AviateHello and welcome to Aviate. Aviate is a private, semi-literate, chat-based guild based around site-making, CSS, and graphic design. We strive to create a laid-back, welcoming atmosphere; you don't have to be great with graphics, or CSS, or have a top-ranked site as long as you're interested in fun and good conversation. Our council members are Zel (on hiatus) and Borealis. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to Neomail Borealis.
Aviate has a member cap of 30 members, but right now applications are open.
Updates3.30.14 Good news! Annie has volunteered to take over ownership of Aviate and perhaps revive it! I've already given her the top council spot, and I'm just waiting to hear what she wants to do about the webbie; when or if it has a new location, I'll link it here. =)
Members1. Please be semi-literate and keep chat- or text-speak to a minimum.
2. Please turn on guild mailing and respond to guild mails so that we know you have received them.
Applicants1. You may join on a main or an active side account.
2. Your acceptance or rejection is not the decision of any one member but of the guild as a whole. Please accept the guild's decision and don't harass council members or anyone else if you're rejected.
ApplyBelow is Aviate's application form. Once you've looked at the rules, just fill out the form and send it in! Aviate's members vote on applicants based on their application content and their site(s). You will receive a reply when a final decision has been reached.
Neomail your application to Borealis.
ActivitiesCompetitions: We're currently looking for someone to host and run site, graphic, and CSS competitions for Aviate. Ever wanted to get creative with competitions? While we have some suggestions, in the end you'd be completely in charge of the competitions. Interested? Neomail Borealis.
Scavenger hunt: This is a site- and graphic-related scavenger hunt where members are asked to find certain kinds of sites or layouts.
Do you have an idea for an Aviate activity? Send it in!
MembersOn this page, you can find a list of Aviate's members.
Site(s): Plaudits, Smiley Central, Third Impression, Verglas (also: Site Help and Ad Board)
Site(s): Clockwork Directory, Soar, Enchanted
Link backWe encourage our members to create more buttons and icons for advertisement!
CreditsColor scheme "Anywhere but Here" by Kleur. Layout by Borealis. Coding help from CSS|Guide. Buttons link to their creators.
Scavenger HuntWelcome to Aviate's scavenger hunt! Once you've located one of the items below, Neomail Borealis the form below and your record will be put up here. Some of the items are easy, some are hard; all are possible, though. You don't need to have all of the items to send in the form; feel free to leave some blank and send in another form when you find them.
Items1. Find a site's button with a Faellie image.
2. Find a site that hasn't updated since January 1st.
3. Find a site with a winter-themed layout.
4. Find a site whose owner is on vacation (specifically "on vacation," not on hiatus).
5. Find a site whose name starts or ends with X.
6. Find a site with Harry Potter-themed pixels.
7. Find a site with no updates listed.
8. Find a site that is closed but still has content up.
9. Find a pet with a flower-themed lookup (must not be your own pet).
10. Find a directory that lists pets based on their names.
11. Find a directory that lists both sites and guilds.
12. Find a site that offers color palettes as an extra (not as main content).
13. Find a site that offers X-Men related icons.
14. Find a site run by two or more people.
15. Find a site that provides a premade font for the avatar, A53 - LIKE A BOSS.