, and here it is. Over the last three months, Meridell has been plunged into another war, and now - on the 30th of April starts something even more exciting. Introducing our next three month...
The ancient land of Quigara, home to the Quiguki for hundreds of
years is under threat, and its up to
YOU to make a
difference. Our on site story (in comic and animation format) will
be accompanied by a
150-card TCG Expansion, action figures,
and lots lots more.
- Want to read the back-story?? Click here for an exciting new Neopedia.
(The Story Of Xanstalon, link is removed by TNT)
- Here are some of the great cards from the new set! The newest expansion to our NeoPets TCG brings some awesome new NeoPets, Experienced NeoPets, Locations, Items and Equipment to make the game even more awesome!
TCG Card of the Day is the
- We have added the Quiguki Blacksmith to our
How To Draw pages.
- To celebrate the launch of our 2nd TCG Expansion we have some new Quiguki Buddy Icons.
Always good for a scare: a site makeover!
Elimination of neopoints and Nick Neopia o_O
What where they thinking?
For the full version click
||The Pant Devil attacks||
How would you feel when suddenly all your items have dissapeared from your account?
And not by a scammer, but by the Pant Devil himself!
This special event made all your Items, in your inventory AND Safety Deposit Box, dissapear.
This MUST be a joke, I mean just look at the new versions
It's a time of change at Neopets... new staff, with great new ideas!
We have some great news for all Neopets players!!! You must be tired of the way your Neopet looks by now - but don't worry... all the Neopets are getting a makeover.
Here is a sneak preview of some of the new pictures!!!
Hi! Im the new Kiko!
The new Kiko is called 'Kreela' and will be arriving in Neopia soon!
Hi! Im the new Chia!
The new Chia is called 'Chyonko' and will be arriving in Neopia soon!
Hi! Im the new Korbat!
The new Korbat is called 'Kibbiler' and will be arriving in Neopia soon!
Want to see all the new versions...? Click