My Account Explore News Community Shops NC Mall credit
Welcome The Giving Guild was founded by Taylor, taytayterrorface, on May 6, 2012.
The Giving Guild now has 45 members (some of which are side accounts). We are a themeless and private guild. We have become mainly chat-based, but we do have activities for people to participate in if they decide to. The members are semi-literate. There is not an age requirement for The Giving Guild. There is a wide variety of ages, ranging from 10 to over 30.
I. shadowbear15 - Leader
II. kittycatcora1 - Co-Leader
III. hhs_drummer16 - Co-Leader
IV. november_bison - Co-Leader
V. special_agent_katie - Guild Council Aide
I. OPEN POSITION - Graphics
II. november_bison and hhs_drummer16 - Activities
III. faerie_reeses_pet - Adoptions
IV. joex17 - Co-Adoptions
V. jasminerosee - Board Monitor
Happenings The Giving Guild provides activities for guild members. However, they are not mandatory. It is your decision how involved you become in The Giving Guild.
Here is an overview of what The Giving Guild provides:
- Optional, Bi-Weekly Activities
- 1NP auctions
- Member of the Week
- Guild Wishing Well
- Guild polls that are updated once a week
- Adoption Agency
- Avatar Lending Program
Guild Rules While The Giving Guild is mainly a Neopets-related guild, you are free to talk about whatever you want on the guild's messages board. However, we do have some things for you to keep in mind:
- Be respectful - The Giving Guild encourages maturity and appropriate behavior. The guild council does not put up with bullying in real life, and we will not put up with it online. We have a Board Monitor, and others keep any eye out on the board, as well. We have a three-strike policy. In other words, you will receive two warnings. If you are caught a third time, you will be blocked from the guild.
In regards to the one neopoint auctions, there is no guarantee that you will win an auction. Members continuously bid. All members want to be able to participate and win; however, no one member deserves to win more than another member. Furthermore, asking other members if they will let you win is unacceptable. It makes members uncomfortable because, as stated before, they want to win the item as much as you do. Be courteous and mindful of your fellow guild members!
- Don't spam -Please do not spam our messages board.
Generally speaking, internet spam refers to bulk content shared indiscriminately via email, message boards or other contact tools. While this is still considered "spam" to us at The Giving Guild, there are other categories of spam that we would like to include.
The definition of "spam" as it applies to The Giving Guild messages board:
1. Intentionally posting repeated identical messages
2. Intentionally posting meaningless or nonsensical posts which disrupt the flow of conversation
3. Posting several irrelevant messages for the sole purpose of achieving a higher rank
Spam is not acceptable in the eyes of The Giving Guild. If you are seen posting spam messages, as defined above, you will be warned. Here is how the warning system for spam will work:
- First Warning - You will receive a 24-hour suspension.
Second Warning - You will receive a 24-hour suspension.
Third Warning - You will receive a week-long suspension.
If you are caught a fourth time - You will be blocked from the guild.
If you have any questions, concerns, or thoughts on "spam," please feel free to reach out to a council member.
- Donations are not required - The Giving Guild focuses strongly on donation, whether you are donating to guild funds or donating to other members for their personal goals. However, unlike many guilds, The Giving Guild does not have donations as a requirement!
- Post once a month - As many of us do have lives outside of Neopets, we don't require too much activity from our members. However, we do ask that you spare a little bit of time to post on the messages board once a month.
- Enjoy yourself - We want you to be happy in The Giving Guild. If you are unhappy, please NeoMail a guild council member. We want to be a family. A guild is where you will spend a lot of your time on Neopets. We want you to feel safe and comfortable!
Why Are My Posts Getting Deleted?
Recently, there have been concerns among members of The Giving Guild regarding message deletion. When a message or group of messages are deleted from the messages board, the person who posted them will be notified via NeoMail by a council member. The NeoMail will include the reason why the messages are being removed.
To clear this up, here are all of the reasons why a message may be deleted from the message boards:
- Bullying - Messages that are thought to be bullying will be deleted from the messages board as soon as they are seen by or reported to a council member. Bullying includes taunting, insulting or harassing another member.
- Off-Limits Topics - If a message board post contains off-limits topics (as defined by TNT), it will be deleted. Not only does this keep the messages board a friendly place, but it can also help the member who posted the message avoid having their account temporarily or permanently frozen by TNT.
- Spam - Under the rules section, you can find a lengthy definition of what we consider "spam." Messages board posts considered to be spam, such as double-posting or nonsensical posts, will be deleted.
- Highly Negative Venting - This is the kind of message which draws the greatest reaction when it is deleted. The best way to describe why these messages are deleted is to use the metaphor of a big group dinner attended by the entire guild. The messages board is the dinner table, where as your NeoMail is a quiet corner away from the group. Even if a dinner guest is entirely justified with being upset, bringing it up in front of the entire table can contribute to an uncomfortable atmosphere. It is best to deal with your problems with the hosts or one-on-one with the person making you upset. Applying this metaphor to The Giving Guild: If something is troubling you about the guild in general, or another member specifically, it is best to deal with the problem privately via NeoMail. The council encourages you to reach out to us when you have concerns, questions or comments about guild policy, practices or the behavior of other members. This is not to say every single post on the message board has to be upbeat, happy, and optimistic. We are just trying to keep unnecessary drama from spreading and growing.
Guild Ranking The Giving Guild's ranking is based on how active members are on the messages board.
The Giving Guild has updated its member ranking!
The new rankings are named after Neopian Faeries who are symbols of the giving spirit The Giving Guild stands for. Here are the new ranking titles and what they mean to us here at The Giving Guild:
5. The Earth Faerie:
Illusen and her fellow Earth Faeries are known for collecting items and granting powers to few lucky Neopians. Their generosity is precious as it often goes unseen or unnoticed.
New members of The Giving Guild who have not yet posted on our message board are given the rank of Earth Faerie. Once we know them, their unique gifts will surely be appreciated.
4. The Light Faerie:
Light Faeries watch us from the clouds far above Neopia. When they see a special Neopian doing good and making the world a better place, they can grant blessings and restoration.
Members with between 1 and 49 posts are ranked as a Light Faerie. We hear from them from time to time, and we are very happy about it when we do.
3. The Air Faerie:
The Air Faeries of Neopia are a whimsical and lively presence on Neopia. They are generous in spirit and in the blessings it gives. Air is all around us, and the spheres of air controlled by these Faeries grant special gifts to many lucky Neopians.
The Giving Guild gives the rank of Air Faerie to members who have posted between 50 and 199 messages. We know these members are here with us, floating by and making us smile.
Benefit: If you also have been a member for more than one month, you are now able to participate in the one neopoint auctions! In order to do this, please NeoMail shadowbear15. letting her know you are eligible to participate!
2. The Water Faerie:
The second most giving Faerie of Neopia, the Water Faerie heals our pets when they are hurt, sick or weak. Always there for us at The Healing Springs, the Water Faerie shares her restorative magic to those who need it.
Members of The Giving Guild with between 200 and 999 posts are ranked as Water Faeries. Dependable and true, these members are important voices in our community.
1. The Soup Faerie:
A symbol of genuine and selfless generosity in Neopia, the Soup Faerie gives all of her time and resources to helping those in need. The Soup Faerie runs the Soup Kitchen, providing aid to the poor and the hungry. She is the perfect example of what The Giving Guild strives to embody.
The illustrious rank of Soup Faerie is awarded to members of The Giving Guild with 1,000 posts or more. These members are devoted and dedicated to the growth and strength of our generous and loving guild-family.
Thoughts from Members
dollsqueen: Well, what can I say? I was searching for a guild that I could call home, somewhere where I could help with adoptions, and generally help people find their goals on Neopets. A lot of other guilds just spammed me with guild ads, but shadowbear15 sent me a neomail basically saying "This is my guild, we'd like someone to help with adoptions, it's cool if this guild isn't for you". I spent a while deliberating over which guild to pick - It's a big decision! - but I am so glad I picked this one. I got full run of adoptions, which I wasn't expecting, and now I can help everyone reach their goals! Everyone is so friendly in the guild, and everyone is willing to help anyone. That's all I ever wanted out of a guild! I have to thank Addie for finding me, because she's really given me a home on this website.
If you would like to make a testimony about The Giving Guild, please NeoMail shadowbear15. Thank you!