Here you will find our rules, activities, lending lists, and information on how you can move up ranks. Please take some time to thoroughly read the webbie and drop Rainer or any of our council members a line if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
3. We prefer that you join on your main account. You may join on a side if your main is or was once (very actively involved) in the guild. Exceptions to this rule may occur and will be determined by a council member; however, they will be rare. Your main must meet all of the requirements (rare exception may be made).4. Although many of us are avid restockers, the guild board is not the place to conduct business. Do not solicit your shop, trades, or auctions on the guild board. 5. Please remember to respect what other members have worked so hard to achieve while playing Neopets! Just because they have certain items in their galleries that can generate avatars or are great weapons, please do not badger them about being lent those items.
Reminder concerning the Pound: No one is required by any means to lend a pet and they can lend their pets to whomever they wish. Members are not allowed to ask repeatedly, beg, or by any other means harass people to get lent. These special pets are created and painted by people who have taken the time and energy to create them: therefore, they have express rights to be as specific or picky as they wish.
6. Please do not post more than five times in a row on the guild board. The 6th, 7th, and subsequent posts will be deleted and you will be warned, as this is considered spamming. If there are members who constantly break this rule, please contact one of the council members and we will take the appropriate measures. **Exceptions--You can post more than five times in a row on Key Quest Festival Days while sharing your game results and Rainer can post with important information or updates.**
7. While we do understand that people sometimes leave the guild, there are several guidelines that should be followed. Chronic leaving of the guild will result in a permanent ban. Leaving once to explore other guilds is acceptable; however, anything more than this will rarely be tolerated. Please do not make your departure a spectacle. NeoMail those you want to keep in touch with: do not post your goodbyes on the board.
8. New members who are under the requirements for the guild will not be permitted to move higher in rank than Baron until they fully meet the requirements. In other words, if you join the guild with 245 avatars, 10 trophies, or 170 games played, even if you have over 1000 posts, you will not be promoted to Feudal Lord unless you reach the 250 avatars, 12 trophies, and 180 games played requirements. Exceptions may be made at the council's discretion.
9. During 2010 and 2011, many accounts were disabled for the protection of players. For those members not having their accounts returned, they may be allowed to join on a new account or converted side at the council's discretion. They may also be returned to their previous rank. These situations will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
One day, Kenny had an idea. Surely it would make more sense to merge his two loves, and his two guilds, together? Thus, Camelot was born on October 10, 2007. All former members of the Avatarium and the Dark Brotherhood were invited to join and the man known as "Kenny" was now King Kenny, leader of Camelot. With the exception of a small handful of members who wished to be in avatar or Battledome specific guilds, the vast majority of members from both guilds stayed in Camelot, which was essentially a dual avatar-BD guild.
A group of people from completely different walks of Neopian life-- from serious avatar collectors with no battling experience to novice collectors with jaw-dropping Battledome records-- were all housed peacefully in Camelot. Avatar collectors now participated in Camelot's wars, and Battledomers began branching out into serious avatar collecting. Instead of being in a guild with members of very similar Neopian backgrounds, Camelot had such a diverse group of people, that its members learned more and more about other aspects of Neopian life that they had never known before.
Despite the success of Camelot, the years of actively taking care of two guilds and seeing them merge into one had taken a toll on Kenny. One day, King Kenny decided that it was time to hang up his scepter and retire from Camelot and from Neopets. He handed the reins over to other Council members and ultimately Caylan began to look after his kingdom and make sure that it maintained its camaraderie and success.
Queen Caylan led Camelot for almost two years; however, things have certainly changed since its creation. In June of 2008, Caylan and the rest of the council decided that it was time to declassify Camelot as an avatar-Battledome guild. Although a large percentage of its citizens today are still avid battlers, many found it difficult to participate in wars and other guild Battledome events due to time commitments. It was certainly a difficult decision for the council to make; however, it remains very open to members of all walks of life. Battlers, restockers, Kadoatie feeders, and graphic designers have all found a home, and a family, in Camelot.
In August of 2010, Caylan stepped away from the throne to concentrate on work. Rainer, Camelot's wise, old Merlin, stepped up to lead Camelot with her rainercamelot side. She is fully qualified with her rainerbug main and is so dedicated to Camelot that she has all five of her accounts in the guild (the other three being rainerduck, rainer1956, and rainerjedi).
The tale of Camelot is unfinished; after all, how can the works of group of people so imaginative, driven, and talented have a final chapter?
Next two Key Quest Festivals: Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 15.
Second Annual Camelot Cammies Winners!
-Role playing games
-1-Player Battledome challenges
-Scavenger hunts around the site
-Font/art spotlights where your work can be featured on the webbie!
Member of the Month for April 2013: Jade (jadequeen35--main, jadianne)--Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for March 2013: Rainer (rainerbug, rainercamelot, rainerduck, rainer1956, rainerjedi)--Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for February 2013: Zoe (slipperyghost)--Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for January 2013: Tj (gamemaster32792)--Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for December 2012: Kelsey (kelpey, old main was kelseydwenger)--Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for November 2012: Mandy (melowe)-- Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for October 2012: Missy (mizz_meanie)-- Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for September 2012: Nikki (littlebaaba)-- Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for August 2012: Bob (jetsamboy16)-- Spotlight Page
Co-Members of the Month for July 2012: Rei (bonniemsalvatore) and Alley (alleycats383)-- Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for June 2012: Jess (fwuffywhitecloud, supermodel)-- Spotlight Page
Member of the Month for May 2012: Phill (jkuiop544)--Spotlight Page
Title: Camelot 250+ (put in whatever tags)
We're a friendly and helpful avatar guild that lends most items, pets, and petpets!
-4 month account
-2 LE/painted pets (exceptions made if you have one pet)
-180 games played
Guild webbie on www.neopets.com/~Rainerkoi
Post for an invite if you meet the requirements. Small exceptions may be made.
Post the guild stats. For example (do not use these same numbers, as they are inaccurate, the current ones can be found on the guild page):
Page Views: 2176668
Messages: 51474 (higher number was reset)
**Please Note** Small exceptions may be made (this information is not posted on the recruiting board):
1. The 4 month rule is an absolute must.
2. The potential member can fall short of the requirements by only ONE of the requirements. In the requirement s/he falls short of, s/he must still have:
a. 245 avatars or
b. 10 trophies or
c. 170 games played
3. If there are special circumstances, and you wish to ask for more of an exception, contact Rainer!
I'm not a Baron or Feudal Lord yet; however, I have some collateral. Can I please be lent *insert blank here*?
Guild members tend to only lend items to Barons and above. While this lending is free, it is still up to each individual member as to how or if they will lend items to people who are not yet at the rank necessary.
I see people with less posts at higher ranks than me. Since I post more, shouldn't I be promoted?
Promotions (particularly from Baron to Feudal Lord) lie with the council member who chooses to promote the person. The number of posts and activity on the guild board, while playing a part in the promotion process, does not in any way guarantee a promotion. Being helpful while active on the guild board will be noticed.
I logged into Neopets and noticed that my rank was reduced! Why?
This can be due to a number of factors, the primary ones being extreme inactivity and lack of communication with council members. When a member has not logged into Neopets, let alone posted on the guild board, for hundreds of days, we do become concerned about that member's interest in the game as a whole. When a member does log into Neo but has not posted for months on the guild board, we also become concerned that either the member is no longer interested in Camelot or has had their account compromised. We are very reluctant to demote or delete members; however, if we fail to hear back after repeated NeoMails and Guild Mailers, we will take action.
What do I do if I see members constantly breaking the guild rules (chatspeak, spamming, asking for donations)?
If you see a member repeatedly breaking the rules, please contact a council member. While we hope that people follow the guild rules even when we're not present, it's not the case sometimes, and we need help from time to time!
What exactly is chatspeak? I read the Netiquette page but I still don't get it!
Chatspeak is a particular form of typing that is characterized by run-on sentences (commas and periods are there for a reason, please use them) and shortening phrases into letters and numbers (for example: "btw," "omg," "u," and "plz"). While using chatspeak as a joke will be tolerated sparingly, we hope that you keep the guild boards a literate and mature place. If someone needs to take a few minutes rereading your post, trying to figure out what you just wrote, this is a problem. If a council member finds that someone uses chatspeak incessantly, s/he will receive anything from a warning to a permanent ban.
I'm so close to getting my goal of *fill in the blank*! Can I ask members for small donations/loans, or advertise my donation shop in my signature?
While we understand that goals you're close to are tantalizing (we've all been there before), please do not beg guild members for donations. Under no circumstances should you go around soliciting guild members for their hard-earned Neopoints or items. Anyone found to be harassing members for donations will be promptly removed from the guild.
You may advertise your donation shops in your signature, as long as you don't shamelessly draw attention to it ("*pokes siggy* Donations anyone?" in all of your posts is an absolute no-no). If there are very special circumstances to your needing to borrow some NP/items and you are a Baron or above, contact a council member and there may be a small exception made to this rule, though this is not guaranteed.
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions