Neopets - The Neopet Fruit Machine

Spin the wheels once a day like a slot machine and see if you can match all three fruits.
If the first two fruits match you win a small prize.
If all three fruits match you win a BIG prize.
There are 12 different prizes.

Five Neopets holding six types of fruits appear in the Fruit Machine. Desert Blumaroos or Elephantes facing Right or Left are always in the Left wheel. A Desert Aishas either facing Left or Right is always in the Middle wheel. And Desert Pteris or Kaus facing Right or Left are always in the Right wheel. That's 6 fruits, 5 Neopets, and 2 versions each for a total of 60 different images (see charts below).

However after collecting data for 300 spins of the Fruit Machine, I noticed that 3 of the 10 possible Neopets NEVER appear. Left facing Blumaroos and Aishas & Right facing Pteris NEVER appear. The following chart details my last 300 spins.

You may get different paint brushes, muffins and petpets. I do not mean to show a complete list on this page

# Spins

300

Left Middle Right Frequency Totals

Wins

Blumaroo Elephante Aisha Pteri Kau per fruit Big Small
L R L R L R L R L R
Bagguss 20 29 20 76 23 45 16 25.4% 229 6 12
Tchea Fruit 27 22 27 71 29 21 18 23.9% 215 3 16
Ummagine 18 19 22 59 16 21 20 19.4% 175 3 9
Cheops Plant 14 13 22 46 19 22 13 16.6% 149 3 7
Ptolymelon 6 13 11 28 6 8 11 9.2% 83 5
Puntec Fruit 8 3 6 20 5 2 5 5.4% 49 1

There would be 6,912 combinations (24 * 12 * 24) if all 60 images actually appeared. But since only 42 images appear then only 1,944 combinations (18 * 6 * 18) are possible. There are a total of 72 winning combination, 18 for a small prize and 54 for a big prize.

Notice that fruits appear at different rates. Bagguss (25%) are the most abundant and Puntec (5%) being the most rare. Taking these frequencies into account the chart below shows the chance of winning each prize. The overall chance of winning a small prize is 15.2%. The overall chance of winning a big prize is 4.3%. The overall chance of winning any one prize is 19.5%. Your frequencies and therefore chances of winning may vary.

Special Thanks to somerandomplayer for helping me with the math. After recording each spin for the past 300 spins I noticed that there is little impact on the statistics; therefore, I will no longer be updating these numbers.

Winning Combinations & Prizes
Bagguss

Chances
of
Winning
4.2%

Tchea Fruit

Chances
of
Winning
4.6%

Ummagine

Chances
of
Winning
3.1%

Cheop Plant

Chances
of
Winning
2.0%

Ptolymelon

Chances
of
Winning
0.86%

Puntec Fruit

Chances
of
Winning
0.36%

Bagguss

Chances
of
Winning
1.6%

Tchea Fruit

Chances
of
Winning
1.4%

Ummagine

Chances
of
Winning
0.73%

Other reported Petpets are...

You may get different paint brushes, muffins and petpets.
I do not mean to show a complete list on this page

Cheop Plant

Chances
of
Winning
0.45%

Other reported Battle Muffins are Stone, Radioactive, Water, Jelly, Fire, Evil

You may get different paint brushes, muffins and petpets.
I do not mean to show a complete list on this page

Ptolymelon

Chances
of
Winning
0.08%


On Day 1,403 I finally hit this combination.
This win is NOT incorporated into the above statistics.

You may get different paint brushes, muffins and petpets.
I do not mean to show a complete list on this page

Puntec Fruit

Chances
of
Winning
0.02%


Finally! On Day 824 of playing Neopets I hit the Jackpot!
The Faeries were Fire, Earth and Water.

This win is NOT incorporated into the above statistics.

You may get different paint brushes, muffins and petpets.
I do not mean to show a complete list on this page

The LEFT Wheel
Match any of these with the Aisha in the second wheel to get a small prize.
Blumaroo Elephante
Left
(Never appears)
Right Left Right

The MIDDLE Wheel
If the second fruit matches the first you win a Small prize.

Aisha

Left
(Never appears)
Right

The RIGHT Wheel
If this third fruit matches the first two, you win a big prize.
Pteri Kau
Left Right
(Never appears)
Left Right




Heads Up! You're about to leave Neopia!

You've clicked on a link that will take you outside of
Neopets.com. We do not control your destination's website,
so its rules, regulations, and Meepit defense systems will be
different! Are you sure you'd like to continue?



It is a journey
I must face...alone.
*dramatic music*
I want to stay on Neopets,
where the dangers of
Meepit invasion
are taken seriously.
Heads Up! You're about to leave Neopia!

You've clicked on a link that will take you outside of
Neopets.com. We do not control your destination's website,
so its rules, regulations, and Meepit defense systems will be
different! Are you sure you'd like to continue?



It is a journey
I must face...alone.
*dramatic music*
I want to stay on Neopets,
where the dangers of
Meepit invasion
are taken seriously.
Heads Up! You're about to leave Neopia!

You've clicked on a link that will take you outside of
Neopets.com. We do not control your destination's website,
so its rules, regulations, and Meepit defense systems will be
different! Are you sure you'd like to continue?



It is a journey
I must face...alone.
*dramatic music*
I want to stay on Neopets,
where the dangers of
Meepit invasion
are taken seriously.
/help/bumper/headers/log-in-to-facebook

NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2014.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | Safety Tips | Contact Us | About Us | Press Kit
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions