WelcomeHi! Welcome to The Coffee House's information page. The Coffee House is a well established, 18+, neo-related guild. Our guild is community oriented. We go out of our way to make sure our members are happy and comfortable. TCH abides by all of TNT's rules. There are no prizes! Instead, our members are rewarded with praise, graphics, and rank changes. We hold monthly events, play contest-free board games, and love to just relax, having fun and mature conversations with our members.
Petition For An ExceptionFrom time to time, we will make exceptions for some applicants. We will only make exceptions for the account stats. Exceptions will not be made for the age, main account only rule, or account age requirements. We will limit the exceptions to 5 applicants per month. If you are interested in joining but do not meet the account stat requirements, please submit this form along with your application.
Please fill out the application as best as you can. If it looks empty or done without much thought, you will be rejected. We do not have to make an exception for you.
If we have already made our monthly 5 exceptions, you will be added to our waiting list and will receive an invitation to TCH on the 1st of the following month. If you are in a guild at the time of us checking, you will not be sent an invitation because we will assume you have changed your mind and found a guild.
- Why do you not meet the account stat requirements?
- Do you plan on meeting two of the listed requirements any time soon? When? Give us estimated dates.
- Why should we make an exception for you over any other applicant?
Our RequirementsApplicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for an invitation.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Is joining on a main account (we are not accepting side accounts!)
- The account is 1 month or older
- Must be an active Neopets player. The Coffee House is not a place to let your account rot. Therefore, you must meet two of the following:
2 customised Neopets (eg. Painted)
Size 25+ Habitarium
Size 25+ Shop
Size 25+ Gallery
10+ game/site trophies
50+ neodeck cards
200+ games played
5+ pages of NC in NC Album
200+ HSD (BD pets)
If you need an exception made for the active account requirement (last bullet point), please look here.
RanksThe Coffee House is mostly a chat-based guild. We look for long-term membership where friendship can be built. Ranks are not our main priority and because we value long-term members, it might seem a bit difficult to move up. It mainly requires time, patience, and some participation.
Rank names are subject to change, but the requirements remain the same.
|Friendly face||ordering||getting refills||using wireless||living|
|This rank is the default rank||500 posts||1000 posts||1500 posts||Reserved for sub-council|
|2 guild trophies||4 guild trophies||6 guild trophies|
|3 weeks in TCH||3 months in TCH||6 months in TCH|
General RulesAs in every guild, we also have rules to follow. But fear not, they are very simple.
- Be respectful and courteous to all members - This is pretty self-explanatory. Treat others the same way you would like to be treated.
- No Chatspeak - Chat Speak is not permitted in The Coffee House. Our members come from various places around the globe and English may not be their first language. However, we won't rake you over the coals for using 'lol' once in a while.
- Follow the T&C - Abide by all of TNT's terms and conditions. Failure to do so may get you escorted out of The Coffee House.
- Stay active - We all have lives outside of Neopets. Even so, we would appreciate it if you could post at least 10 posts a month (failure to post this amount will have you removed from TCH). If you are going to be away from the guild longer than that due to a hiatus or real life, post it on the guild calendar or inform a staff member. This will ensure we don't escort you from The Coffee House by mistake.
- Legible font - Please double check your font and make sure your neoHTML is legible to others. If you are unsure whether your font is good or not, you can post on the ad board or submit a screenshot.
We do require that new members have a minimum of 50 posts within the first month of membership and then 10 posts a month after that.
If you are going away on hiatus, please be aware that we only allow breaks up to 3 months. We feel that time longer than that means a change that does not include Neopets. However, you are welcome to rejoin when you do become active once again.
If you have an illegible font at any point of your membership in the guild, you will be asked to change it. If after multiple attempts have been made and successful change has not occurred, you will receive a warning.
Punishment for rule-breaking depends on the severity and on a case by case basis. Please note that the following will have you booted immediately from TCH:
- Scamming - Scamming another guild member and/or others outside of the guild is a big no-no. We want TCH to be a safe haven for all.
- Harassment - Any sort of harassment at TCH or outside TCH by guild members is not tolerated.
Code of Chatter.As many of you know, we have members from all around the world. In saying that, English may not be their first language. So to avoid confusion and to make conversing easier for everyone, we have literacy rules.
- Chatspeak - Refrain from using chatspeak. Not only is it difficult to decipher, it's confusing and makes Val's eye twitch. Now we won't rake you over the coals for using 'lol' once in a while. But please for the sake of Val's eyeball.. Refrain from the rest. Smilies are fine in moderation.
- Typos - Sometimes, spellcheck is your best friend. We recommend getting it for your browser if you do not have it already. Making mistakes once in a while is alright. However, if your entire post is littered with errors, it may make it difficult to read and respond to.
- Capitalization - You are a very important person! Yes, you! So in saying that, it's only proper to capitalize 'I' when you speak about yourself. Please also keep in mind to use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Spam - Please refrain from posting more than three messages consecutively without response from anyone. While talking to yourself may be one of your favorite pastimes, it may keep the board monitors busy deleting your spam messages. :(
- Family values - We are one big family at The Coffee House. So when someone says something, it's not very nice to over look what they say. It not only feels bad for the person being ignored, but it sends a bad message. Everyone matters and we must make a point in making that known. If you are feeling ignored on the boards, simply post *pumpkin*. We don't want any member of our family feeling left out.
- Length - The boards can move quickly at times. Responding to more than one person in your post will not only slow the boards down a bit, but will also prevent many posts in a row which we consider spam. Try to keep your posts a minimum of two sentences. If you're having trouble extending your sentences, don't be afraid to get creative. Just make sure it's not gibberish (;
If any of these literacy rules are broken, you will be warned up to three times, depending on the severity. After the 3rd strike, you will be suspended for 3 days from the message boards.
Preview and StatsIf you would like to take a look at our current stats and layout, here is a small preview of what we look like on the inside.
Page Views: 1754989
Last updated: April 13, 2014 @ 12:30PM NST
Last inactive member sweep: March 24, 2014
TNT periodically removes thousands of posts, so the post count listed is not 100% accurate!
Inactive Member Sweeps.In order to maintain a community of active Neopians, we will be conducting inactive member sweeps the first of every month. If you know you will be gone for a long period of time, please shoot any staff member a neomail. This way we'll know not to delete you during the inactive member sweep.
Remember, we will not neomail you; however, we will put a notice on the guild front page and guild calendar for all to see a few days prior to the date set.
We require that new members post a minimum of 50 posts their first month in the guild. Members that have been in the guild for more than a month with less than 50 posts will be removed when it comes to the inactive member sweep. Members who have posted less than 10 posts after their first month of membership will also be removed.
If you are deleted during a member sweep by mistake or due to inactivity and wish to return once you feel you are active, feel free to neomail any staff member for another invitation.
Have you read the rules?In order to ensure all of our members thoroughly know the rules, we have provided a simple quiz that you must send in with your application. The quiz is simple enough, and very short. Failure to submit the quiz will delay your application review or have your application rejected completely!
- What makes Val's eye twitch?
- What is your best friend?
- What should the length of posts be?
- What type of account should you join with?
- How often must you post in order to remain in the guild?
- What two things will automatically have you removed from the guild?
- If you are feeling ignored, what should you post with?
ApplicationDon't be afraid of sending multiple neomails or if you'd prefer, you can slap it all on a petpage and neomail us the link. A layout is not necessary; we are looking for content. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Please answer all of the questions and fill out the sections accordingly. Don't forget the rules quiz and the exception form (if it applies to you)!
*** Please answer all questions thoroughly. We want thought-out answers. Applications sent without the quiz will be rejected automatically. ***
Current Response Time: No longer than 1 day.
- Account Age:
- Spare Accounts:
- Timezone: (+hours or -hours in relevance to NST, please!)
- Neopets goals:
- Give us a small blurb about yourself. What are some of your hobbies on Neo? Hobbies outside of Neo?
- Which of the two active player requirements do you meet?
- Why are you interested in joining The Coffee House?
- Anything extra you'd like to share?
ContactIf you have any questions or would like to submit your application, please neomail one of the following:
|Val -- You must submit your application to this person if you are petitioning for an exception.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before neomailing us with your questions, please read this section because your question may already be answered here.
Q: Can I join if I'm younger than 18?
A: I'm sorry, but we are strictly an 18+ guild and do not make age exceptions.
Q: What if I'm rebuilding and my account is brand new?
A: You must petition for an exception when you apply. However, we only limit this to five per month. If you apply after we have made our monthly five exceptions, you will be added to the waiting list. As with the age requirement exception, please make sure you put a lot of thought into your application. Failure to do so will have your application rejected.
Friends of TCHIf The Coffee House isn't a good fit for you, you don't meet the requirements, or what have you, feel free to check these guilds out! We highly recommend these to anyone.
|The Neo Project||Neopets Related & Account improvement||Guild Website|