Brutal is a guild created on February 17th, 2013. In April, the original creator left and Brutal was given new ownership, an owner who is still the owner today!
We mainly focus on account improvement and goals. No matter what kind of neopian goals you focus on, our guild structure ensures that you will fit in! Although we all have a broad spectrum of interests - we all focus on helping each other complete these goals and giving advice all while building long-lasting friendships.
Q: So, how do I know Brutal is for me?
Are you a fan of improving your pets? NC? Avatar Hunting? Collecting? Stamps? Trophies? Chatting? Completing Goals? Drawing? Laughing? Galleries? Graphic Making? Friendly Competitions? Kadding? Account Improvement? Restocking?
^ If you answered yes to /any/ of those or have an interest in becoming a fan of any of those you're at the right place!
Brutal will build a comfortable foundation for one another to help each other in any way we can. As a group, we will strive to help each other with achieving dream pets, complete account goals, give advice on customization, paint jobs etc all while having fun and building friendships.
We strive to be an active, updated guild and in turn we expect our members to be active and involved in what we have to offer. We understand that people have jobs, school and family, we do not expect you to live on the boards. We would like to see you on a regular basis, though! We have a member cap of 70.
You can neomail our council: Amanda
should you have any questions or like to request an invite.
- A close-knit (but very inviting), mature, drama-free environment with tons of members willing to offer a helping hand! Overall, we're here to offer you friendship and support. Check our compliment corner to see the level of comfort our members share with one another.
- An updated guild with, new members every so often as well as an extremely active chat board.
- A family-like atmosphere where you can talk about things that involve both your online and offline life.
- Activities and jobs for those who are interested in getting involved in the guild in ways other than chatting!
- Guild stamps to bedazzle your member profile, which can show off not only your guild achievements, but other achievements and interests as well!
Variety! We welcome many different types of neopians who have many different interests.
Our Requirements & How to Join:
Brutal is no longer a block
guild! We are now simply a pet AND
account improvement guild (with a twist
), which means we welcome many types of neopians who are looking into improving a certain aspect of their account or well-rounding their account overall. Our mandatory entry requirements are the following:
- Main account
- 200 avatars & an interest in adding to your count
- 2 month old account
- At least one permanent pet who you're interested in improving with either and/or all of the following: trophies, stats, customization, a paintjob, petpet, character, p3, jobs completed
Recommended: ~50-75 stamps (use this guide~ costing around 50k) & an interest in adding to your album
Recommended: An interest in earning trophies to spruce up your account.
Brutal offers exceptions to ten people per month. Here is the catch, if you are granted an exception, no matter how big or small the exception may be, you must meet guild requirements one month after joining (200 avatars & permanent pet). We promise to help you reach these requirements, and get you far past your goals. Also, to help you create and reach any goals you may have in the future! :3
Wait, what does 'Recommended' mean? Brutal is an improvement guild and although we cannot force you to improve your account, you really will not benefit from joining solely to chat. Yes, our chat boards are always active, but many of our events and activities are reared towards our guild theme.
If you can accept our entry requirements, click here to mail our leader for an invite.
You can also mail: Kayla, Nela, Chrys or Lisa!
April Exception Spots Open: 10/10
We ask the following:
- Be semi-literate. Some chat speak is fine as long as you're not constantly doing it!
- Be mature and respectful. No drama, scamming, spamming or harassment. Any of these will result in you being deleted from the guild.
Meet the Council:
Amanda (Leader + various pages/events)
Hi guys! My name is Amanda. I'm nineteen years old and from Canada. I've owned one guild previous to Brutal called Haven - and I can tell you that it isn't just the leader that makes the guild what it is, it's the people inside of it. Brutal has been an awesome experience for me so far, and I can't wait to see what else it has to offer! I'm a very friendly and approachable person who loves to chat, so don't ever hesitate to send me a mail!
Hello, Brutes & potential Brutes! My name is Lizz (of the two-z variety). I'm a 20-year-old Texan who watches too much television (I'm always up for a TV chat!) Brutal is the most chatty, friendly, helpful, interactive guild I've been in since probably 2008. They welcomed me as one of their own and made me feel at home in no time. The people here become more than just someone you know on Neopets. They become a sort of family. I hope that we can become that for you, too! If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to Neomail me!
Nela (Member Captain & Compliment Corner)
Hey there, I'm Nela, the newest addition to the guild council. I run one of my favourite parts of the guild, the compliment corner! I also run the guild portfolio directory. On neo, I like to customize my pets, lurk the boards, and can usually be found on the guild boards chatting. I have just started collecting avatars, and really want to cross some game avatars off my list! Off neo, I spend my time with my family and friends, and when I have the time I love to read! I am a second year university student, studying accounting, and I enjoy it so much! I am usually on late at night, when most others are asleep, thanks to the huge time difference (I live in Germany). Brutal is honestly the best guild I have ever been in, everyone is just so awesome and friendly, and I don't ever plan on leaving. Feel free to neomail me with any questions or if you just want to chat!
Kayla (Brutalopoly, Hide n' Eat, FCS & Wheel of Pickleness)
Hi there, I'm Kayla and I'm a recent addition to Brutal. Since joining I've felt a sense of community you can't really get just anywhere. As far as guild stuff goes, I love to chat and try and come up with new activities, so if you ever want to do something or collaborate, feel free to mail me. Outside of neo, I work full time and am a music loving fanatic! I hope to see you around the guild. If you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to mail me.
Greetings, fellow Brutes and potential guildies - I'm Chrys, and like our wonderful queen-I-mean-leader, I'm also from the Great White North (aka, Canada)! I love stories of all kinds, my pets and potatoes, among a variety of other things. I'm a 3rd year undergrad studying English and Classical Studies, and it's great. In Brutal, I love to help out my fellow guildies and anything that I can do to make the guild run smoothly is worth it when I see how happy the members are. Brutal is an amazing family and I'm proud to be a part of it! *shares cookies* :3
Hello, my name's Nina and I'm currently 18 years old. I'm from California but I go to New York for school. I spent a lot of my time on neo talking to my friends and making things in Photoshop. I stay up way later than I should and I love to watch TV shows and old movies when I have the time. I want to say that Brutal is really a home and not just a guild. I've been in other guilds before and I left because there was so sense of community and no bond between the members. Brutal works really hard to foster a positive environment for all of its members and I've met some amazing people in this guild.
These Brutes would rather be seen and not heard: Elise, Moose, Stef, & Chris.
Layout & Stats:
Layout by Sixthe
As of: March 31, 2014
Rules within the walls:
- We do not have a guild shop. You are not obligated to donate items or neopoints to our till or our gallery - do this at your own discretion! This being said, you are not obligated to participate in the trades or auctions either. I repeat, participation in guild trades/auctions is not mandatory.
- No spamming the board with CC, BC or shop advertisements. Yes, we are here to support you - but mentioning it multiple times a day can get irritating.
- No drama, scamming, spamming or harassment. Any of these will result in you being deleted from the guild.
- Do not bring up any personal issues/history with members on the board. If you have an issue with something in the guild (including other members), please message piinkskullz and it will be dealt with anonymously!
- Members are of course allowed to go on hiatus without being removed from the guild (see this section) but if they are found to be taking advantage of our leniency by showing up and posting once a week and making no effort anywhere else in the guild, we reserve the right to remove you to make room for a new member.
Council is not set in stone. If you decide to stop helping the guild function properly, a new, better fit council member will be chosen! Brutal ensures council will be top notch at all times, any slackers are replaced or are expected to step down.
- Amanda is ALWAYS up for suggestions, please feel free to mail me at any time. This being said, the suggestion will be discussed with you (and other council). Please keep in mind that we may not be able to get it up and running right away for whatever reason - but that does not mean it is off the table (unless stated otherwise!)
- If you are a page host and want to leave the guild, please have the decency to give us a heads up so we can take the coding before you leave?
- Guild members will be allowed to stay in the guild while on hiatus. You will be allowed a maximum two months away from the guild without contact. Only members with the rank Novice Lancer+ get this perk.
LACK OF PORTFOLIO.
- Having a portfolio is one of the rules of being a member of Brutal. If your portfolio is removed, you will be ranked down to Untrained Scout and will have two weeks to have a new one back up. That is plenty of time!
2-Week Posting Date.
- From the moment the join, each member has approximately two weeks to get a portfolio up and post 100 times. It isn't hard, our guild is extremely active, and due to our member cap, it is a way to ensure our members are active.
Join & Poof.
- Do not join our guild and disappear! We don't bite, I promise! You must post at least 10 times within 5 days of joining, otherwise, we have to remove you to make room for members who will abide by our activity rules.
Exceptions Who Do Not Meet Joining Requirements Within A Month
- Exceptions are allowed to join Brutal under any circumstances, but if you're a newbie with 0 avatars and 0 stamps, you have one month to get to 200 avatars. Exceptions are not excepted. You knew the situation when you joined, sorry!
Jobs Within The Guild:
Taking on a job would be a great way to integrate yourself into our team. It is a great way to show that you're responsible as well as reliable. You will be given stamps for each job you take on! Their names will not be listed, but they can still collect stamps.
Council is appointed by Amanda (piinkskullz), and each council member has specific duties. These jobs will be described on our upcoming member guide! Council is available to anyone. Council is granted all the admin.
Sub-Council, or "Grand Commanders" in Brutal are exemplary members who are important members of the team. The sub-council is ever-changing and is available to anyone. SC is appointed by Amanda.
Coming Soon - Clan Captain:
Clan Captains will host our clan pages. They will create new improvement-based (either pet or account) activities/challenges for their clan to complete each month. They will have a co-captain who will help them create challenges. See this page for details!
People who take care of the board are given board admin. They are to delete spam, accidental double posts as well as any drama that may occur!
Host at least one guild page and update it at least on a semi-regular basis :)
You are also responsible for promoting your page. This means either writing something about it for BB or sending out mailers to keep people interested.You will automatically get MAILER ADMIN when you become a page host, so if you choose to use that to promote your page, then go ahead :)
See our pages listed here!
Member Monitor (appointed by piinkskullz or pinkpuppies):
Help the Member Captain (MC) message members who have been inactive, as well as members who have been in the guild for two weeks and have not achieved 100 posts and handed in their portfolio. Also, help rank members up when necessary as well!
Be available to make graphics for the guild - either custom ones, or ones for pages! Also assist with coding if need be. You will be listed on this page :)
Although anyone is allowed to do this, it is your duty to make us aware of upcoming seasonal avatars, member birthdays, turmy times, snowager, and other similar events!
.. Of the Month
To be featured as an "of the month" is an awesome privilege! You have stood out to the council and therefore have been chosen to be rewarded (Brutal style!) Congrats!
Member of the Month (MOTM) is given to an active member who has been helpful, friendly and maybe even generous towards other members. This member is generally well-liked. As a reward for MOTM, you will be given pretty much full admin for the month as well as you will be able to collect the MOTM stamp. Congrats! Also, Heero (Heerokusukudo) will be granting any MOTM an art request! Mail her for information!
Pet of the Month (POTM) is given to a pet that is taken care of and well-rounded overall. This means having a paint job, customization and maybe even a petpet. If you spend time drawing, training or reading to your pet, s/he may be eligible too! You will get a stamp for winning POTM and your pet will be showcased on the guild home page.
Portfolio of the Month (PortOTM) is given to a member who has put a lot of time into their portfolio. Whether it be adding a variety of information, organizing, adding graphics - as long as it's noticeable that you have put a lot of effort into creating AND updating your portfolio, you will be eligible! You will get a stamp for winning PortOTM and your portfolio will be highlighted on both the member database and the guild home page.
Gallery of the Month (GOTM) is given to a member who has put lots of time, effort and neopoints (or money!) into creating a themed gallery. Council will take a gander at members' accounts and decide who deserves this. You will get a stamp for winning GOTM and your gallery will be showcased on the guild home page.
Our Ranking System:
Ranking up in Brutal is not based on length of time in the guild. In our guild, it is based on posts (mingling) and stamps (participation). We have a graphic-reward system
for both stamps and ranking up help encourage both actions!
- This will be your rank when first joining the guild. Please know that as a scout, it is your duty to introduce yourselves to members and to start your portfolio. You can see all our member ports here
and can find some premade port pages here!
You need a portfolio to hold your stamps,
as stamps are needed to rank up further. Please see the portal for the following links:
Join a Clan!
- Submit activities & FCS to Kayla!
- Check out our monthly activity and get involved!
- Submit some compliments to the Compliment Corner!
- Add your avatars & pets/items you can lend to our avatar page
- Congrats on your first rank-up! To get to this rank, you needed 100 posts on the guild board and your portfolio completed.
- Your name is now added to the Compliment Corner!
- Add your wishes to make a wish!
- You are now eligible for a tier one graphic!
- You can now have your member stamp made!
- Make sure to have sent a NF request to mandarofl for 1np auctions!
- To get here, you need at least 25 stamps and 450 posts on the guild board. Great Job! You're definitely an active member in Brutal by this point.
- You are now eligible for a tier two graphic!
- You are now eligible to become a recruiter. Let Amanda know if you'd like this admin.
- Make sure to have sent a NF request to mandarofl for 1np auctions!
- Amazing! To get here, you need at least: 50 Stamps, AND 1550 Posts on the guild board.
- Layout designed and coded by Nina for Brutal's use ONLY.
- Badge template created by Konrad Chmielewski on 365psd.
- Semi-opaque backgrounds from That Kills Me.
- Bullets from The Lunch Box.
- Background and pattern on the banner from Subtle Patterns.
- Dividers from TLB