Hungry Skeith Guide!
This is the first Hungry Skeith guide listed on garmfay's page, and hopefully it's better than it was! I moved it to this pet's page so that's why we're in transition. Hopefully the layout will be a bit easier to read too! I finally figured out how to make screenshots, so those will come eventually. :]
On to the guide!
About this game
Jellies come down the conveyor belt. Blue jellies go in the Blue vat. Red jellies go in the Red vat. Green jellies, yes no prizes for guessing where they go, the green vat. It's not a fun job, but somebody's got to do it.
At the Jelly Factory the Buzz Foreman takes great pride in making sure that the Jelly is of top quality, and that is where the Skeith comes in - he gets to eat all the other food (ice-cream!) that makes its way down the conveyor belt.
To play, use the arrow keys to control the Buzz Foreman. Pick up the Jellies with the Space Bar and drop them in the correct vat at the back of the factory. The Skeith is not allowed to eat the Jelly however, if he eats it, or the wrong jelly goes into the wrong container you will lose a life."
Sounds easy, huh? Well, you'd be surprised. Many people have trouble getting the avatar for this game. Well, this is where *I* come into play. See, I, Laney21neo, am a very smart Kacheek, and I will help you, guest, out!
You need 1000 points to get this avatar. Hungry Skeith is a level-by-level game. Now what does that mean? It means that with each passing level, the difficulty will increase. Here is each level and the amount of items you'll have to sort to proceed:
Level 1: 5 items
Level 2: 10 items
Level 3: 15 items
Level 4: 20 items
Level 5: 25 items
Level 6: 30 items
Level 7: 35 items
Level 8: 40 items
Level 9: 45 items
Note: The farthest I've ever gotten was Level 9, and I'm assuming nobody else has gotten to 10 either, because Level 9 moves literally lightning fast. I'm assuming it would be 50 items, but I'm not going to be mistaken.
*UPDATE*: I recieved a neomail from Top Gamer raiden638218384 confirming that level 10 goes up to 50 items. He said that he was forced to stop because the jellies kept flying to the top right corner of the screen. He thought it was a bug, and it may be fixed, so we're not entirely sure. We'll let you know soon, though!
*ANOTHER UPDATE!*: This neopet user has confirmed that raiden638218384's problem with level 10 WAS in fact a bug. Thank you star_wars_girl419 !
Also, you need to know which items to put into each vat.
Red Lobster (lol, NO COMMENT): red vat, 3 points. This will give the Skeith heartburn and he'll breath fire.
Blue Jelly: blue vat, 5 points. This will give the Skeith indigestion.
Glowing Lime Green Pie...thingy: green vat, 8 pts. Green bubbles will come out of the Skeith's mouth.
Everything else you can leave alone-the skeith will eat it.
*Note: I love this game, it gives me like 3k daily, but really, this is unrealistic. In every food guide I've ever read, it specifically states: "Skeiths can eat ANYTHING! Petpets, dubloons, etc." In this game however....*
Okay, back to business.
Basically, you move the Buzz with the arrow keys and use the spacebar to pick up and drop the items. To delay items, drop them on the conveyer belt in the back. That sounds pretty easy! How about you play a game, see how you do, and if you don't get the 1000 points, read on to the next section, "Advanced Playing".
Here's the link:
So! You're back! Not as good as you thought you were, eh? (Told you a Kacheek knows best!) Or maybe you just wanted some of my wonderful wisdom....yeah, that's it. Anyways, here are some tips to help you get the HUNGRY SKEITH AVVIE!!! (woo-hoo!)
*disclaimer-there will be some math used in here, so don't be intimidated!*
Level 1: Ok, here is where the conveyer belt moves excruiatingly slow. Remember, the speed of the game goes by level, not by points earned, so use that to your advantage. What I do in the first level, is delay all Lobsters(Reds)and Jellies(Blues), and I only put Pies (Greens) into the vats. Why you ask? Because I'm trying to maximize points, and this way, you can get 40 points (5x8) on the first level alone instead of the average 29 or so. I only recommend doing this up to level 3, because these are very slow, and you can choose. (On level 3, I sometimes use Jellies/Blues but never Lobsters/Reds.) It really depends on how good of a player you are and how fast you can move. But still, ONLY deliver Pies/Greens on Level 1. Here's some quick math to help you with points:
Level 1: 5 items x 8 points each = 40 points †
Level 2: 10 items x 8 points each = 80 points †
Level 3: 15 items x 8 points each = 120 points
All together thats: 240 points!! Wow! Just on the first 3 levels!
*I would like to thank dragonfester for correcting me on my math mistake......*
Okay, that's enough on that school of thought, here are more of my little tips and fun thins I like to do
1. Repeat after me: THERE IS NO PAUSE BUTTON. But, after you complete a level, it will say "Press Spacebar to continue" The game is paused there, so you can go rake leaves or take out the trash or whatever and then come back.
2. Do rest your hands/paws/claws/tentacles
after each game. You don't want carpal tunnel, and your hands/paws/claws/tentacles WILL hurt.
3. In the earlier levels while the conveyer belt is slow, I like to not feed the skeith at all and delay the ice creams. Hehehehehe......
4. Again, you need 1000 points to earn the avvie. So if you're on level 8 and have 993, chances are that you'll get the avvie if you deliver one Pie/Green.
5. Don't be careless! Try to save your lives until level 8 or 9 when you REALLY need them! I recommend locking your door so your parents/brothers/sisters won't come in and bug you and shutting down other windows/tabs you might have open.
*NEW* 6. I recieved a neomail from an experienced Hungry Skeith player named nightwind_292. He is on the high-score table, and has a GOLD TROPHY!! Here is what he told me:
practice in small on low quality,
then play in full screen on high
That's the final step that took me from mearly good, to having a trophy."
I strongly recommend doing this, one because it got this guy a trophy, and two because you teach your brain to play in the small low-quality setting, and it gets much easier when you're in the full-screen high quality setting. So definitely give it a shot.
Here are some more tips from Top Gamer and Hungry Skeith Master raiden638218384:
1. Concentration is greatly needed especially at levels 8 and above. The ice cream will continue going fast.
2. Shooting jellies at the vat in faster levels is a must. The fastest way is to go beside the skeith, then pick-up the jelly. If the color of the jelly is...
Red - press up once, spacebar, then down.
Blue - press up once, right once, spacebar, then down.
Green - press up once, right twice, spacebar, then down.
You'll need to press this really fast. This will take practice, but it's the quickest way to shoot a jelly down its vat and continue on with the next ones.
3. Have a good keyboard and make sure your keys work properly. It's frustrating to find out that you weren't able to shoot a jelly down the vat just because one of your keys didn't function properly.
4. I play fullscreen and low quality. A faster computer is a must because if your computer lags a lot, then it will be hard to time your moves properly.
5. In the early levels(1-3), try to score as high as you can. Shoot the green jellies into their vats while returning the blue and red to the back conveyor belt.
6. Practice! In case you get bored, play another game and then come back later. You won't do well when you're bored while playing the game. I suggest playing Attack of the Revenge to further improve your speed at pressing the buttons faster.
7. I read that you're not sure how many jellies are needed for level 10. Yes, it's 50. I reached that far, but the
jellies went flying to the top right corner so I'm forced to stop (this is a bug, but I'm not sure if it still exists).
8. Tell people to send scores lower than 1250 (that's the review) when going for the trophy in the first day of the month. 1249 is the best score for the trophy. I got my bronze at 1229 at the 2nd day the game was released.
This was all neomailed to me in 3 separate neomails on December 19, 2005. raiden638218384 is also a trophy winner for this game, so I think he knows what he's talking about!
If you are a Hungry Skeith master and have any more tips, neomail my beloved owner mintgirl469131010912 and she'll put them on my site!
1. How many points do you need to get the avatar?
You need 1000 points.
2. What was your score?
My score was 1002 (Phew! So close!) My current high score is like 1130.
3. Will you play the game for me?
Sorry but no. I won't even play it for my neofriends. I don't trust anybody online and neither should you. I might give my family members or real-life friends advice, but that's it. Sorry, but you have this guide, and I think that's pretty good!
4. I'm a Hungry Skeith master! Put my tips on here!
Sure I will if 1) you neomail them to me 2) they aren't copied from somebody else's site.
5. You're a copier!
Um, no I'm not. I wrote this guide entirely by myself with no outside help at 8:16 PM EST on December 10, 2005. If my information coincidentally is the same as somebody elses, either it's 1) Truely a coincidence 2) The information is well-known by Hungry Skeith players or 3) They copied off of me.
6. You rock! I want to link to you!
I don't know how to make buttons banners, but you can link to this pet-page!
7. Can I have your account/pets/items?
NO!!! I worked so hard to get where I am today, I will not give away or lend any pets! I don't trust pet transferring and neither should you.
Here's about me:
My age: 109284
My Maximum Hit Points: 15
My Current Hit Points: 15
My Intelligence: 39
Want to know more about my beloved owner,