I am back to neopets now, and finally got around to updating this guide. it's quite neglected in comparison to the other one LOL.
[05-09-09] started writing the guide. bear with me :)
Feel free to neomail me with any questions or comments ♥. Feedback makes me all fuzzy inside :3
Welcome to my guide to Neoquest 1. If you don't know who I am, I am Rhiannon (spybook). A while ago, I wrote a guide to beating Neoquest 2, and after popular demand, I finally got around to writing one for Neoquest 1. Neoquest 1 and Neoquest 2 are actually quite different. Again, let me first start off by saying I am an ACer. I am lazy. I don't play neopets 24/7, and I don't have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands. However, I am very very stubborn. And therefore, I have managed to beat NQ2 on all levels, and it isn't as hard as you would think. I made this guide to help people - but the first step to helping somebody is to teach them to help themselves. You are not going to beat NQ in an hour, so prepare to take a few days of playing. It's worth it. You're not going to always be the best at something, and some people need to learn that the hard way. I wrote this guide in a clear, straight-forward manor, to HELP you. But you need to PLAY for it to be HELPFUL. Be determined, ACers :(
Neoquest 1 has a bad reputation - but once you get going and know what you're doing, it's really not too bad. I hope my guide can help you get on your way to the lovely avatar & trophy :'D!!
Navigate around the guide:
My guide is organized into parts (or sections) that are related to what level you are. Every 10ish levels there is another section, totaling for 4 sections.
1. Neoquest has NOTHING to do with your pets! If your grarrl is level 100, it will not improve your chances in the game. If your pet is hungry, painted, or has a petpet, it will make NO DIFFERENCE.
2. You have 1 game per account.
3. I do not know if you can transfers games, or what will happen if you pound your pet and re-adopt. I wouldn't try it, though. TNT would NOT make the games transferrable (User A plays up to a certain point, gives game to User B), so I think if you pound/transfer your pet, your game is deleted.
4. There is one character in NQ, you.
5. When you die, you restart completely. You will once again be in Neopia Palace. This is the most frustrating thing about NQ.
6. You start off the game with 7 skill points.
7. Each time you gain a level, you gain a skill point.
8. In NQ, you have to collect different items to get 'weapon upgrades'.
9. Under level and Over level - being under level is, exactly what it sounds like. When I say 'be level 12 before you do whatever' I mean it. The farther along you go as an under level, the harder it is to get up to your proper level, the more chance you have to die, and the more frustrating the game gets. Over level is exactly what it sounds like - Being level 15 when I say be level 12. There is NOTHING wrong with this! In fact, I advise it somewhat! Makes battles easier and smoother.
10. Have FUN! Don't worry about playing the perfect game, or dying too often, or anything like that. It's JUST a game, it's here so you have FUN (:
11. Don't feel bad if you get confused or lost - trust me, I had no idea where I was going half the time I played and I must've died 20 times before I got the hang of it. Always remember: You will get better.
12. It took me a week to complete the whole thing - of course I only played for an hour or so a day. I chatted with friends most of the time while I played - which actually takes your mind of the mind numbing bits of the game ;). If you can, get a friend to play/chat with you as you play. It makes it easier.
13. If you're under leveled, wait til the next free rest spot and level up as much as possible there by hunting, and when you have low health, getting rest. In chapter 1 being under leveled isn't too bad, but once you reach chapters 2 and 3, it is crucial to NOT be under leveled. I learned this the hard way x-x.
14. Try not to flee from battle too much, I know, you're in a rush to finish the game. Make deals with yourself when traveling: 7 fights, 1 flee, for example. It adds up in the end (:
15. The maximum level for any skill is 5.
16. The maximum level for your character is 50.
17. If I didn't specifically say GO. TALK TO THIS PERSON. You don't need to. Of course you can, they tend to have interesting things to say, but it takes longer and is unnecessary, and the plot isn't the greatest anyways.
18. The NQ avatar (Wise&Powerful) is given to you towards the end of the game.
19. If you need Neoquest maps, go here.
20. Listen to music. Because it's nice. Don't play NQ2 instead of studying for that math exam.
Neoquest 1&2 boards - If you have a question, post there, or neomail me and I will do my best to answer. (:
AMAZING Sticky Board - To my knowledge the only 'sticky' thread on neopets - TNT keeps deleting the posts so others can use it and gain information. Everyone is super nice, so don't be worried to post or ask a question :D
And you can always neomail me (;
back to top
What skills should I pick? NQ1 is different from NQ2 for the fact that skills are actually a lot more important. Below I have a table showing you EXACTLY WHICH SKILLS YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR POINTS ON per level. Trust me. Follow it. :)
You should spend your first 7 skill points (you start the game with 7 skill points on:
i. Shock Weapons 1
ii. Disable 1
iii. Fortitue 1
iv. Shockwave 1
v. Life Weapons 1
vi. Field Medic 1
vii. Lifesteal 1
Here is a list of all the skills you should spend your skill points on.
|Level 1 Shock Weapons/1||Level 1 Disable/1||Level 1 Fortitude/1||Level 1 Shockwave/1|
|Level 1 Life Weapons/1||Level 1 Field Medic/1||Level 1 Lifesteal/1||Level 2 Spectral Weapons/1|
|Level 3 Evasion/1||Level 4 Absorption/1||Level 5 Reflex/1||Level 6 Shock Weapons/2|
|Level 7 Disable 2||Level 8 Fortitude/2||Level 9 Shockwave/2||Level 10 Life Weapons/2|
|Level 11 Field Medic/2||Level 12 Lifesteal/2||Level 13 Spectral Weapons/2||Level 14 Evasion/2|
|Level 15 Absorption/2||Level 16 Reflex/2||Level 17 Shockwave/3||Level 18 Life Weapons/3|
|Level 19 Disable/3||Level 20 Fortitude/3||Level 21 Shockwave/3||Level 22 Field Medic/3|
|Level 23 Lifesteal/3||Level 24 Spectral Weapons/3||Level 25 Evasion/3||Level 26 Absorption/3|
|Level 27 Reflex/3||Level 28 Shock Weapons/4||Level 29 Disable/4||Level 30 Fortitude/4|
|Level 31 Shockwave/4||Level 32 Life Weapons/4||Level 33 Field Medic/4||Level 34 Lifesteal/4|
|Level 35 Shock Weapons/5||Level 36 Disable/5||Level 37 Fortitude/5||Level 38 Shockwave/5|
|Level 39 Life Weapons/5||Level 40 Field Medic/5||Level 41 Lifesteal/5||Level 42 Shock Weapons/6|
|Level 43 Disable/6||Level 44 Fortitude/6||Level 45 Shockwave/6||Level 46 Life Weapons/6|
|Level 47 Shock Weapons/7||Level 48 Disable/7||Level 49 Fortitude/7||Level 50 Shockwave/7|
The arrow buttons are, obviously, used for moving.
Below that we have 'Options' and 'Leader Board'. Exactly what they sound like. Below THAT, you can see your location. Very handy. I was in Neopia Palace at the time I took that screenshot. And lastly, we have 'You see Eleus Batrin here. Talk to Eleus Batrin.' This is how you communicate with the other characters in the game. Lovely.
This is the bar at the top of the page. 5hoe was my active pet at the time I took this screenie. You can see my Level, Health, Experience, and what difficulty I was playing at. Below those, you have View Skills, View Items, and the type of movement. There are 3 types of movement - hunting, normal, and sneaking. Use your brain - it's obvious what they do ;)
1. Use your 7 skill points on the following:
i. Shock Weapons 1
ii. Disable 1
iii. Fortitue 1
iv. Shockwave 1
v. Life Weapons 1
vi. Field Medic 1
vii. Lifesteal 1
2. Select the White Wand, and get prepared to play!!
3. Walk around outside of Neopia Palace in Hunting mode. Fight. Do NOT use any health potions - if you need to heal go back to neopia Palace and walk onto the top left tower, and talk to Boraxis - he will heal you. Save your potions!
Level 2 - Spectral Weapons1
Level 3 - Evasion1
Level 4 - Absorption1
Level 5 - Reflex
Level 6 - Shock weapons2
4. You need to fight some Plain Lupes/Plain Aishas and collect 5 GLOWING STONES . The Lupes & Aishas are walking around close by the Palace, just wander around near by :P
5. Listen carefully - the reason for collecting the 5 glowing stones is for armor upgrades. Your first armor upgrade, you have the choice of getting 1 of 2 types of armor - an Energy shield or Cloth robes.
Energy Shield requires - 1 glowing stone, 1 small yellow gem, 1 chunk of metal.
Cloth robes require - 1 glowing stone, 1 blue thread, 1 plains lupe pelt.
Although you only need 1 gem for this upgrade, you need to collect 4 more because you will need them for future upgrades.
Once you have all 3 of the items required for your upgrade, go back to the palace and talk to Moraxis Dorangis. You will have the option of giving him some items. Give him the 3 items required to make whichever weapon you are choosing, and he will give you the weapon. Remember to go to your items and equip it!
6. It's time to head off to the dark caves! Head North-west into the Hills of Jub until you see the entrance to the cave. Enter it. (maps). There are 4 levels to the caves, and the final level is where the first boss is located.
Level 7 - Disable2
Level 8 - Fortitude2
Level 9 - Shockwave2
Level 10 - Life Weapons2
Level 11 - Field Medic2
Level 12 - Lifesteal2
7. On level 2 of the cave, the monsters will start dropping the items you need for your next armor upgrade. Before going onto level 3, check your inventory and make sure you have a few (3 or so) Tiny Beryls . You are going to be getting your first Wand upgrade soon. 8. On level 3, keep battling. You need to be at least level 9/10 before going on to level 4 of the cave. You should be at level 11/12 when you battle the first boss - Xantan.
9. Battle Xantan. He is really easy. Once you've defeated him before you leave the cave via the orb behind him MAKE SURE YOU HAVE: a SMOOTH PIECE OF GLASS and a STRETCH OF ROTTED CLOTH in your inventory!!! You need them for your next upgrades and you can ONLY get them in this cave.
10. Once you get back to Neopia Palace (there is no point in hunting on the way back - monsters give off low XP) talk to Eleus Batrin - he will give you your next upgrade! I suggest the SIlver Wand. Here are the requirements for each wand:
Silver Wand (Life) - Tiny Beryl, Aluminum Rod, Glowing Stone, Xantan's Ring
Gold Wand (Fire) - Tiny Garnet, Pyrite Rod, Glowing Stone, Xantan's Ring
Steel Wand (Ice) - Tiny Lapis, Pewter Rod, Glowing Stone, Xantan's Ring
Bronze Wand (Shock) - Tiny Amber, Copper Rod, Glowing Stone, Xantan's Ring
Iron Wand (Spectral) - Tiny Obsidian, Ore Rod, Glowing Stone, Xantan's Ring
11. After you get your new wand (& equip it!) go talk to Choras Tillie for your armor upgrade!
Mirrored Force Field requires - Smooth Piece of Glass, Lodestone, Tiny Obsidian, Glowing Stone
Magic Robe - Cave Lupe Pelt, Stretch of Rotted Cloth, Tiny Obsidian, Glowing Stone
1. You will now be heading over to the Jungle Ruins - make sure your new items are equipped. Check your inventory and make sure you have a tiny beryl and 2 glowing stones. Click Sneaking mode (monsters give up too little XP) and sneak SOUTHWARDS. When you reach the trees, go into hunting mode and then EAST to the Jungle Ruins. (maps). 2. You get your next weapon upgrade here - The Nature Wand. One of the best upgrades in the game (:
Nature wand requires: - 1 Glowing stone (you should have one left over), 1 jungle beast claw (located on level 1 of the temple), 1 noils tooth(located on level 1 of the temple), 1 jungle pauldrons (located on level 2 of the temple)& the staff of ni-ta (which you get from Gors - the next boss).
Level 13 - Spectral Weapons2
Level 14 - Evasion2
Level 15 - Absorption2
Level 16 - Reflex2
Level 17 - Shock Weapons3
Level 18 - Life Weapons3
Level 19 - Disable3
Level 20 - Fortitude3
Level 21 - Shockwave3
Level 22 - Field Medic3
Level 23 - Lifesteal3.
3. Once you reach level 16, it is time for the first boss in the Jungle Ruins - Krei. Maps. Go down to Dungeon Level 1, then walk all the way through it and through that hall way on the very right hand side into Krei's Palace. Once you defeat Krei, make sure you have 1 jungle beast claw and 1 noils tooth in your inventory before heading down the level 2.
4. This is one of the most frustrating parts of the game. After defeating Krei, get yourself to level 2 of the dungeon, then walk all the way around and into the teleport maze. Ugh. Worst part coming up. Let me explain. You want to do this in order. Using the Map,walk to the BLUE 11. You will come out where the SECOND blue 11 is on the map. Next walk to teleport 10. You'll come out at the SECOND teleport 10. Then to 8. When you appear at the 2nd blue 8, you walk to the blue 9. This will teleport you to Gor's place.
5. You should be level 22 before fighting Gors. He is TOUGH. He can deal out ridiculous damage - therefore be stacked up on potions before fighting him. After defeating Gors, you get a staff& a key. Take the teleporter behind Gors back to the stairs.
6. Go back to the base level of the Jungle ruins Map and go up the stairs to the tower, where you will find Denethir. He will give you the nature wand. Equip it! The nature wand HEALS YOU. It's amazing, honestly. xD my favourite wand without a doubt.
7. Now go all the freakin' way back down to dungeon level 3 .-.
8. The next boss is Rollay Scaleback. Hunt around until you're level 26.
Level 24 - Spectral Weapons3
Level 25 - Evasion3
Level 26 - Absorbtion3
Level 27 - Reflex3
Level 28 - Shock Weapons4
9. Use the MapRollays Place' to get to him and defeat him. You should be at LEAST level 26 when you fight him.
10. Once you defeat Rollay, he will give you a rusty medallion which you will need later. Orb out. Get back to the Palace. Here we go with part 3. back to top
1. Walk to the west, into the great swamp & Swamp City. This is where your next upgrade will be :)
2. Head to the desert in the south, and battle around there until you find aCarved Oaken Staff which is dropped by the monsters in the Desert of Roo. You will need it later. This is where you get the items for your next upgrade. NOTE: Battle in the SOUTH OF THE DESERT OF ROO. It is dropped off of Plains Grarrl's
Dawnshine Generator Shield requires - Spider Leg, Spider Pincer, Cobra Fang, and Iguana Eye
Sorcerous Robe requires- Giant Spider Blood, Cobra Venom, Iguana Spit, Crystallized Mummy Blood(also known as crystallized sand).
3. Talk to the 2 Characters in Swamp City to receive your new armor. Equip it! I suggest the Shield.
4. Walk back south into the Desert of Roo, and up & into the Temple of Roo.
5. Walk to the right and you will see Erik. Talk to him. He blathers on about the Jewels of Power&tells you to return to swamp city for more information. Ignore him. You don't have to go back there, :P. Roam around there, and try taking the long way around because you need to level up A LOT. Make sure you find a Piece of Living Crystal in your drops. This is the only place to get it and it's very important.
Level 29 - Disable4
Level 30 - Fortitude4
Level 31 - Shockwave4
Level 32 - Life Weapons4
6. The next part is tricky - use the map called 'The Key Business & Archie'. Into the first room you go, to battle a miniboss who gives you Key 1. You use Key1 to unlock door 1 and battle a miniboss for Key2. Key2 to Door2, battle a miniboss for Key3, and so on. Make sure you have an Emerald before using the Orb behind Door 6!
7. You are coming up to the next big boss - Archmagus. He is a heavy hitter, to say the least. Because of your Nature Wand, you should be pretty well stocked on potions. You should be level 33 or higher before fighting Archmagus. He can stun you for up to 3 rounds, so it is really important you are well stocked on potions. Keep it up, you will beat him eventually! You can dooo it :D!
Level 33 - Field Medic4
Level 34 - Lifesteal4
Level 35 - Shock Weapons5
8. Congratulations! Now that you've defeated Archie, it is time for your next upgrade (AND AN AVATAR ♥!!) Take the portal all the way back to the 1st cave where you talked to Erik. Talk to Erik AGAIN, so he can fix the clouded gem you will have received for defeating Archie. Upon giving him the gem, you will get an avatar when you return to the regular map page!
9. Head back to Swamp City, talk to Leirobas and give him your Living Crystal. He will give you the Jewel Of Power (growing jewel for life magic), in return for your tiny beryl, glowing stone, and emerald!
10. Go back to Erik and give him your Growing Jewel, Carved Oaken Staff, and the Coruscating Gem. He will give you The Staff Of Life. This is an amazing weapon. Equip it ASAP - it can heal up to 100HP and attacks wonderfully. Time for the Techo Caves!
11. Go South to Techo Caves map. This is much like the Teleport Maze. HOWEVER you only need to enter the 1st 3 caves.
12. As soon as you enter the Caves, you'll meet Irgo. He'll talk about your next upgrade. Your choices are:
Energy Absorber- Piece of Agate (cave 1), Piece of Chrysolite(cave 2), and Piece of Serpentine(cave 2)
Robe of Protection - Drakonid eye (cave 1), Drakonid hide (cave 1&), and Drakonid Heart (cave 1 & 2)
I like the Absorber, personally. It converts damage done to you into health.
13. Battle around these caves to get the needed items for your upgrade - then go back to Irgo to receive it.
Level 36 - Disable5
Level 37 - Fortitude5
Level 38 - Shockwave5
14. Get back to cave 3 and walk through it to Sunny City.
15. In Sunny City, talk to Gali Yoj, who will clean up your Medallion (Keladrian Medallio). Head back through caves 4 and 2. When you get to cave 2, head into entrance 4. Through 4 to entrance 6 - this will lead you to the Mountain Fortressback to top
1. This is where some major levelling happens. Joy. Enter the Mountain Fortress.
Level 39 - Life Weapons5
Level 40 - Field Medic5
Level 41 - Lifesteal5
2. The monsters here drop Evening Sun Energy Shield and an Inferno Robe. It's up to you if you want to equip or not.
3. After reaching level 40, you are ready to beat the LIFE GUARDIAN. He deals quite a lot of damage - but your staff should really help you out. After you defeat him, you will get the Moonstone Staff. This staff heals you 4HP every round, and randomly up to 45. I prefer the Staff of Life, but it's your choice. Hang around and defeat all the other Guardians - it's pretty easy.
4. Before leaving the cave, try and get as high levelled as you can. The monsters here give off GREAT XP.
Level 42 - Shock Weapons6
Level 43 - Disable6
Level 44 - Fortitude6
Level 45 - Shockwave6
5. Navigate your way out of the caves and walk East to Kal Panning.
6. Map.The monsters here drain life pretty hard, so be careful. Your staff should help you out a lot. Once you're level 45 or 46 go over & attack Faelinn. As soon as you attack her, you'll notice an option that says 'Shoe Faelinn the Medallion' or something along those lines. Click this. It'll end the battle fast and give you the XP and such.
7. You're coming up to the final battle :D!! Head over to Two Rings and go through the first short tunnel - you will need to talk to the guard and tell him that you have the key. Simple.
8. You are now in Two Rings Range. The levelling ground for this section. You need to reach at least level 48 before leaving here. So buckle down.
Level 46 - Life Weapons6
Level 47 - Shock Weapons7
Level 48 - Diasble7
Level 49 - Fortitude7
9. Fight along the first level using the maps. The monsters here drop the highest healing potion - Spirit Healing Potion. Fight until you have a decent amount of those. It's a good idea to also be level 50.
SKILL POINT: Level 50 - Shockwave7
10. Once you've reached level 50 and have a decent amount of trophies - it's time for the last boss. Jahbal.
THE FINAL FIGHT: Go upstairs, and then up again and across the VIP carpet ;D to where good ol' Jahbal sits. Make sure you have 100% health.
- He can cast poison which stuns you for 3 rounds, doing 50 damage per round. So make sure your health is always above 150.
- Use your healing potions freely - this is the last boss!!
Congratulations on beating NQ! ♥ back to top
My neomail is always open for extra tips, or comments, questions, or feedback. Feel free to neomail me any time :)
My very good friend Sam made this layout for me - her premades are simply amazing. Thank you ♥
Thank you to everyone who neomails me, & don't forget to check out my NQ2 guide - here!
& thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on my guide, you keep it here. back to top
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions