Hi, I'm Yogarro. Welcome to Sarahleeadvent's Neopian Times diary. Due to her tendency to send in multiple entries at once, and to the fact that she has now started a multi-series saga which people will (hopefully) be following, she has begun to keep track of what she sends in, when she sends it in, and what happens to it, so that people will know what's going on without her having to tell everybody personally. They get more recent as you go down.
- March 20: The short story, Grimace and Bear It, got rejected, so I think I'll try sending in the other one I wrote once I think of a name for it.
- March 21: Still no name for that other short story, but I sent in a two-part series called Scheme for a Shapeshifter for April Fools. It was supposed to be a short, but, as usual, I made it too long.
- March 24: I really need to quit my Times writing, use up my story stash, and get my butt in gear on my other writing projects. I just sent in another story, this one about the Grundo from The Latest and Greatest Recruit of Dr. Frank Sloth. His accidental success went to his head so hard that it knocked his nonexistant brains loose, and I'm a little worried that my attempts to write with his style went a bit too far and ended up overdone. I guess whatever response I get will tell.
- March 26: Scheme for a Shapeshifter got rejected, but since it's specifically designed for April Fools I'm going to try again immediately.
- March 30: Scheme for a Shapeshifter got rejected again, and now it is officially too late. The worst part is, it was made just for this April Fools Day, since by next year its place in the Saga of the Shapeshifter timeline will be no more. I suppose I could try a different way of revamping it now, but we'll see. Still no word on my other stories.
- April 6 or so: Yeah, I forget which day it happened. *Sheepish* But an article I wrote about GUP got rejected, and I sent it in again. STILL haven't heard about some of my other stuff.
- April 11: The article got rejected again, and I've come to the conclusion that my other stuff has completely disappeared. I've sent in a first-attempt Tenultra-related short, and will probably take a shot at revamping some of the other stories that circumstances have rendered obsolete.
- April 14 or something: (There I go again!) The Tenultra story got rejected. I've got another story awaiting a verdict, so here's hoping they like it...
- April 23: I sent Where the Wind Takes Me in again, and am STILL waiting for my other replies. -_-
- May 2: Where the Wind Takes Me got rejected because I apparently failed to offer full descriptions on one or more characters. I'll be going back over it, and probably sending something else in during the interim. I've pretty much given up on getting a reply for the stuff I sent in previously, with the exception of my latest attempt to publish a comic.
- May 3: The comic got rejected. I've sent in another series, Even Though We're Different, so now I proceed once again to hold my breath...
- May 9: I sent in another comic, pertaining to the latest plot. S!T!I!L!L! no word on my other stuff!
- May 10: Even Though We're Different got rejected, and I'm irked. In its original form, it was good enough to get held over, but was then deemed too violent. And now that I've toned the ending down, it isn't good enough. Pfft.
- May 15: I hereby proceed to complain: They rejected my comic 'because of the quality of the artwork'. GOOD GRIEF. Have you SEEN some of the comics they accept? Sure, my comic included part of a screenie of a battledome fight, since I needed the text from the box, but I drew the Aisha in it, and spent some time perfecting the additions I put in to complete the effect. Heck, they've been known to accept a comic that was nothing but text, a couple arrows, and a screen shot! Since when is that good enough when mine isn't?!
- May 16: Well, I added a bit more art to the comic and sent it back in, and I also sent Where the Wind Takes Me in again. Back to waiting...
- May 23: Where the Wind Takes Me has once again claimed a spot in the longest line of rejections I've ever had in the Neopian Times. This is getting REALLY annoying. Hopefully they'll respond a little more favorably to my latest Tenultra-related short story, Different This Time?.
- May 31: Different This Time? got rejected. I'm going to try again, and I'm also sending in a series I haven't tried to publish yet. Name forthcoming when I think of it.
- June 4: I got the series read over, edited and sent in, under the title of What Am I?. I hope the Editor takes pity on me and publishes it.
- June 6: Different This Time? got regected for 'too many good entries' AGAIN. *Headdesk* And who wants to bet there will be at least one or two REALLY dumb short stories in this coming issue, just to put some icing on this cake?
- June 7: What Am I? got rejected for 'real life references'. Apparently a minor spoof I made wasn't abstract enough. Back to the editing board...
- June 14: What Am I? got rejected again- this time because of 'too many good entries'.
- June 18: Two short stories I sent in, and forgot to mention here, just got rejected. At this point, can any honest person look me in the eye and tell me this isn't one of the sorriest-looking NT diaries they've ever seen?
- June 19: I sent What Am I? and Different This Time? in again. Droplet, have mercy!
- June 20: Different This Time? got... *dramatic pause... can you guess?...* rejected. *Insert movie-style sound-effect Waw waw waaaaaaaahwww*
- June 21: What Am I? : another day, another rejection. This. Is. Ridiculous.
- June 24: I just sent in What Am I?, Different This Time?, Where the Wind Takes Me, Simple Gift, and Just For A Moment in rapid succession. With five entries on the table, SOMETHING had better get in!
- June 27: Simple Gift got rejected- no word on my other ones yet.
- July 13: I think they're ignoring me again. Emphasis on *AGAIN!* So, by way of retribution, I am resending all the stuff I sent in on June 24.
- July 20: Different This Time? got rejected. I hope they aren't planning to reject just one and then ignore all the other entries like they did last time.
- August 10: They did it AGAIN. Rejected one story, ignored the rest. So now I'm sending Different This Time? in by itself, and seeing what happens.
- August 15: Rejected. Again. But- (and you know it's getting sad when I'm actually happy about this!)- at least I got a reply. -_-;
- August 21: I finally got around to sending something in again. We'll see how it goes with just two entries, namely Where the Wind Takes Me and Just For A Moment, on the table at a time.
- August 24: Just For A Moment got- you guessed it!- rejected. No word on WtWTM yet.
- August 27: I got a reply for WtWTM, and... oh, why even bother saying it? -_-;
- August 29: I sent in Different This Time? and What Am I?. Back to waiting and hoping.
- September 6: Dear Your friendly neighborhood menace to society,
Thank you for submitting to the Neopian Times. Currently your submission (What Am I?) is being held over and may be considered for future publication in the Neopian Times. There is no need to submit your submission again, as it is saved by the editor.
YES!!! Finally, for the first time in 25 weeks (or more like 33, if you measure it starting from the last time I got a positive Neomail), there is hope!
- September 17: YAHAA! VICTORYYY! What Am I? is going to be published! *Pumps fist* WHOOT! Goodbye, losing streak!
- November 13: What Am I? is over, so now I'm heading back to the sending board. I sent Different This Time? in, and am waiting for TNT's reply.
- November 19: Different This Time? got rejected.
- November 20: I sent in Just For A Moment, and am waiting for a reply.
- November 30: Just For A Moment got rejected for real-life references, and I have no idea what part of the story they were talking about. Back to the editing board...
- December 2: I sent Different This Time? in, and am hoping for a good reply.
- December 10: After a great deal of ado, Different This Time? has been, as usual, rejected.
- December 14: Another day, another rather low-enthusiasm send-in. Given the number of stories I've had published in the past almost-year (namely one), my hopes for Different This Time aren't very high.
- December 24: YES! Finally, persistence (with or without enthusiasm) pays off again! Different This Time is being held over! :D
- January 14: Around nine months after it was first written, 43 weeks after my last Tenultra story ended, Different This Time has finally been accepted! *Happy dance*
- February 1: I'm not going to be sending anything in for a couple weeks, because most of my stuff needs editing, and I'm trying to get a book written before I head off on vacation. I should have time to do my editing and sending in after that, though.
- March 14: Whoo, finally got around to sending something in.
- March 19: Yay, one of my stories got held over! *Hopeful*
- March 26: Who I Am, Who I Will Be will be appearing in the next NT issue! *Happy*
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office.
All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions