Welcome to the Webbie
CS is a literate, realistic wolf role play guild; yes, darling, we're going old school. We are not extinct, and we plan to rise out of our ashes and give the world-or neopets, if you prefer-a taste of true role playing. Indeed, we are private so you must fill out an application to join. It is a pain, we know, but we seek to preserve our literacy. If you have any questions, please neomail Becca. Otherwise, if you are brave, read on and hear our nonsense.
Three Golden Rules
01. Literacy. Being as we are a literate guild, it is important that you construct your role playing posts in such a way. We understand that everyone in the guild is human, or at least hope so, which means we understand that the occasional typos, misspelling, and grammar errors do happen. We will not bite your head off for this, or at least you better hope so. What we will not accept are sentences (0||stRU(t3D L1|k3 t|-|1s [constructed like this]. The next rule, to help things go a little smoother, is that when you are posting out of character that you using something signaling so (ooc). Finally, we do require a minimum length requirement of a paragraph in role play posts. May I remind you that a normal paragraph is at least 5 sentences in length. Once again, we understand that everyone is human and writer's block does occur so we won't throw you out for a short post once in a blue moon.
02. Characters. We are placing a character limit of 3 characters per person. This is in place to help with the quality of the role play. We feel as though if you have any more characters then that then somewhere along the line some of your characters will be lacking in their uniqueness or neglected. If you feel like you are in desperate need of more characters then you can contact Becca and make a plea for an exception. Please note, that these will only occur if you are a consistently active member, have a record of quality role playing posts, and none of your current characters have ever been neglected. Our final rule under characters is that we do not accept pups as new characters. Simply put, it is unrealistic. Also, only the alphas can have pups- as would occur in real life. You can however sign up if you are interested in role playing a pup so that, when the time comes around, you can have one from the litter. See the character page for more information on this.
03. Activity. It is important that you are routinely on. We don't expect you to spend every second of your life here, but it is unfair to others members if you only make an appearance once every two weeks; the role play just won't be able to go anywhere. So, we ask that you be on at least three days a week in which during those times you make role playing posts. To clarify, simply signing on and posting a few out of character posts will not cut it. Life happens, if you can't make it on for a little while or are going on vacation please let us know. Otherwise you might become the victim of a member sweep.
As a literate role player you should know everything else.
The council positions will be earned through helpfulness and . Here are the other ranks based on activity.
01. Strong- You are the backbone to our survival. You have posted at least 350 messages on the guild boards, have several active wolves, and in general are a staple member.
02. Healthy-It is people like you who help to keep the guild alive. You've posted 250 messages.
03. Normal- You are an average member of our guild and have posted 100 messages at this point. You are a regular in the role play and we appreciate that.
04. Weak- Your presence is starting to become known. At this point you have posted at least 50 messages on the guild board.
05. Sickly- If you are at this rank it is because you are new to the guild. Make some introductions and get your characters into the role play so that you can rise in ranks.
Zurvan, or alpha. This wolf's accomplishments have assailed them to an almost divine status. After all, for what other wolf, besides a war hero, could rise to the status of Ekdikos?
Ahurani, or the healer. More than often, a wolf of this ranking is the partner to the Zurvan; after all it only makes sense that the wolves with divine connections are to be joined. The Ahurani has connections with the gods that make them adapt at healing the wounded warriors of battle.
Saphbod, or commander in chief. They are second in command only to the Zurvan. They help to direct the pack and are the first in line to replace the Zurvan if they fall in battle.
Eron, or the Ahurani's helper. They are, traditionally, the Saphbod's partner and assist the Ahurani in whatever way they can, usually by taking charge of the Argbods. Normally this position involves a quick mind for they assist the Saphbod with the inner workings of the pack. If the Ahurani falls, the Eron take their place.
Kenarang, or in other words the status of elder. A wolf in this ranking has put their fair amount of years into servitude for the pack. One of their lasting duties is to help rally the pack in the time of a great war. Also, they help to teach the pups and lower ranking wolves fighting styles.
Salar, or commander of the Calvary to the Persians. Although there are no horses to be rode here they do have one thing in common, they are the first into battle. Wolves of this ranking are noted for their fighting ability. It is their main duty to protect the pack from any intruders.
Tirbodh, or commander of archers to the ancient Persians. Okay so wolves don't really use bows and arrows but they have their teeth. Wolves of this ranking have proved that they have some notable fighting skills. They are in charge of hunting for the pack and are the second line of defense against intruders.
Argbod, or caretaker of the keep. A wolf of this ranking will be in charge of keeping things in order around the den sites. Helping to care for the alpha's pups will take up a large portion of their time. They are also the last line of defense and are to guard the dens from any intruders.
Marzpawn, or commander of the frontier. A wolf of this ranking has proven some worth to the pack. Main duties will be to help with the initiation of lone wolves into the pack through challenges (see plot page for more information).
Dathabam, in Persian times this would be used for the smallest grouping of soldiers. In this ranking your wolf is in the minority, still viewed as an outsider by those who have been here for years. This includes newcomers and exiles. Perhaps a few duels with higher ranking wolves would prove your worth as a wolf?
Due to trying to keep the guild at a literate standard, we must enforce an application for admittance into our guild. It's nothing to break a sweat over, so don't worry. Simply fill out the following and send it to Becca:
Name: (what can we call you)
Activity: (how often can we expect to hear from you)
Time Zone: (and if possible, though not necessary, what NST times you are normally online_
Literacy: (how would you consider your writing ability to be)
Favorite Smiley: (to help lighten the mood, after all we aren't serious all of the time)
Sample: (this is to make sure you are what you say you are. We are judging you on this so choose wisely)
High-Ranking Wolf App
This application is for the positions of Saphbod, Eron, and Kenarang. Please set up your application on a petpage and send it to Becca, or send me a lovely e mail at lilprincess4394 at the mail that is hot.
01. Please tell us your name/username, how long you've been in the guild, and how many posts you have made. (This is to help remind us just how important and active you are in this guild)
02. What wolf is applying for the position and why should they receive it? (Or why would they fit the role/make it interesting)
03. What other wolves do you actively role play and what are their ranks? (Do you get by with a single wolf who occasionally makes an appearance or do your characters actually help out)
04. Why do you feel as though you deserve the position? (What could you bring to the guild; why would you be good as a pivotal part of the role play)
05. Please supply a role play sample with your wolf acting as the rank you wish for him/her.
This is a separate application for the council. You may be on council without being a Saphbod/Eron/Kenarang, or you may have one of these wolves. It does not matter. If you can, place this on a petpage and send it to Becca, or send me a lovely e mail at lilprincess4394 at the mail that is hot.
02. Post Count: (so we know how active you are)
03. Your Contributions: (have you helped recruit, sponsor a page, participated in a sub-plot, applied for any positions, etc?)
04. Your wolves: (so we can recollect how actively you role play them)
05. If you could do any one thing to change the guild, hopefully for the better, what would it be: (we are always interested in hearing new points of view)
06. How many times, a week, have you been getting online_ (daily, the limit of 3x a week, or somewhere inbetween?)
07. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Welcome to the Plot Page
Breathe. Feel the influx of air surge through your core, your essence; know that you are alive. But will it last? You have heard of these warriors, these savages, among the wilderness. Ears perk and howls bounce around you: one, two, four, seven. Surrounded. No escape.
Deep, deep inside you a voice prays: please be civil.
Hear me, whelp
Sometimes legends make reality, and become more useful than the facts." - Salman Rushdie
Pay attention and keep that maw of yours shut; I am not a wolf of long-suffering, for such a trait has died among my kin. Only as we watch our prey does patience still reign. And no. I do not jest with you, pup.
Now, our clan's story begins in a time where femmes were but toys and life depended on brutality. Again and again our homes were pillaged and plundered by the thieving kings of old. We knew nothing beyond slavery and hardship; our very breath depended upon the mercy of our masters. It seemed as if our gods had long abandoned us, leaving us to fall into the abyss of their memories.
Hope was lost and, too soon, our predecessors deserted sanity and terrorized one another: thievery, abuse, betrayal. We knew nothing but hatred.
But, somehow, the gods still favored us. Sympathy rose from their hearts and even our infidelity did not turn them away. Out of their hands, a new breed of warrior grew. Ekdikos, the great Ancestor, was born. Unlike his brothers, the wolf understood a balance between good and evil, between war and peace; by uniting his kinsmen, Ekdikos channeled our rage toward those wolves who believed themselves to be our masters. And, finally, after a decade of war, the wolves ushered forth for a final battle.
Upon the plain of Agrios, claws and teeth gnashed against flesh and bone. Centuries of pain carried our ancestors through the fighting until, finally, that dreaded king of darkness fell. For the first time since hope died, eyes truly opened. Around us lay millions gone, drifting into paradise or judgement. And there, amidst the turmoil of corpses and despair, Ekdikos lay.
Stay the course,' he told us in between shaky breaths, 'Keep the Following, and I will see you in Ouranos.'
Before Ekdikos entered into paradise, he set certain regulations in place to keep away unnecessary war and establish the balance between the savage desires of our minds and the goodness of our hearts. He now reigns in Ouranos beside the other gods in order to provide justice among our kin. These rules are to be followed under the penalty of exile or death.
01. All authority has been established by Ekdikos through their success; it is to be followed without question. The Zurvan are the divine headship.
02 If a wolf goes against the authority of the Zurvan or Saphbod, this wolf must duel the one aggrieved in a Raga. The victor will be seen as holding Ekdikos' favor and will reign unquestioned. The loser must exile himself and leave the pack, only to return after a period of two years.
03. If a wolf slanders or harms a clansman, the latter may decide the former's punishment. Depending on the severity of the grievance, this wolf can be humiliated through a duel or be subjugated to a minor exile lasting a month.
04. No wolf may bear pups other than the Zurvan and Ahurani; they alone are given the right by Ekdikos. If a pair is found to be with children, it is the Zurvan's duty to judge them accordingly.
05. Death shall be the punishment of any wolf who does not learn humility through exile.
06. In times of a great war, all able-bodied wolves are called to fight. No wolf, male or female, are excluded from Ekdikos' call.
07. All pack quarrels shall be brought before the Saphod or Zurvan, and all duels are to be supervised in front of a majority of the pack. No judgment can be made without Ekdikos' approval shown through the Zurvan's decision.
08. If any wolf maims or causes another to fall into death maliciously, they will be given the same fate.
09. In order to become a true wolf, all Dathabam must earn their right by defeating a speckled feline, either cheetah or leopard. This is their final Rite of Passage.
10. To ascend into Ouranos, one must make a pilgrimage to the plain of Agrigos. This task must be done alone, without any help from the pack or otherwise. There they must find Ekdikos' white tomb, a large circular rock, and earn penance from him.
11. Divinity in Ouranos is granted only to those who, by supreme valor, rise above their fellow kinsmen and learn the balance between war and peace: the perfect balance between mercy and judgment. This path is paved by Ekdikos and those who attempt and fail are often seen unworthy of even the smallest role in Ouranos.
The fire demolished everything it could. Uncertainty assails the pack as whispers of tyranny circle. Some remain wholeheartedly loyal to the Zurvan as he attempts to return the pack to its original glory in this wild terrain beyond the Southern Mountains. However, there are others. A rebellion forms against the Zurvan and perhaps against the gods. They say the gods deemed Kavil unworthy to rule by sending the fire. Its horrific flames were meant to destroy him and someone needs to take initiative. This wolf's reign must end. So where will you stand: loyalty or reformation?
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office.
All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions