Blog Coding Tutorial
1. Upload your blog to the internet. Try http://www.imagecave.com/ or http://www.2and2.net/ for an image host.
2. Open Notepad (Start, Programs, Accessories, Notepad) or another word processing program.
3. Count the number of boxes you have on your blog. Use the code beside the corresponding number:
4. Open Paint (Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint).
5. Open your blog.
6. Go to Image then Attributes. Make sure the Units are in Pixels. Remember the width.
7. Go back to Notepad and find the part of the code that says:
8. Replace "610" with the width you found in step 6.
9. Go back to Paint. Remember the height.
10. Go back to Notepad and go back to the same code, but with your new width:
11. Replace "550" with the height you found in step 9.
12. Find the part of the code that says:
13. Go back to Paint.
14. Select the Selection Tool.
15. Place your cursor over the upper left hand corner of the first text area (remember, */-- this way is left and ^ is up).
16. On the lower right hand corner of the screen, you should see two numbers separated by a comma. If you don't see the numbers, go to View then Status Bar. Remember the first number.
17. Go back to Notepad.
18. Find the part of the code that says:
19. Repeat steps 13 - 18 for the second number.
20. Go back to Paint.
21. Select the Selection Tool.
22. Select the first text area.
23. Go to Edit then Copy.
24. Leave this Paint alone and open a new Paint (Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint).
25. Go to Image then Attributes and change the height and width to "1".
26. Go to Edit then Paste.
27. Go to Image then Attribues. Remember the width.
28. Go back to Notepad.
29. Find the part of the code that says:
30. Replace "190" with the width from step 27.
31. Go back to the second Paint.
32. Go to Image then Attribues. Remember the height.
33. Go back to Notepad and go back to the same code, but with your new width:
34. Replace "180" with the height from step 32.
35. Repeat steps 13 - 34 for each text area after that, but move on to the next block of code. For example, the first time you do the steps, you replace the height/width and left/top for "content01" and "box01". The second time, you replace the height/width and left/top for "content02" and "box02", and so on.
Text areas in the wrong place
Stats in blog
Remove this part of the code at the end of the blog:
Move blog to top left corner (full page blog)
Add this to the very beginning of your code:
You cannot make the image fill up the entire page unless you change the actual image width.
Blog repeats/resized/too small
1. If you uploaded the image to Photobucket, upload it somewhere else instead (http://www.imagecave.com). Photobucket resizes large images.
2. You might have the height and/or width wrong in the code. To find the correct height, right click on the image and choose Properties. Beside Dimensions is the width x height.
Blog background doesn't show up, but text shows up
1. Make sure you are using the correct address. An image's address looks like this:
It should not look like these: [img]http://www.neopets.com/image.gif[/img]
img s r c="http://www.neopets.com/image.gif
2. If you've upload the image to R i p w a y, you need to use a different host. R i p w a y is blocked on Neopets.
3. Try putting your image's address into the address bar and pressing "Go". If you don't see the image or get an error, you have the wrong address. If you do see the image, but there is other text or images on the page, right click on the image and choose Properties to get the real address.
4. Check to make sure there are no open style tags before the code, like this:
5. Make sure there is no space after the word "url" in the code. It should look like this:
and not like this:
Stats appear behind the blog in Firefox
Before each section of text, add a
so it would look like this:
If your userlookup stats aren't in the blog, add a
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions