Hello, and welcome to Lunar's official member webbie
! Here you will find some expanded information on the guild's rules and ranks, along with a guide on where to get started as a new member of Lunar.
As you probably know by now, Lunar was created in September 2012 by Lauren, Jeni and Bee. Within a few days, Lunar had over 10 wonderful members and membership only increased from there. Lunar would be nothing without all of our wonderful pre-joiners, and we thank you for all you've done to help!
Lunar was designed to be a guild that focuses on both chatting and account improvement. As long as you have goals for your account and are willing to work for them, you are right where you belong :)
Many of our pages are still in the process of being created, but for now here is a link to the portal so you can click around and see what is completed.
Neomail Bee if you have any suggestions for this page or an idea of what else should be added!
We don't have a lot of rules in Lunar, but the ones we have are very important
. Make sure you read these and keep them in mind when you're posting in the guild or on the advertising board.
1. Be respectful! - Please don't insult anyone or put anyone down. If someone is bothering you, be sure to take the discussion to neomail or tell an owner what's going on. We're here to help keep Lunar a positive place, so we want to know about anyone that is not treating others properly.
2. Stay Active! - Please post a minimum of once a week, ideally much more often than that. To get the most out of Lunar and improving your account, you'll want to be talking with other members who can lend you items or pets, give you tips on a game, or link you to guides on buying stamps or neodeck cards. We're a very friendly group of people, and we want to get to know you!
3. Be Literate! - When you post on the guild board, make sure you type using proper capitalization and punctuation. Do your best to keep chatspeak and slang out of your posts. The occasional slip of an 'lol' or 'omg' is not going to get you kicked from the guild, but try and avoid them. Smileys are perfectly acceptable, though c:
: This is the default rank
when you join. Make sure to look at the new members section on this webbie so you can get started!
Comet: This is the next rank up! Once you post over 500 posts and gain 2 (figure out names for them!).
Nebula: This is a rank you get when you've posted over 1200 posts, gained 3 awards, and helped out the guild in some way!
Supernova: You are sky high! With over 2000 posts, 4 awards and a page for the guild, you sure have proven yourself!
Galaxy: This rank is for owners! Do you feel like you can make graphics, interact and help with Lunar's members, as well as create content and events? Mail the current owners to see if there is an opening for you!
For the most part, the owners are very good about moving you up when you meet the requirements. However, if it has been 24 hours and we still haven't changed your rank, neomail Lauren, Jeni or Bee and we'll move you up shortly!
So, you've just joined Lunar? First of all, welcome
! We're so excited to have you and we hope you're just as excited. Now that you've joined there are a few things that you need to do in order to get the most out of Lunar and the things we have to offer.
1. Make sure you turn on guild mailings. If you're not sure if yours are on, go here and make sure that the box for Enabling Guild Mailings is checked. We don't send mailers out often, but the ones we do send will be important!
2. Post on the guild board (here) and introduce yourself! I'd suggest making a quick post with your name, where you heard about Lunar and why you decided to join. There are of course lots of other things you can add too, like your age, one thing you want to improve about your account, how long you've been on neo, etc. We're all very chatty, so you can expect a warm welcome shortly after posting.
3. Familiarize yourself with the usernames lauren22x3, twistandshoutbaby, and bobbikat. These are Lunar's three owners, Lauren, Jeni and Bee! If you ever need anything, feel free to message one of us. We are here to help you guys be successful!
4. As a member of Lunar, you will need a portfolio petpage. This consists of some information about you, your neopets history, goals you have, avatars you need, dream pets, wishlist, etc. You can really put anything you want! It's a way for you to organize the goals you have for your account and then things you would like to accomplish. You can use any layout you'd like, we're not picky. For a few examples, you can look at Bee's, Jeni's, or Lauren's portfolios. Shortly after joining Lunar, you should start on your portfolio. Look for a layout, jot down a few goals or ideas and reserve a page for it. Whether or not you want to finish it right away is up to you, but for now, move on to number 5!
5. Go and take a look at the member directory. First, feel free to browse through and read about some of Lunar's current members. After you've looked around, go back to the welcome page and copy the blank form. Paste it in a neomail to Bee, fill it out and submit! The more members in the directory, the more useful it is as a resource. Note: If you haven't finished your portfolio yet, that's fine! You can leave that line blank and neomail the link in later when you're finished.
6. Go to the Awards page and pick up the award for your rank, Star. These awards go on your portfolio, but if you don't have one yet you can stick it on your userlookup for safe keeping :)
Congratulations, you've completed all the required steps for new Lunar members! The following links are just suggestions on what to do next.
- Submit your answers for the activities (activities will be up after grand opening!)
- Looking for a new permie, or have a pet you'd like to adopt out? Check out Lunar's Adoption Agency, which is hosted by Meg!
- Still working on getting item/pet avatars, or have something to lend? Go to our Avatar Lending Page!
- Want to show some Lunar pride? Check out our graphics and fonts pages, hosted by --- and Judy!
- Want to know what sorts of cool things have been happening in the guild? Check out the newsfeed and events pages, hosted by Jen!