Viva la Revolution!
Attention all applicants! We have stopped mailing everyone replies; only applicants who were accepted have been contacted at this time. Please do not mail us asking if your application was processed; ALL applications from the March session have now been finished!
There was once a period on Neopets where the majority of the members used the site as a creative outlet. Pets were given extensive pages, stories and personalities of their own, and drawn. Over the years, the group of Neopians giving their pets unique characters has diminished... we have been reduced to a tiny minority and nearly forgotten about.
...but we are still here.
If you are one of the few who still enjoys melding your shapeless green uni into a fully-fleshed and unique character, we implore you to join the REVOLUTION. Originally founded by Caitlin (caitdango) and Gobi (gobigobu), Revolution aims to bring Neopia back to the times of that blissful creative outpouring. Whether you are an artist, writer, application addict, profile designer, or just plain love customizing your pets to make them unique you can find a home and solace here. So long as your goal is to bring life to pixels, we are your guild through and through.
General rules:- Abide by all Neopets' terms and conditions.
- Treat others with respect.
- Don't spam the message boards/forum
- No begging.
- Theft of any sort will not be tolerated.
Age restrictions:- We require that applicants be at least 18 years old.
Activity Policy:As a guild dedicated to maintaining a creative community among our members, it should be no surprise that activity is highly important to us. That's not to say that real life can't take the reigns for a while, but disappearing for long periods of time without any sort of warning or explanation leaves you at risk for being cleared from the guild.
- If at least an introduction hasn't been posted within the first week or two of joining, you will be kicked without warning.
- For current members: If you foresee yourself having a lapse in activity, please mail Owlbear and let us know about how long you'll be MIA for! This will protect you from any member purges that occur during this time, and save the council a lot of grief when we're scrambling to figure out where our members have gone.
Now that you've been officially debriefed on our goals and expectations, you're probably wondering what exactly it is you can do in the Revolution. Our primary focus as a guild is the completion of varying missions which improve the state of our characters and spread our mission statement to the far corners of Neopia. Missions can be set by the council or submitted by varying members and usually consist of a writing or artistic activity. Participating members will be compensated for the time and efforts of course; read on to the Medals section to learn about how. On rare occasions, we will host unique missions that involve all sorts of exciting guild-related tasks. Taking part in missions is a BIG part of being a member of Revolution, so make sure you participate as often as you can!
Mission postings and more general information about how they are run are posted on the Bulletin Board and updated routinely. Check back soon.
No good deed goes without reward, and similarly our missions come with a variety of 'medals' to honor your achievements in Revolution. There are five basic medal types which you can earn, and each type has three ascending levels: bronze, silver, and gold. There is also rumor of a rare 'diamond' medal that is awarded by Revolution's top tier for outstanding feats in each category... but whether or not that's true, you'll simply have to find out.
Medal TypesThe Noble Heart is a medal awarded for significant contribution to the guild. Members may receive the Noble Heart by assisting their guildmates in character design or creation, setting up missions, or helping with the creation and maintenance of our various events.
The Muse's Quill is a medal awarded to our talented writers. Members can earn the Steel Quill by submitting entries to writing type missions or for taking part in extended, quality roleplays on the forums.
The Muse's Brush is a medal awarded to our talented artists. Members can earn this medal by submitting entries to art-related missions or for completed pieces of their own characters or the characters of others.
The Shield of Jeran is a medal awarded for loyalty. Members may receive the Shield by actively posting and interacting with the community, and by frequently taking part in guild missions.
The Key to Victory is our highest available medal. It is awarded at random by the council when we see characters of excellence or when our members go above and beyond to assist the guild.
In addition, we have one special medal rewarded to the Recruit of the Month on the first of each month. This medal is only available in gold.
Cadet ? Sergeant = 3 Trophy Points
Sergeant ? Captain = 9 Trophy Points
Captain ? Colonel = 18 Trophy Points
Colonel ? Commander = 30 Trophy Points
DogtagsSo how do we spread the word about our cause? Each soldier in the Revolution will wear a set of customizeable dog tags that should ALWAYS link back to this petpage. The very basic tags will be earned by each member who proves their loyalty to our cause either by reaching their first 50 posts or by earning their first medal. The dog tags system serves as both a recruitment method and an incentive for you to be as active as possible! The more customized your dog-tag, the more you've done for your guild and comrades!
You can't just go customizing them willy-nilly however you please, though... the following edits will be awarded for their cooresponding rank-increases (see guild rankings above):
-CADET: Basic tag, no edits. Name & user rank.
-SERGEANT: Tag base-color edit. Please provide a hex color or reference for your desired color.
-CAPTAIN: Tag engraved-symbol edit. Please mail a SIMPLE design and/or reference and the flat color/s you want for it. Symbols must be approved.
-COLONEL: Tag charm-edit. Please mail a charm design and/or reference you want to hang from your tag-chain. Charms must be approved.
- COMMANDER: Custom title/quote edit. Please mail a desired additional line of text, be it a custom title or a SMALL line of text you'd like to be added.
-ADDITIONAL EDITS: These will be awarded at the council's discretion for long-time dedication to the guild. What will or will not be permitted for these will be decided on a case by case basis. Please do NOT inquire as to your eligibility for additional edits. We'll mail YOU!
For the standard rank-ups, it will be your responsibility to note your promotion and contact Caitlin (owlbear) with your new rank & desired edits!
Applications Last Processed On:04/01/2013
Notes about Applications
- We do not accept applications from users under the age of 18. This has changed from our previous policy: we are very sorry to anyone that is upset by the increase!
- The NUMBER one thing we look at in your application is your character example. Show us your best work here and the pet you've put the most effort into.
- We then proceed to examine your accounts for signs of activity. We judge our applicants not so much on pure talent but on how much effort they have exerted. Written content, finished profiles, started pages, and designs all contribute to this.
- Our final stage of evaluation is based on your personality & behavior. We love fun, creative people who enjoy Neopets as much as we do. We do NOT love users who create or frequently engage in drama, trolling, or flaming of any kind. It is very important to us that our memberbase are respectful, pleasant people both in and outside the guild.
- Please keep applications concise. There's really no reason to write us mini essays! Also, we'd prefer you only include the information we request for our ease in rating. Additional content on the application (layouts, art, etc) will not be evaluated.
- Ready to apply? Click here!
You must have AT LEAST read through our Rules & Recruitment sections on this page before mailing!
Please fill out the following form and place it on a blank petpage. Then direct a neomail to warhare or owlbear with nothing but a link in the message and "Revolution Application" in the subject line. That's it! We are no longer responding to all applications so if you haven't heard back by the process date, we thank you for your interest and encourage you to try again next time.
The number one reason we see under the 'why do you want to join' section of our application is "I want to be around people with the same Neo hobbies." Revolution was founded with the objective of increasing the amount of creativity on site, but we have never and will never be able to carry that goal alone. That's why we absolutely love to see other guilds and projects started to perpetuate the idea of Neopian character design. Revolution isn't the best fit for everyone, so be sure to check these guys out as well! If you own another guild or creative project and would like to be an affiliate, neomail gobigobu!
Guildsmail gobigobu to be added here!
Creative Projects/Groupsmail gobigobu to be added here!