The Neopian Orphanage: The Guild.
What is The Neopian Orphanage?
The Neopian Orphanage was founded to help unfortunate Neopets who have been abandoned by their owners find new homes.
Members of this guild adopt Neopets (generally at level 1 with minimal stats) from the Pound to be taken care of, fed and treated for illnesses. In the meantime, we provide them the training they need and/or zap them to attract a larger number of potential permanent owners. We also keep them quite entertained at our Mall, the Pixie Gathering, and with many fun events -- much better than the dank, dreary Pound.
When a pet is ready to be adopted out, we don't merely throw them back into the pound or give them to the first person who asks. Instead, we take time to find our fosters the perfect homes by listing them in adoption halls and picking the best owner from those who apply.
Here's a quick look at part of our Guild Charter...
In our behaviour towards our Neopets we will constantly strive to:
- Treat each pet as an individual: not as a colour, not as an avatar, not as a trophy.
- Never adopt or create pets lightly, but always with thoughtfulness and care. We will only take a pet into our home if we can commit to working towards a permanent loving home for them, or can offer them one with ourselves.
In our behaviour towards our fellow Neopians we will constantly try to:
- Be a model of the principles and values TNO stands for, to show Neopia that good and honest Neopians can be found.
- Remember that we are a representative of TNO, and of foster parents generally, whenever we deal with an applicant for one of our fosters. We will not be pushed around, but likewise, we will treat applicants with dignity and respect.
- Please refer to the pets by their correct name and gender (unless you want to change their gender, in which case please say so at the top of the application. Nicknames are fine).
- Make an effort to use correct spelling and grammar. Try getting your application reviewed.
- Neomail all applications to nolee94153, you can call me Nolee.
- As per the Neopets rules, I do not require petpage applications. If you make one I will read it, but I am not requiring you to make one and I truly have no preference either way. As long as your current pets are well cared for (Petpet, not crying, personality, etc) and your plans for my foster are sincere, I'd be happy to accept Neomail applications.
- Tell me your plans for my foster if he/she were to join you. Will he/she become a Battledomer? or a Beauty contest applicant? Will he/she have a room in your Neohome? Or a petpet to keep them company?
- Details and creativity in your plans will raise your chances of being chosen as the new owner! There are many guides out there to help you with these subjects.
- Please put the word peanut butter in your application so that I know you've read these rules.
- Please add the Neopian Orphanage's Pledge of Good Ownership somewhere.
Fill out the Form
Pledge Of Good Ownership If I am chosen, I, (your name) , pledge to be the best owner I can be for my new Neopet, (pet's name) . I understand all the sadness that he/she has already been through, and so I will provide everything he/she needs to be happy. I promise to be a friend to my new Neopet and never ever ever put him/her through the pain of neglect or abandonment again.
- Why do you want this pet?
- What are your plans for him/her?
- Do you intend to trade him/her?
- Do you have a personality picked out for him/her? If yes, feel free to describe him/her.
- Have you ever been frozen?
- What are the names of all your accounts?
- Why do you think you should be chosen as his/her new owner?
Rankings goes here
Archives goes here.