tatixd and elektra_ulrich for helping me with the scams section.
e_merrick for giving me the idea of doing an abbreviations section.
Hello and welcome to my guide. I'm Mary and I hope I can help you knowing a little more about Neopets.
I will talk about many ways of making nps, how to avoid being scammed, how to increase your change of being lent something and many other things.
I will also incluse some of my experience here and how I resolve some problems I found.
Now lets get started with the Dailies?
Many people might say that they are too boring because they take to long and sometimes you don´t get anything good, but while you are clicking on those links and reloading the pages you can get a good random event like found 1k on the floor or a rare item. And that is a good thing don't you agree with me? This are the links I do everyday and they don´t have any cost or the cost is very low.
Bank: Never forget to collect your interest. It may not be much but is always good to get some nps without making anything.
Shop Offer: Click here everyday to get 50 nps or 100 nps.
Omelette: Visit the Giant Omelette everyday to get a free omelette.
Daily Puzzle: Use this guide to see the answer and get a random amount of nps.
Fruit Machine: Visit the Fruit Machine and you can get a random amount of nps or a desert food and if you are really lucky you can win a paint brush. I already won 2.
Tombola: Visit the Tombola everyday and you can get a change of winning some codestones or bottled faeries.
Deserted Tomb: Visit the Desert Tomb everyday to get a chance of winning codestones, bottled faeries and a random amount of nps. You can also win an avatar.
Weltrude Toy Chest: Here you can get free food or a random amount of nps.
TDMBGPOP: The grundo can give you a random amount of nps, a random item and you can also get an avatar.
LAB Ray: Many people prefer to get the lab and wait till it transform their pet into their dream pet. If you got the lab don't forget to take your pet there.
Petpet Lab Ray: Don't forget to take your petpet there everyday.
Qasalan Expelibox: You can get a random amount of nps, a random food and if you are really lucky you can get NC.
Altador Daily Prize: If you completed the Altador Plot you can get a random amount of nps or a random Item.
Faerie Crossword: When you complete it you get nps. Use this guide.
Apple Bobbing: You can get a random item and an avatar.
Coltzan's shrine: You can get dubloons, desert food, a random amount of nps and your active pet can get some skills.
Fishing: You can go there every 8 hours.
Snowager: You can try to steal something from 6am to 7am, 2pm to 3pm, and 10pm to 11pm NST.
Healing Spring: You can visit the faerie every 30 minutes.
Turmaculus: Use this guide to know when he is asleep.
Money Tree: You can get 10 items everyday. Sometimes you can get really good things there.
Second Hand Shop: You can get 10 items everyday. Sometimes you can find good items.
Igloo Garage Sale: You can buy 10 items everyday. Never forget to visit the igloo because you can find very expensive items for less than 1k.
Abandoned Attic: If your account has more than 36 months don't forget to try your luck in the attic. You can buy very expensive items for a small price but you need to be quick. Use this guide.
Monthly Freebies: Every month you can collect your freebies. 2k and 1 random food for each pet.
Test Strength: It costs 100 nps and you can play every 6 hours. You can get spooky items and a random amount of nps.
Buried Treasure: Its costs 300 nps and you can play every 3 hours. If you are lucky you can get a random amount of nps or some junk items.
Scratchcard: Each scratchcard cost's 600 nps.
Scratchcard: Each scratchcard cost's 1200 nps.
Scratchcard: Each scratchcard cost's 500 nps.
Lottery: You can buy 20 tickets and each one cost's 100 nps.
This are the dailies I do. You can notice that I didn't put here the wheels or the quests and its because I only do those if I need the avatar since most of the times you will end lossing money. But if you want you can do them.
Now lets learn how to make nps.
Everybody wants to be rich and be able to buy some very expensive items to put in their gallery or even buy a draik or a krawk or paint all their pets. - FACT
Some might say that all rich users use cheats and programs and that is a BIG FAT LIE.
Well I can tell you that some users like me or some of my guild friends have a secret to make many nps. And I will tell you the secret. We have DETERMINATION. When we really want something we give our best to achieve our goal.
You might say that you are bad at games or simply don't like to play because some games are boring. I agree with you that some games are boring and I can tell you that I try to avoid those games. I only play them when the ratio is very hight and I can get 1k quickly.
But there are other ways to make nps like KQ, stocks, restock, bets on the Food Club and World Challenges. I use all of them to make nps everytime I can.
KQ is great because we can get many codestones and neggs, some maps and if we are very lucky we can win paint brushes. So never quit even if you will end in second place, you can still get some codestones and neegs.
In stocks it takes a little more time to get profit but you can win many nps there. I use he Neodaq guide to know which stocks I should buy but I never spend more than 17 nps each. Also I recommend to start investing only when you have at least 500k because this way if you want nps to buy something you dont have to sell your stocks to get the nps.
Some users say that if you want to make the most profit in stocks you only shuld sell them when they are +200%. That is a Fact, BUT it can take lots of days till they reach that value. I sell them the instant they reach +50% because that way I can get the nps I invested and enought nps to buy stocks again the next day. Its best if you decide the best time to sell.
Restock is a great way to make profit. If you are a collector like me you might buy that item you really want for your gallery cheap and not for the hundreds or millions it costs outside the shop. I will talk about this later in the guide.
In the Food Club you can make many nps but sometimes you will lose too so don't be upset if you don't win nps at the first time. I use this guide to make my bets. For me its the best guide to use.
The World Challenges are a little difficult for me to explain but you can use this guide. Remember to only choose a game that you are good if not you will never win and never send scores that are easy to beat.
Another think that can help you making lots of nps is your shop. Everytime you get an item in a Random Event or making the dailies you should put it in your shop and sell it. But don't put junk items because those items send your customers away.
Also don't make your shop huge if you don't have enought items to sell. Remember that it costs money and if you don't have the items to sell it will take a while to make the nps you spend making your shop bigger.
Another thing that you can't do in your shop is putting there a layout that mess with the shop making all the items appear in the right and the ones that you can't see the items in the shop and their prices. I ran away from shops like that.
When you are pricing your items remember to check the Shop Wizard at least 5 times for the same item. If it costs 500 nps don't put your item at 3000 nps because nobody will buy it. If you want to sell it right away you can put it for 490 nps or a little less but if you don't like pricing the items and don't mind waiting a little more to sell it you can price it at 600 nps or a little more.
The trading post can be a good place to make profit. Sometimes some users get bored trying to sell an expensive item and put it in the trades for less nps than the real price. You can buy it and sell it later for the correct price. This can be applied to the shop wizard. Sometimes you can find codestones and dubloons for 1k. You just need to be alert.
The actions are a good place to get some great deals but you need to be quick and have enought nps in hand. If you are quick don't forget to check the auctions for great deals.
One of the best way to make nps is restocking but you need to be fast.
I will try to give you some hints of what you should buy in every shop but please don't be upset with me if you buy something I said was good to buy and you end up losing nps. Some items can inflate or deflate depending on the market demand.
Account age/Item rarities
Newbie/r79 and below.
10 days/r84 and below.
16 days/r89 and below.
1 month/r94 and below.
3 months/all items.
Now I will list some games that are easy to play and don't require many time.
So now you know how to make nps but it's important to learn how to save them. Some users spend them everytime they see something good and beautiful that they want to have and by doing that they take much more time to save for what they really want to have like a paintbrush to paint their pets or an item to help completing their gallery..
I will help you learn how to save nps to complete your goals.
Decide your goal: You have to decide what your really want to have first. For some is to have the secret lab map, for others is to paint their pets and some might say they want a draik or a krawk.
Take your time deciding what your goal will be, and choose something that you want not things that your friends want. For example I don't have the secret lab map because I manage to paint my pets first and I have them like I want so I don't see the need to have it but most of my friends keep telling that I should buy it.
Set a daily np amount: It's better if you set a low amount like 20k or 30k a day so if you don't have much time to play you can always reach that amount by playing few games. If you manage to have more time to play try to reach 50k or 60k because this way you can reach your goal faster.
Calculate the time to reach your goal: So let's pretend that you want to buy a FQD for your gallery. She costs 1.4m and you can make 30k a day so if you do the math you will have enought nps to buy it in 47 days.
It might seem that will take too long but if you manage to make more than 30k a day it will take you less days to have the nps to buy your FQD.
Keep you nps in the bank: They should be in the bank all the time because your interest will be higher and it could help you not spending them since you don't have the nps in your hand.
Remember to put you nps everyday in the bank when you leave neo so the next day you get more interest and you won't have nps in hand to start buying things that you don't need.
Forget about the nps you have in the bank. Don't remove them from the bank or it will be harder to reach your goal.
Now I will tell you some normal scams that some users might use if they want to steal something from you.
1. You recive a nm telling: My account was hacked and I lost it but I already had been lent lots of things so can you lend me _________? That can be true but most of the times will be a scam because saying that a random account was yours doesn't prove that it was.
2. You recive a nm telling: I can lend you _________, just buy the item in my shop for _____nps and I will send you the item. If you buy it you will be wasting nps and you won't be lent.
3. I can lend you __________ with pure. Just offer 800k in the trade with the item and the rest in the other trade with junk If you do that the user will accept the junk trade and reject the offer in the item you were supost to be lent so you will end up losing nps.
4. I can lend you _______ with overpaid coll. Lets say that you want to be lent FQD and the lender asks for 2m coll. If you do this the lender can walk out with the nps, buy another FQD and get 500k profit.
5. Can you lend me ______? I have full in items (HTS) The lender accepts and ends up with HTS items that he can't sell to get the same amount to buy the item he was scammed.
1. You recive a nm telling: I saw that you didn't have the _____ avy/trophy. If you want I can get it for you. You would need to give your word so you would end up losing your account.
2. You recive a nm telling: Do you know about the site that gives premium referrals for free? Go check it out (link for a page outside neo) Do not click the link or you will lose your account.
3. You recive a nm telling: I'm from TNT and I want to ask you if you want to work with us. Just go to this site (link for a page outside neo) Do not click the link or you will lose your account.
4. I'm selling a Baby plushie paint brush for 500k. Paint your pet today. Those paint brushes don't paint, you will lose your nps and get a plushie only.
5. I'm doing a draw for ______ (normally an expensive item). If you want to enter buy one junk item from my shop. Draws are agains't TNT rules and if you buy the item you will end up losing your nps.
6. I'm auctioning a paint brush for 1np only to neofriends. If you want to try buy one item from my shop and I will add you as neofriend so you can bet in the auction. Even if you buy the item the user won't add you as neofriend, you won't get the chance to bet in the paint brush and you will lose your nps.
7. I'm selling codestones for 400nps in my shop, hurry up. You will try to buy it and the user changes the price very quickly for 40000nps so you will end up losing nps.
8. You are selling a rare item in the trades for 800k and someone make an offer of 80k or 800nps and you don't check correctly the amount and accept the offer so you end up losing nps.
Now I'm giving you some hints to help you being lent avy items and pets.
1. Be polite. Nobody likes rude people and if you are rude to the lender you won't be lent and he will probably block you so you won't even be able to neomail him again.
2. Work on your account. If you want to be lent expensive items and rare pets you need to show that you work on your account. Get the easy avys first, try to win some trophies, have some cards in your neodeck and some stamps in your album.
3. Know pet transfer rules. If you have 4 pets and want to be lent another pet you must know that it won't be possible. If its a pound tranfer you can only pound one pet which you wouldn't be able to pound the pet you got lent. If its by transfer remember that you can only recive and send one pet per month, if your account has less than 24 months.
4. Know the account age rule. If your account doesn't have at least 4 months you won't be able to be lent limited edition pets and pets painted in colours that change their form, like grey. Also you can't recive pets with level higher than 2.
5. No is no. If you see a lender and ask him to lend you and he says no theres to use to keep asking, it will only make it more difficult for you to be lent.
6. Don't spam. If you made a topic asking to be lent something and you didn't get lent right away there's no need to create another topic saying the same thing.
7. Have coll. Some lenders don't ask for coll but its best if you have some coll for the item you are asking, just in case.
If you follow all this hints you will increase your changes of being lent what you want.
If you send a neomail like this you will be lucky if the lender reply and don't block you.
AA - Advert Attack
AC – Avatar chat or Altador Cup or Advent Calendar
AotA - Atlas of the Ancients
BD - Battledome
BDC – Battledome chat
BFM - Battle for Meridell
BGC - Bone grarrl club
Coll - Collateral
CoM - Curse of Maraqua
Def - Defence
DoN - Defenders of Neopia
EFMC - Escape from Meridell Castle
EH - Extreme Herder
ETS – Easy to sell
EPC - Extreme Potato Counter
FB – Fire blumaroo or Faerie Bubbles
FQD - Faerie Queen Doll
FTP – First to post
GL – Good luck
GTU - Grand Theft Ummagine
HATIC - Hannah and the Ice Caves
HatPC – Hannah and the pirate caves
HC – Help chat
HT – Hidden tower
HTS – Hard to sell
HSD - HP + Strength + Defence
ICM – Ice cream machine
IoM - Invasion of Meridell
ITTPD - I taunt the pant devil
IQ – Island quiggle
K – 1k = 1000nps
LOOK - userlookup
LDP - Lost Desert Plot
MBV - Mynci Beach Volleyball
MJB - Meepit Juice Break
MP – Morphing potion
NC - Neocash
NEO - Neopets
NM - Neomail
NOOB – Annoying user that doesn't follow the rules
NP - Neopoint
NQ - Neoquest
NT – Neopian Times
NTY - No thanks
OG – Orange grundo
PB – Paint brush
PETLOOK - Petlookup
PP - Petpage
ShSh - Shootout Showdown
SlSl - Slushie Slinger
STP – Second to post
SWII - Snow Wars II
TCG – Trading card game
TFR - The Faerie's Ruin
TNT – The Neopets Team
TT - Typing Terror
TYS – Test your strength
UB - Ultimate Bullseye or Unbuyable
UFA - Up for adoption
UFT - Up for trade
USER - Username
YYB - Yooyuball
ZDAP - Zafara Double Agent Plushie
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions