WelcomeWelcome to The Tea Room guild website. We are a Neopets related chat-based guild where friendships are built while we all enjoy the game. A cozy home away from home where you can chat about avatar collecting, restocking, your dailies, work, school, etc. Please read all the pages and bookmark this page for future use!
RanksThe Tea Room is a chat-based guild. We look for long-term membership where friendship can be built. Ranks are not our main priority and because we value long-term members, it might seem a bit difficult to move up. It mainly requires time, patience, and lots of chatter.
Rank names are subject to change, but the requirements remain the same.
|Tea Cup||Milk||Honey||Biscuit||Green Tea|
|This rank is the default rank||250 posts||500 posts||1000 posts||2500 posts|
General RulesAs in every guild, we also have rules to follow. But fear not, they are very simple.
- Be respectful and courteous to all members - This is pretty self-explanatory. Treat others the same way you would like to be treated.
- No Chatspeak - Chat Speak is not permitted in The Tea Room. Our members come from various places around the globe and English may not be their first language. However, we won't rake you over the coals for using 'lol' once in a while.
- Follow the T&C - Abide by all of TNT's terms and conditions. Failure to do so may get you escorted out of The Tea Room.
- Stay active - We all have lives outside of Neopets. Even so, we would appreciate it if you could post at least once a month. If you are going to be away from the guild due to a hiatus or real life, post it on the guild calendar or inform a staff member. This will ensure we don't escort you from The Tea Room by mistake.
- Legible font - Please double check your font and make sure your neoHTML is legible to others. If you are unsure whether your font is good or not, you can post on the ad board or submit a screenshot.
If you are going away on hiatus, please be aware that we only allow breaks up to 3 months. We feel that time longer than that means a change that does not include Neopets. However, you are welcome to rejoin when you do become active once again.
Punishment for rule-breaking depends on the severity and on a case by case basis. Please note that the following will have you booted immediately from The Tea Room:
- Scamming - Scamming another guild member and/or others outside of the guild is a big no-no. We want The Tea Room to be a safe haven for all.
- Harassment - Any sort of harassment at The Tea Room or outside The Tea Room by guild members is not tolerated.
Code of Chatter.As many of you know, we have members from all around the world. In saying that, English may not be their first language. So to avoid confusion and to make conversing easier for everyone, we have literacy rules.
- Chatspeak - Refrain from using too much chatspeak. Not only is it difficult to decipher, it's confusing and makes Val's eye twitch. Now we won't rake you over the coals for using 'lol' once in a while. But please for the sake of Val's eyeball.. refrain from the rest. Smilies are fine in moderation.
- Typos - Sometimes, spellcheck is your best friend. We recommend getting it for your browser if you do not have it already. Making mistakes once in a while is alright. However, if your entire post is littered with errors, it may make it difficult to read and respond to.
- Capitalization - You are a very important person! Yes, you! So in saying that, it's only proper to capitalize 'I' when you speak about yourself. Please also keep in mind to use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Spam - Please refrain from posting more than three messages consecutively without response from anyone. While talking to yourself may be one of your favorite pastimes, it may keep the board monitors busy deleting your spam messages. :(
- Family values - We are one big family at The Tea Room. So when someone says something, it's not very nice to over look what they say. It not only feels bad for the person being ignored, but it sends a bad message. Everyone matters and we must make a point in making that known. If you are feeling ignored on the boards, simply post *pumpkin*. We don't want any member of our family feeling left out.
- Length - The boards can move quickly at times. Responding to more than one person in your post will not only slow the boards down a bit, but will also prevent many posts in a row which we consider spam. Try to keep your posts a minimum of two sentences. If you're having trouble extending your sentences, don't be afraid to get creative. Just make sure it's not gibberish (;
If any of these literacy rules are broken, you will be warned up to three times, depending on the severity. After the 3rd strike, you will be suspended for 3 days from the message boards.
Preview and StatsIf you would like to take a look at our current stats and layout, here is a small preview of what we look like on the inside.
Page Views: 365
Last updated: November 6, 2016
Last inactive member sweep: None Yet!
TNT periodically removes thousands of posts, so the post count listed is not 100% accurate!
Inactive Member Sweeps.In order to maintain a community of active Neopians, we will be conducting inactive member sweeps the first of every month. If you know you will be gone for a long period of time, please shoot any staff member a neomail. This way we'll know not to delete you during the inactive member sweep.
Remember, we will not neomail you to remind you to be active. As a member of the guild, it is up to you to remain active.
All you have to do is post at least once a month. Pretty easy, eh?
If you are deleted during a member sweep by mistake or due to inactivity and wish to return once you feel you are active, feel free to neomail any staff member for another invitation unless the guild is made public.
ContactIf you have any questions not answered on this page, please neomail one of the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Before neomailing us with your questions, please read this section because your question may already be answered here.
Q: Can I join on my side account?
A: Sure! Please just keep in mind that inactive members will be removed once a month.
Q: Can I run a guild page?
A: We are very open to members running pages they enjoy or suggesting new pages so long as they are council approved. Please neomail Val for approval first.
1NP Auctions1NP Auctions are hosted by Val for all members of the guild. The items range from all sorts of categories. There are only two rules that must be followed:
1. You must have 25+ posts to participate.
2. Be considerate of others and only pick one item at a time per round.
Auctions are hosted a few times per week. Once you have gained 25 posts, shoot Val a neofriend request. Happy bidding!