Welcome to Behind the Layout, also known as BTL or simply Beetle! My name is Emma, and I've been running Beetle since August 2014. Here I hope to provide you with what you need to make your corners of Neopets look exactly how you want them, whether by using (or editing) one of my premade layouts or following a tutorial to create your own. Everything here is designed for your benefit; please feel free to take it, change it, frankenstein a completely new creation out of it - it's all there to be used!
Beetle is eternally in motion with new sections being added and new premades being premade. If there is something you would like me to cover or clarify in any section, or something new you'd like to see, please let me know!
- + Request: Anchored petpage
- + Section: Wearable Background screenshots
31st August 2014
- + Completed Request: 8 new Harry Potter userlookups
- + Request: Disney Princess userlookups
- + Lister: The Shelf Directory
- + Completed Request: Application petpage
- + Request: Application petpage
- + Completed Request: Banner Petlookup tutorial
- + Backgrounds: 12 new Background Recolours
- + Hall of Fame entry: Vexlica's banner userlookup
- + Section: Backgrounds, including dark, light and coloured backgrounds.
- + Link back button
- + Request: Harry Potter userlookups
- + Affiliate: Wayward Designs
- + Link back button
Following suggestions in a review by Route 10, Beetle Tutorials are now spread across multiple pages for easier access. The top navigation has also been updated to be more uniform across different areas of the site, and the requests section has been rearranged to show the requests for different areas of the site more clearly.
- + Completed Request: 6 new Frozen themed userlookups
- + Affiliate: Floret
- + Listers: Asura and Plugboard
That being said, please be respectful of any content used in the tutorials or premades from other sites; if they ask you to credit, then you must credit.
Please give me a few days to respond, but if you think I haven't seen your neomail then feel free to resend.
All requested tutorials and layouts are free for anyone to use. Requested code reviews and bug fixes are for sole use of the requester, and will be removed once they have been picked up. I do not keep the code for these, so please make sure you have it somewhere safe!
If you've made something using one of Beetle's tutorials, I'd love to see; send me a neomail and I'll feature your layout in the Hall of Fame.
Section specific link back buttons for BTL Premades and BTL Resources coming soon
- Background from Teacake Backgrounds
- Dividers, neomail icon and bullets from The Lunch Box
- Request status sign from Bedazzled
- Link back buttons from: