Today's Bets! (Round #5467, April 4th, 2014)
- Yesterday: 12:10. Amusingly, this means I've just about hit neutral on total investment for April.
- Today: Four positive arenas, and I play... two? Yeah... if there were more bets I'd go for the four arena system, but the number of safeties needed was just not feasible. I went with the two safest arenas for the added flexibility and boosters. I considered three but it had similar problems.
- Gambit: Fran x Stripey x Blackbeard x Goob x Fed
Looking for something else? Try the navigation links above!
Here's where I keep screencaps of current and previous holds (winnings I keep for up to 8 days). They're usually trophy attempts, though I try to have at least one nice hold per month regardless. DO NOTE that I regularly clear these out every few months (except for the current record).
Current Winning Record:
176:70 (Collected 03/32/14)
158:60 (Collected 03/14/14)
124:70 (Collected 03/01/14)
158:70 (Collected 02/21/14)
184:80 (Collected 02/12/2014)
216:80 (Collected 01/25/14)
56:30 (Collected 01/10/14)
Here's where I keep stats of units won as well as end-of-month Neopoint profit. The yearly stats are only updated at the end of each month, but monthly stats are updated daily when possible.
Overall Units: 20:20
Overall NP: +4
Overall Units: 490:260 (1.88:1)
Overall NP: +1,280,892
Overall Units: 508:270 (1.88:1)
Overall NP: +1,348,058
Overall Units: 514:260 (1.98:1)
Overall NP: +1,480,202
Year of 2014
Overall Units: 1512:790 (1.91:1)
Overall NP: +4,109,152
Food Club can be a complex game to get into, but it can also be very profitable. How does a new player get into the game? Below are some very basic tips which may help you.
- My best recommendation is to follow other people's bets when you start out. The first person I followed was Hugo at MyFoodClubBets. He takes the time to explain his system on that page, and he turns an overall profit a lot of the time.
- My overall approach (currently, as I like to change it up) is to follow a system of priorities when placing bets:
-Standard Safeties are the biggest priority. This is generally only in a multi-arena day. It means I pair the 2:1 from one or more arenas with all non-13:1s from another arena and vice versa. I check to see if any of the 13:1s have been adjusted to their current score rather than opening as such; if so, I include those. I find those which adjust to different odds have more of a chance to upset.
-Boosters are bets incorporating USUALLY all of the 2:1s from the positive arenas with as many pirates as possible from negative arenas. I usually ignore non-adjusted 13:1s since their chances of winning are incredibly low, though things such as high FAs or an overdue upset sometimes change this.
-Double/Triple Safeties Generally have third priority. If I think multiple pirates are likely to upset, I try to incorporate bets with them. When these are predictable and accounted for, they tend to turn massive profit since both upset pirates usually have a high return value. I think they're worth covering, generally, but I try not to get too carried away with them because the game usually plays in a fairly predictable manner.
- Use DaqTools. Seriously. Look it up. It makes things a lot easier and better to organize, and generally explains a lot of the lingo I'm tossing around.
- Follow the competition board even if you're not comfortable enough to compete, yet. If you have a question about the game, ask, and someone will likely answer you. You can also find other betters to follow if you want to change betting styles.
- Know that older accounts generally turn a much higher profit than younger ones (your maximum bet amount is based on your account age), but that doesn't mean Food Club can't be a great way to earn some cash even on younger accounts. The monthly competition is based off of units won rather than NP won, to standardize it and make it fair for everyone.
- Losses can be frustrating, but if you play the game right it's very easy to rebound from them. Learn from any mistakes you make. If you're uncomfortable with betting early on, bet below your maximum until you DO feel comfortable.
- If it helps you or motivates you, record your wins and losses. I do that and it motivates me to keep going sometimes.
Coming soon! Don't like my bets? Want to see other strategies? The links below should help you (do note that other betters vary in terms of riskiness and not all pages are updated daily). Actual links will come when I'm feeling less lazy.