i know my guide is boring and plain but i don't care to fix the layout. i don't play neopets anymore. if you have a question, use a search engine. or neomail me and wait the 6 monts for a reply. sorry for the inconvenience.
I now have 2 banners for my page. If you'd be kind enough & are interested in making more, feel free to neomail me!
Made by Lily! Thank you so much, again :*
This is my guide to the so-called boring game known as Neoquest II. Neoquest II has a reputation of being very boring, patience testing, and time consuming. I beg to differ. It really doesn't require much patience, and really, it doesn't take months to finish. Not even weeks. Neoquest II can, truly, be a lot more fun than you'd expect - and you can get avatars, neopoints, a trophy, and a prize from playing!
To restart your game, go here.
This guide is a walkthrough of the game on the normal difficulty.
It can be used as a guide for evil & insane modes aswell. Add +1-2 levels for evil, and +2-3 for insane.
& Believe it or not, most of the information on here is pretty important ;) I didn't just decide to make this super long for no reason. It is all important. And I can guarantee reading it will save you some pain. PLEASE make sure your question is not here before neomailling me asking it! I will help you, but it's really annoying to sort through those neomails vs the actually important ones.
If you really want to get started and play, and if you don't you're going to go into cardiac arrest or something, I suggest just reading the brief 'Skills' section and then heading off to Chapter 1.
Navigate around the guide:
1. Neoquest 2 has NOTHING to do with your pets! If your grarrl is level 100, it will not improve your chances in the game. If your pet is hungry, painted, or has a petpet, it will make NO DIFFERENCE.
2. You have 1 game per account.
3. I do not know if you can transfers games, or what will happen if you pound your pet and re-adopt. I wouldn't try it, though. TNT would NOT make the games transferrable (User A plays up to a certain point, gives game to User B), so I think if you pound/transfer your pet, your game is deleted.
4. There are four characters in Neoquest 2 - Rohane, Mipsy, Talinia, and Velm. (In order of which you receive them)
5. If you forget to pick up a character along the way, they can be acquired at the next starting point. (You forget to pick up Mipsy in Chapter 1, when you start Chapter 2 she will be in the village waiting for you.)
6. Each time you 'rest' it is like you're 'saving' your game. If you die, game over, you go back to your last 'rest' stop - which is why it is crucial to rest at every chance you get. It would really stink if you hadn't rested at all, died while fighting Zombom, and had to restart at Trestin.
7. Everytime you get a new character, it starts at the same level as your main character. If Rohane is level 10 when you get Mipsy, Mipsy will be level 10. This ALSO MEANS Mipsy will have 10 skill points to spend! This is the same for every character.
8. About the Fathers Sword: If you accidently sell it, don't worry about it. I sold mine and made it through the game fine. It is advisable, however, to keep it until the last battle as it is said to increase your attack power. It's up to you, really.
9. Under level and Over level - being under level is, exactly what it sounds like. When I say 'be level 12 before you do whatever' I mean it. The farther along you go as an under level, the harder it is to get up to your proper level, the more chance you have to die, and the more frustrating the game gets. Over level is exactly what it sounds like - Being level 15 when I say be level 12. There is NOTHING wrong with this! In fact, I advise it somewhat! Makes battles easier and smoother. It isn't so much crucial in chapter 1, just the last 2 chapters (:
10. Have FUN! Don't worry about playing the perfect game, or dying too often, or anything like that. It's JUST a game, it's here so you have FUN (:
11. Don't feel bad if you get confused or lost - trust me, I had no idea where I was going half the time I played and I must've died 20 times before I got the hang of it. Always remember: You will get better.
12. It took me a week to complete the whole thing - of course I only played for an hour or so a day. I chatted with friends most of the time while I played - which actually takes your mind of the mind numbing bits of the game ;). If you can, get a friend to play/chat with you as you play. It makes it easier.
13. If you're under leveled, wait til the next free rest spot and level up as much as possible there by hunting, and when you have low health, getting rest. In chapter 1 being under leveled isn't too bad, but once you reach chapters 2 and 3, it is crucial to NOT be under leveled. I learned this the hard way x-x.
14. Try not to flee from battle too much, I know, you're in a rush to finish the game. Make deals with yourself when traveling: 7 fights, 1 flee, for example. It adds up in the end (:
15. The maximum level for any skill is 15 - so the most points you can spend on a skill is 15.
16. The maximum level for any character is 60.
17. If I didn't specifically say GO. TALK TO THIS PERSON. You don't need to. Of course you can, they tend to have interesting things to say, but it takes longer and is unnecessary, and the plot isn't the greatest anyways.
18. Both Neoquest 2 avatars (devilpus & bionic cybunny) are achieved in Chapter 5, no sooner, no later. Buckle down, ACers. ;)
19. If you need Neoquest 2 maps, and can't use mine for some reason (o-0) - use a search engine to find them! There are many map sites out there (:
20. Listen to music. Because it's nice. Don't play NQ2 instead of studying for that math exam.
Neoquest 1&2 boards - If you have a question, post there, or neomail me and I will do my best to answer. (:
AMAZING Sticky Board - To my knowledge the only 'sticky' thread on neopets - TNT keeps deleting the posts so others can use it and gain information. Everyone is super nice, so don't be worried to post or ask a question :D
And you can always neomail me (;back to top
What ARE skills? - Skills are a crucial part to neoquest 2. Each time your character gains a level, they earn a skill point. Skill points can be spent, well, on skills! When you battle a creature, if you win, you earn experience points (xp). Those lovely experience points go towards your level, and once you have a certain amount you 'level up'. Skill points are used to teach Rohane or other characters new 'skills', such as defense, attack, critical hit, stunning strikes, and others. *
The categories for Rohane's skills are as follows:
Innate Magic Resistance
Innate Melee Haste
What skills should I pick?
Firstly, there is no right or wrong way to spend your skills!
I would spend the most points on Critical Attack, Damage Increase, Innate Melee Haste & Stunning Strikes. I would not ignore any other skill, with Combat Focus being the exception. It is useless. Spend a few points here and there on Battle taunt & Innate Magic Resistance, and you're covered!
I have also included the other characters skills (:
The categories for Mipsy's skills are as follows:
Group Direct Damage
Innate Melee Defense
Innate Casting Haste
What skills should I pick? Direct damage is a great skill to have during the earlier Chapters, although a lot of 'big' bosses (Hubrid Nox, Terask 1&2) are highly resistant to this attack. It is, however, definitely worth spending points on! Obliterate is the highest it can go - and it can deal up to 100 damage! Group direct damage is another really important skill for Mipsy, and it will really save you when you get attacked by more than 1 enemy. DEFINITELY worth spending points on! Group Haste is, in my opinion, one of the most important skills of all, Mipsy makes the turns of her group come quicker - an amazing skill. Slowing is not necessary - you have potions for that, and you shouldn't spend more than 8 points on Innate Melee Defense. Damage Shields are helpful, I didn't really use them, but they are nifty.
Talinia's skill categories:
Increased Bow Damage
Innate Magic Resistance
Innate Melee Haste
What skills should I pick? Increased Bow Damage is DEFINITELY important, as are Innate Melee Haste and Multiple targets - multiple targets isn't so much helpful with the bosses, but when levelling can be very nice (:
Velm's skill categories:
Innate Melee Defense
Innate Casting Haste
What skills should I pick? Healing heals a single target for up to 150 HP (at it's highest level). This can be a helpful skill to have, but Group Healing is just as effective for a single heal; and can heal the whole GROUP in one go! Mesmerize is effective for the some fights, but most bosses are pretty much immune to it. Celestial Hammer is Velm's only offensive move, but he spends most of his time healing, so it's up to you. Spend around 7 points in Innate Melee Defense. Innate Casting Haste is pretty important, too.
* - Let me say this now: Velm is a healer, not a fighter. Rohane is a fighter, not a haster or slower..er. Rohane is the Tank, Mipsy the Wizard, Talinia the archer, and Velm the healer. There is NO reason to train them in any other fields. You may think 1 or 2 points will help, but that's just a bigger waste. 1 or 2 points in Celestial Hammer won't make Velm kill the final boss. You are wasting points doing this, and it will mess up your game dramatically.
The arrow buttons are, obviously, used for moving.
Below that we have a travel option. This travel option is a lot more important than it looks. If you switch into 'hunting' mode, enemies and lurky creatures are much more likely to attack you - this is helpful when levelling. In Normal mode, you are less likely to be attacked than in Hunting.
Next, as you can see in the screenshot, it says 'You are in Faerie Palace.'. This is your LOCATION! Location location location. Very helpful. c: Incase.. I don't know. You somehow forget where you are? xD
Under the Commands option we have 'Inventory and Party info'. Self-explanatory. Along the ways, you'll pick up potions and other nifty things to use during battle - these go into your inventory. You can also buy potions in towns.
And lastly, below that your amount of gold. You earn gold when you defeat a creature. Can be used to buy things - potions, swords, armor, etc. back to top
You start off in Trestin, the village where your mother is located. You do not need to talk to anyone but her, and at this time - not even her.
Note: You start off with a sword called 'Father's. sword'. You have two options with this sword - you may sell it for gold, or save it for the last battle where it has a higher chance of a critical hit and increases the damage you do. I did NOT save it for the last battle, and had no problem defeating him. It is 101% up to you, and either way you will be able to finish the game (: You do not need to use the Father's. sword throughout the game - just for the last battle.
1. Go outside of the village by walking to the right, as far as you can go. & Once outside, change normal mode into hunting mode and get ready to hunt :)
If you do not have the Plains Lupe avatar - you can get it now by losing in a battle with a plains lupe.
2. Continue to battle animals around the village. Do not wander too far, if you need to heal, go back to Trestin (your starting place) and talk to your mother. She will offer you free rest. Enjoy it while it lasts - free rest is hard to come by.
Don't forget - every time you level you gain a skill point! Spend them c:
3. Once you read level 6, or the animals are only giving out tedious amounts of xp, change into normal mode, and talk to your mother for a final heal before heading off.
4. Locate Trestin on the Western Plains map. Your new goal is to reach the dark cave, where your first boss - the minor foreman, is located.
5. Once you reach the dark cave, simply, navigate through it to the foreman by using (click)The Dark Cave map.
6. Tips for defeating Minor Foreman:
He is incredibly easy. He has no abilities (magical), so to do damage he just hits you. Repeatedly. Hit. Hit. Hit. You should have no trouble with him if you were able to get this far - the monsters in the cave are a lot tougher than him. Remember you have potions from your battles - if you get low on Hit points, use one!
7. Once you defeat the miner foreman, behind him is an orb that takes you outside the cave. When you orb outside of the dark caves, walk east across the 'land bridge' and then southeast. You can use the overview of Merridell to see where you are going. You're in the Western Plains, and heading to the Northern Marches.
8. Once in Northern Marches, go to White River Town. Hunt outside the town and use the inn located inside of White River town to heal - it is cheaper than using potions, and you want to save the potions for Zombom! Remember: The Inn counts as a 'saving point' - it would really stink if you died fighting Zombom and had to walk all the way back to him from Trestin. Buy 10 (or more) blast potions, and a sufficient amount of healing potions in the town.
9. Before you leave White River - I suggest you are at or around level 12.
10. Next, you are headed to the Mysterious Tower. Leave White River and walk straight into Foothill Forest. Walk to the right, and you will begin to see mountains. There will be a break in those mountains and a cave opening. Enter the Underground cave. Map of Northern Marshes.
11. Once inside the underground cave, simply follow the puddles. I know that sounds bizarre, but they actually follow the fastest route out of the cave. Follow on!
12. Once you leave the cave, you will be on the doorstep of the tower in which Zombom awaits. Navigate through the tower to Zombom using the mysterious tower maps.
13. Tips for Zombom:
- You should definitely be at level 12. - never let Rohane's health fall below 40, because Zombom can hit 31 damage at any given time.
- Use blast potions. Don't be discouraged if he resits. Keep attacking, healing, and blasting.
- Remember that you still will have to make it back to white river after this, so don't use the health potions willy-nilly.
Congratulations! You have defeated Zombom!!
Remember to check your inventory to see what weapons/armor you got, and of course, if it's better than what you're currently wearing, put it on!!
Part 2: Chapter 1
1. Use the teleport orb behind Zombom to bring you out of the mysterious tower, and walk all the way back to White River.
2. You now get a 20% discount in White River, so stock up on potions!
3. Yay! Another character! Because you defeated Zombom, the bridge it White River is lowered. Cross it, and go into the first house on the left, where Mipsy will be waiting. Talk to her, and she will join your team!!
Mipsy will have skill points unspent - and that is the first thing you shout go; spend her skill points wisely! See 'Skills' section for more information.
Direct damage, damage shields, and group direct damage and group haste are the four most important ones. I would spend a few points in magic resistance - You will need this when fighting Ramtor.
4. Leave White River through the other entrance (instead of heading back up to where you came in, keep going downward.) You are now in the White River Floodplain. Head to the right into the Plain of Twilight. Next go through the Flooded Forest, and once you exit the forest, you will be in the Plain of Storms. Your goal is to get into the town of Lakeside. It's a long walk, I know.
5. Once you enter the Town of Lakeside, stock up on Potions and rest. The town is a maze - use the map of lakeside as your guide. Once you are stocked up on potions and rested, find your way up to the top of the town where the Hermit is. (He is marked on the map). He will give you the secret word to the Lost City of Phorofor. You don't need to write it down - Rohane automatically remembers it.
6. Leave the town of lakeside and head around the mountains and into the sand. Keep walking until you enter the Lost City.
7. Once inside, talk to the ghost (Map of the Lost City of Phorofor) and he will let you enter the city. Walk diagonally through the center of the city, and then downwards. In the very last room on the left-hand side is where the sand grundo is located.
Sand Grundo tips:
He is really quite easy, especially now that you have Mipsy. Remember to heal. The Grundo can do 34 damage, and he has a critical attack - but after Zombom, this guy is easy.
8. Use the orb behind him to teleport out of the Lost city. You end up on Tower on a hill(level 2) across the river. You are now inSouth East Meridell. You can click here for Tower on a Hill maps.
9. Once you get out of the tower, you will now be in the dead hills. How exciting. (South East Meridell.) Walk north-east into the great eastern plains, stay close to the mountains, and when you see a break in the rock, go through it. Now walk south-east on the great Eastern Plains to the villae of seaside.
tip to get a 20% discount on potions, first talk to Uthyni who is located on the farthest dock, at the end. talk to him, then talk to Ulthare, who is inside the first house when you entered the village.
10. When you leave the Seaside Village (stocked up on potions, I hope!), you have the longest walk yet. Use the map of South East Meridell and walk down the plains to where it says 'to Meridell Castle' on the map. This will bring you the Plains of Retreat and Meridell Castle. Use that map now, located here.
11. When you enter the castle, go left until you reach the center of the castle where the grass and fountain are, then go up to where Ramtor is waiting. Here is the Castle of Ramtor map.
12. Ramtor tips:
When you fight him, be at least level 14.
When you cut his hit points in half, he will flee.
He can mesmerize opponents, so this is where those 2 or 3 points spent on magic resistance come in handy. He can hit up to 55hp at any time. Heal with care.
13. Once he flees, go back to where you came in and talk to the guard. He will give you free rest.
14. Head out of the castle and walk around it. ( map of plains of retreat ). Head to Ramtors Tower.
15. Keep walking. And walking. And walking. And walking. Until you get to Ramtor's lovely Castle.
16. When you enter his castle, do not go straight. There are these lovely bars blocking your path causing you to detour. Instead, turn left and head down the stairs. Use the Ramtor Castle Dungeon maps to navigate your way through the first level of the dungeon, and into the second. When you reach the stairs in the second level of the dungeon, they will take you back to the main floor, but on the other side of the bars. Walk to the right, across the room, and up the stairs to where Ramtor awaits you in his tower.
17. Fight Ramtor. Simple as that. Use the same technique you did before when cutting his hp in half, and you'll do fine. Good luck (:
end of chapter 1, meridell! congratulations :)!back to top
thankfully, this chapter is a lot shorter than chapter 1 :D
1. You start in Terror Mountain. Walk to the left. You will see a village. That village is called Chia Oscuro. You won't be able to rest or talk to anyone there, as they are all talking in like
some bizarre language!!
No lie. They are. That's actually part of what this Chapter is about. Score. -.-
2. You need to continue past the village, still heading east, into the damp smelly cave. Map of Terror Mountain Southern Pass.
3. When you reach the Smelly Cave, walk downwards a bit, and fight Lexicamp. He's incredibly easy. Once you defeat him, you'll have the wordstone, which helps you understand what the Chia's are saying. I suggest being level 16 - 20.
4. Head back to Chia Oscuro and you will now be able to understand them! Stock up on potions & rest heading out again, as it is a long way to your next rest point. A really, really, REALLY long way.
5. Map of Terror Mountain Southern Pass. Head to the Caves Of Terror.
6. Navigate through the caves of terror (map)
7. When you exit the caves, you will be in the eastern pass. (map)
Before wandering about, head north until you see the mountain side inn, and pick up Talinia, the 3rd character!
8. Once you've got Talinia, spend her skill points, yadayada you should know how to do this by now (See 'Skills' section for more information.). Head west on the only path you can til you reach Kolvars, this chapters mini-boss. He's lovely. Really. /sarcasm.
9. Kolvars isn't too hard to defeat, but I recommend being level 22 - 24. Watch your health - he doesn't do too much damage at once, but if you aren't careful... (ON THE MAP, KOLVARS = SPIDER)
10. When you defeat Kolvars, move south. You will soon reach a village. The village there is Happy Valley. In Happy Valley, talk to Jualie, about her missing son. Then go find him. Happy Valley map.
11. When you find the son, you get a 25% discount from the traders in Happy Valley. Stock up on potions. Buy 2 or 3 (or more) resurrect potions. Rest if needed.
12. Exit Happy Valley and continue along the eastern pass. (map) until you reach the Adventurers Encampment. speak to Allden for FREE REST. I highly recommend - no it is necessary, to train here. Train up to level 28.
13. When you are level 28, or higher, travel to the lost caves. (go north from the camp, you'll see 'em c:) Personally the LC's are one of the worst parts of this chapter, in my opinion. If you are underlevelled, good freaking luck. Map. When you reach level4, you will come across the Snowager. Talk to him, then leave.
14. When you leave the caves, you'll find yourself on the Peak of TM. Follow the one path you're on up around down wherever - to SCUZZY. The TM boss. Wootwoot.
Be level 28+. You are able to beat him at a lower level, and can if you want (I did), but afterwards you will have a TERRIBLE time in the next chapter, and be underlevelled for a good part of it. This is where the extra hunting comes in really handy (:. As always, watch your health. If you have slow potions, use them, haste potions,use them, damage potions, USE THEM!
Congratulations! You have beaten Chapter 2 (:!back to top
The most crucial and important part to starting this chapter is knowing that you are probably and most likely ALREADY UNDER LEVELLED. Without doing anything, you are underlevelled. You. Yes you. You are underlevelled.
maps = here
1. If you are not in between levels 29-31, you are gonna have fun fun fun levelling for a while :D!
2. You start off in sakhmet city. Don't talk to anybody. Head to the left to leave the city. See those collection of tents? These are the only tents you will need to enter right now.
The yellow roofed tent in the upper right hand corner = inn
Blue roofed tent w/ knife on top = weapons & armor
The yellow roofed tent in the lower left hand corner = potions.
stock up as needed.
3. Leave Sakhmet and head east / northeast . You will arrive at the temple of the sky. Map of Desert.
4. The first 'boss' you will be fighting is Silicast. This is terrible if you are underlevelled. x-x
( map of temple located here )
- be level 30 - 32
- make sure you're full health when you first attack him
- watch your health, as you always should.
- be wary of the monsters on your way to him - they're annoying & can be difficult, as they can attack in groups of 4.
- Silicast can do 44 damage at a time, so keep their HP above 80.
- you may want to haste ( buy haste potions in sakhmet )
- Mipsy's direct damage attacks are easily resisted by him, so are potions.
5. Once you defeat him, use the orb to go back to Sakhmet City. Stock up on more potions & such. Remember - when you defeat mini bosses or bosses, they give you rare items! Equip them or sell them! You should be pro at this by now ;)
7. This is where I had the most trouble in the game - I was under levelled, so if I didn't die on the way TO gerban, he k.o'd me every time. I CANNOT stress this enough. DO NOT BE UNDER LEVELED. GO. FIGHT BACK NEAR SAKHMET. TRUST ME.
- be around level 32 when you fight him.
- if you've trained Mipsy in the ability 'group haste' use it. It'll come in handy here.
- he is resistant to most potions, but don't give up!
- pay close attention to everybodys health.
- haste potions are always good. :) - he can do 77 damage in one hit. be careful.
You're fighting him to obtain part of the medallion of the wind - i.e; what this chapter is all about.
congratulations, you defeated a stupid annoying pharaoh! :D
8. Use the orb back to Sakhmet City. Travel back to the ruined temple (don't worry - you aren't entering it again XD)! The mountains will have moved away, and you can now pass it. map of lost desert.
9. Travel a short distance north to Waset Village, and ohmigiddygosh! You get to pick up Velm! Velmmmm ♥
You're probably thinking - what is Shoe on? Why is she raving about Velm? Trust me. Velm will make your life 100x easier :D
See 'Skills' section for more information.
Velm is located in the tent with the yellow roof. Velm is the red techo c:
Weapons & potions is in the blue & white tent.
You can ignore the other tents for now.
note: You will be able to get a 30% discount on potions after completing the next few steps, so don't go crazy with the potions, you'll be able to stock up later :P
10. Head towards the Palace of the Ancient Kings (map of lost desert). Once you get there, use the palace of the kings maps located here to navigate your way to the revenant.
- He has two sidekicks. I ignored them and concentrated on him - once you beat him, they automatically disappear. If you truly find them that annoying, kill them first.
- level 34 +
- watch health. mipsy's attacks only do half as much now.
- you have VELM! My goodness. Use Velm. Use what your mama gave you ~~~
11. Once you beat him, go to the right. Talk to the missing girl, Lifra, the red uni. Once you talk to her, return to Waset village by using the orb (which takes you outside) located to the left of where the Revenant was.
12. Once back in Waset, talk to her in the top right tent, with the red roof. You must do this - she gives you the secret word that allows you to talk to Bukaru.
13. Go north-west to the Oasis and talk to Bukaru, the hermit. (map of lost desert) He will give you directions, but you don't need to write them down ;P I'll tell you how to get there. However, you still need to talk to him.
14. The piece of medallion is marked on the map of lost desert. It is at the very top to the center. the little blue dot marked 'second piece'. Go to that place, and where the speech usually is will be a dig option. Dig.
15. Move down to the Ruined City of Akhten-Ka (map of city) and navigate your way through it using the maps, to Coltzan's ghost.
16. Beat Coltzan's ghost and move to the barrel behind him to collect the second-last piece of the medallion!
Tips on beating Coltzan:
- be level 36 or higher
- he can heal, but so can you.
- he is very easy.
congratulations...you beat the easiest boss ever ;)
17. Look at the map of lost desert See that red gem? Go to it. Move two spots to the left of it to collect the last piece of the medallion. Next, go to your inventory and check the medallion - if it is not complete, you won't be able to finish!! A completed medallion has no white holey bits :P
18. Go back down past the ruined temple, to the OTHER side of the river (not the sakhmet side) (map of lost desert) to Zakharukh's Pyramid.
19. This was one of the worst parts of the lost desert, this pyramid. You thought those temples had long walks? you ain't seen nothin yet. For petes sake, use the map of the temple here. You will need it. Trustttt me @_@
20. If you manage to make it to the third level without falling asleep, congratulations! This is the final boss for chapter 3 (:
21. Anubits is the final boss. tips:
@_@ I can't even describe.
- heal. haste your group.
- attack. lotss. watch your health!
- be level 37 +
- he can heal. but so can you. so. use your healin powers!!
- you can use potions, too ;)
CONGRATULATIONS :D YOU'VE FINISHED THE MOST TEDIOUS CHAPTER IN NEOQUEST ♥back to top
i actually really enjoyed doing this chapter c:
Maps for this Chapter.
1. You start this lovely chapter in a place called Shadow Gulch. blahblahblah you know the drill. Enter the town & stock your invent. Sell any unwanted items.
2. Go southwards, following the trees. see the shortcut on the map? as much as you may like to take it, you can't. Follow the one path you're on to Von Roo's castle.
3. OPTIONAL: You can enter Von Roo's Castle and defeat Meuka to free him. I did it, and would suggest doing it, for the experience. It is not difficult + he gives you a good weapon. The next few steps are for Von Roo. If you're skipping this part, as it is optional, skip ahead to step 6.
4. Use the map of Von Roo's Castle to get into the basement, then go through the bulding. There is only one possible way to go.
5. Tips for meuka:
- level 39 - 40
- heal. watch your health. blahhblahhblahh you should be good at this by now.
6. If you just beat von roo... orb outside the castle.
If you didn't fight him (shame on you (a)!!!) continue on your walk.
The orb takes you outside the castle, where you'd be if you just continued walking. Continue walking, go through the stenchful swamp (MAP), and into the cave of the dark things.
7. Navigate through the cave of dark things (map) and defeat the spider grundo.
Spider Grundo tips:
- level 42 +
- he can heal. but so can you.
- quite easy and boring. just hurry up and kill him so you can get to the real fun.
9. Exit the cave, and follow the one path you're on southwards. You will eventually arrive into this odd looking bright happy place. The happy fun non-haunted house. Let me say this now - it is not fun. You will see Balthazar, and above him, a path. Talk to balthazar if you want. Go up that path to the house.
10. Use the map here to navigate your way through the first floor, to the second, then back down and into the backyard. Talk to the brain tree. You must talk to him. Stock up from the little potions guy, Augur, you need a full stock (20 of each of these:) healing, corode, and sloth potions. You can also get free rest from him.
11. Exit by going left, then down through that gate. Continue downwards then move to the west of balthazar, to the 4 faeries.
12. Ahh, the four faeries. They strike terror into any NQ2ers heart. Firstly - if you're having trouble don't worry. Do you know how many times I had to try to do this? Well, lots. Because i was underleveled. they are IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT IF YOU ARE EVEN ONE LEVEL LOWER THAN 46. I AM TELLING YOU. IMPOSSIBLE. GO BACK PAST BALTHAZAR AND INTO HUNTING MODE AND LEVEL IF YOU NEED TO. LEVEL 46 IS MY SUGGESTED LEVEL FOR EVEN TRYING TO BEAT THEM. Go hunt. And free rest. It's frustrating I know. But do it.
caps? why yes. makin sure you get it ;).
13, part 1. Ok. Here is what you need.
- Make sure you're level 46 +.
- Have full stock of heal, corrode, and sloth potions.
Haste is a maybe. if you like haste, have ather.
Here's what your going to do:
Start from left to right, so you start with the dark faerie. When you start the game, on your very first turn, throw a slow potion at the water faerie. Why? She is the group healer. Try to keep her slowed at all times. Use Mipsy's group hit on the dark faerie, so that each time you move onto another faerie, they will have lower and lower HP. Talinias Group Arrow hit when possible. When it is Velms turn, group heal. Every time, UNLESS every character is at full health already!!!! Rohane attacks normally. If Talinia isn't doing very much damage, use a corrode potion or another potion that does damage on her turn. All of this attacking the dark faerie. the dark faerie can mesmerize your characters, slow them, and haste her group, but other than that she can't do very much.
if you're dying (you have very low HP) right after you kill one faerie, or before even that, you're underlevelled.
13, part 2. Now for the next faerie, fire.
Firstly, I hope you've been healing everytime it's velms turn! You have? Good. That's what i like to hear (:
The fire faerie can do 56 group damage (max) and 100 damage from her spell, obliterate, to one person at once. This is where spending skill points on defense comes in handy. Remember your handy dandy sloth potions & corrode potions! Slow the faeries! It helps, a lot. And corrode is great. Dark & fire are the easiest of the 4. Group shots for Talinia, and when she doesn't have the group shot, just target the fire faerie. Always group shots for Mipsy. Always. Remember you have heal potions too, so if somebodies health is under 100, you can always heal them with a potion instead of waiting for Velm!!
13, part 3. Waterr faerie time! Her health shouldn't be near full from all the group shots, but if it is, no worries! First, slow her. Use Mipsy's single attack, then group. single, group, single, group. Talinia's group when possible. Always heal for Velm. Corrode potions are helpful! Try to keep her slowed. She is immune to Rohanes stunning strike, sadly, but if your health is full for all characters, and if you have mesmerization, you can try velms mes. on her.
13, part 4. Earth faerie is, my least favorite. Last faerie in the bunch!! Oooo. Not very hard. if you beat the water faerie, you can handle her. Corrode, heal, slow. Velm is a healer for a reason. Ignore group attacks considering there is only one faerie left.
congratulations on beating them. You're now more than halfway done chapter 4! :D!!
14. Once you beat the faeries, walk around them (yes, the ground will now be all haunted woodsy and not happy :P) and use the map here and follow the path (it only goes one way :P). On the way you will see Hubrid Nox's tower. Nox is OPTIONAL. He is annoying and terrible, but if you want the 'full neoquest experience' go ahead and battle his bum. If you don't, skip ahead to step 16
15. Enter his fortress, if you're battling him. the map is on a different page then the other haunted woods maps, and it's located here.
- level 47
- he heals, lots. he is annoying. and dumb. afjdksldajg
- try to keep him slowed, haste your team, heal.
- i honestly can't go more detailed than that. he just stinks.
16. If you skip hubrid, or if you beat him, head east to the goobog, where the final boss for this chapter is located!
17. on the map at the bottom of the maps page(here) you'll see the esophager. walk your little blumaroo self over there and beat him.
- if you're the right level, he is the easiest boss, ever
- level 48+
- he can do around 100hp damage or more, so heal lotss.
- haste your team and slow him.
- being cautious will pay off, but overall he is simple.
congrats! you've beaten chapter 4 of neoquest2! only one chapter to go!back to top
1. You start off this chapter in Faerie Land. Follow the one path you're on to the Northern Watchtower, and stock up on potions. Buy or sell whatever you don't need/need.
2. Exit the tower using the South exit, and follow the red line on the map to the Fallen Angel.
Fallen Angel tips:
- level 49+
- she can heal, mesmorize, and shock.
- relatively easy.
3. Continue past her into the Underclouds (map).
4. Walk through the Underclouds into Cumulonimbus, home of the oh-so-loved Angelpus.
NOTE: This chapter probably has the most walking, but don't fret! Walking through the Underclouds is only the beginning
5. Enter Cumulonimbus, and navigate your way through it ((map). I don't really suggest hunting, because the monsters are plentiful in normal mode, and tedious. Try to flee as little as possible just because the experience will, as always, push you closer to level 60, and make it easier to fight the devil pus located at the exit of Cumulonimbus. There is only one way to get through here.
6. Defeat the angelpus, who is a boss. NOT a monster just roaming around. When you defeat him, and return to the walking around page, you'll get the avatar!
- be level 51+
- he has a critical hit, shockwave, heal, & slowing & stunning strikes.
- he isn't hard, or easy. just average.
- he can hit 100 hp.
- watch your health, attack like crazy.
once you beat him, continue walking. how fun.
7. Continue on in the underclouds (map) until you reach the Village of Cirrus. This next part is crucial, so listen to me. Trust me on this.- REST HERE. if you die after this, YOU WILL END UP AT THE NORTHERN REST TOWER, OR IF YOU DIDN'T REST THERE, THE VERY BEGINNING. I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY. This is the 3rd last resting place, and you have a long way to go. I repeat. REST. HERE!
8. Follow the path out of the underclouds. When you exit, here are the Bionic Cybunnies. Just roam around on normal mode, you'll bump into one eventually. Or if you really want, switch to hunting for a moment. Beat one to obtain the avatar.
(It doesn't matter if it's 1 cybunny + 3 faeries, as long as there is a cybunny.)
9. Continue on the path (there is only one way) and travel to faerie city. This is where it gets incredibley complicated, so if you get lost of confused, don't worry.
10. I'm going to try and explain this as best as I can.
Use the map called 'faerie theif spots'.
See the little place on the map marked entrance? That's where you entered, obviously. Here is what you're going to do.
Step 1 - Go forward, and then right into that doorway. Navigate through all the rooms connected to that in this section of faerie city. See the place circled in red that says 'faerie theifs first hiding spot'?
That is your first goal. When you reach those stairs, go up them. That will take you to faerie theif spot 1 level 1 (map here) Go through all those rooms to the stairs, then you're in faerie theif spot 1 level 2 (map here), walk through all those rooms to the Faerie Theif, whom is your next boss, and probably the most annoying.
Faerie thief tips:
- level 52+
- she has a stunning strike & critical hit. she's quite easy, because you only need to reduce her hp by 1/3 and she'll flee.
congrats so far, i hate this part of nq2.
Step 2 - Walk all the way back down to the faerie city entrance.
step 3 - Back at the entrance, walk to the left and through the doorway to the 2nd hiding spot of the faerie theif. (Map here). Navigate your way through those rooms, (it's quite simple, really.) and down the stairs. That will bring you to faerie theif spot 2 level 2 (basement, acutally.) Again, navigate your way through there, and into the room in the MIDDLE, where the stairs are. take those stairs up, which will bring you the the faerie thief, for a second time. Repeat what you did the first time you faced her, and when her hitpoints are down 2/3, she'll flee.
Step 4 - Use the map of faerie city to walk either through the city, or around it, and to the final battle with the faerie thief. She is located at the very back of the faerie city, and will be waiting for you.
step 5 - defeat her :D
- be level 54+
- she's quite easy, this'll be your third time fighting her, you should know what works and what doesn't.
if you got past that, congratulations! that is just the beginning of the worst part of nq2.
11. Go forward through the gate and into the faerie palace. (map) Follow the red line on the map to get to the stairs. Welcome to the fun place called the faerie palace, that involves an uncanny amount of walking/wandering around.
12. When you go up the stairs, you can get free rest from the faerie right there if needed. You can also hunt here.
13. Use the faerie palace level 2 map to the northeast tower. Use the maps. Go up the stairs and defeat the pant devil, who is easy.
- level 56+
- slow him if you want.
14. Walk back to the starting point and get free rest, then continue to the northwest tower, map, and to the second pant devil. Use the same technique you did for the first one. Once you defeat the second pant devil, return to the healing faerie and give her the keys that you got after defeating the devils. she will combine them.
15. Next, walk to the east wing, to Terask 1. Go up the first set of stairs marked on the map. Once on level 2, go right then down to the next set of stairs. Map. Level 3, get to the stairs. (There is a little red line telling you where to go on the map. When you reach level 4, that is where Terask 1 is.
do not be underlevelled when fighting him, you will die. most definitly (:
be level 57 +
make sure you have spent all your skill points
make sure you have all potions needed.
if you still have fathers sword, use it, if not, that's fine. I beat him without it.
You can't flee. So make sure to use your potions wisely and well.
He doesn't heal as often as Terask 2, but he still heals.
I find he resisted a lot of my potions, and although Mipsy had obliterate it didn't do much damage. if Talinia stuns him, and then it is mipsy's turn, use Obliterate or a Damage Potion and it'll do more damage because he was stunned. If your characters are full health, use Velm's Group Shield to give you a boost, and if Mipsy isn't doing very much damage, use her to haste your group. Even if a character is only missing 50 health, when it is Velm's turn, group heal. Try to slow him before he casts his Shield of Chaos. Mipsy can cast a shield around her group too, which is helpful. Don't give up!
congratulations on beating him!! ♥
16. Orb out of the eastwing, and walk back to the healing faerie. Get free rest.
18. When you get to level 3, walk to the last potion trader, Lyra, and stock up on EVERYTHING. Make sure you have a full inventory of every potion.
19. If you aren't level 60, walk around in hunting mode (walk to the right of Lyra, not left) and hunt. Be careful not to die! Make sure you reach level 60 - the maximum level. Go back to Lyra and replenish your stock of potions.
20. Go through Lyra's room and out the north exit, along the path, and up the stairs leading to Terask 2.
20 and 1/2. Equip Father's Sword if you still have it, if not, use your best weapon.
21. When you go up the stairs, just walk. Terask2 will attack you at the end of the room.
the final boss guide!
- if you still have the fathers sword, use it, if not, doesn't matter. I, and many others beat it without the original sword.
- be level 60.
- go into the fight with full health.
- try to keep him slowed as much as possible!
- Velm is crucial to this fight. Group heal. Group shield. Heal. Heal. HEAL.
- Remember, you can heal with potions too. Don't always wait for Velm's turn.
- This is a long battle, so be careful and patient.
- If he puts up his chaos shield, no worries. Keep attacking and healing. After a few turns, test his shield by letting mipsy throw a LOW attack potion (one that does under 100 damage) to test it. if it does damage, you can use your damage potions again - if not, continue on.
- When he is stunned from a hit, try to always use a damage potion that does more than 100 damage! Or if you have run out, use mipsy's obliterate!
- Mipsy's attacks are basically useless against him. Try to use the potions on her turn, or haste the group. Hasting. is. good!
- Try to haste your characters as much as possible. It gives them more turns to attack Terask.
- good luck!
If you managed to get through all of that, you will have earned a trophy, 10,000 neopoints, and one of the following items!!
Rohane's armour polish (multiple use)
Mipsy's charm bracelet (multiple use)
Talinias Whittling Knife (multiple use)
Velm's healing potion (once/battle)
congratulations! You have beaten neoquest 2!!back to top
My inbox is always open, so feel free to neomail me here with any questions, comments, corrections, or feedback! It's much appreciated c:
Thank you to TJ, even though you will probably never read this - you were my inspiration for this guide, and nobody will ever replace you (:
& Thanks everybody who provided me with information, comments, and feedback! I appreciate it :D back to top
NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2013.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions