Welcome to Behind the Layout, also known as BTL or simply Beetle! My name is Emma, and I've been running Beetle since August 2014. Here I hope to provide you with what you need to make your corners of Neopets look exactly how you want them, whether by using (or editing) one of my premade layouts or following a tutorial to create your own. Everything here is designed for your benefit; please feel free to take it, change it, frankenstein a completely new creation out of it - it's all there to be used!
Beetle is eternally in motion with new sections being added and new premades being premade. If there is something you would like me to cover or clarify in any section, or something new you'd like to see, please let me know!
- + Userlookups: 6 new Lonely Is The Night userlookups added.
- This week's focus in on the Resources section, starting with a bit of a tidy. The dark and light backgrounds have been grouped into greyscale, and I've got rid of the recoloured section.
- + Section: Colour palettes, currently with 13 palettes to choose from.
- + Section: Image palettes, where an image is colour picked to form a matching palette. Currently 5 palettes to choose from.
- + Backgrounds: 20 new backgrounds added, mostly to the coloured background section but a couple to greyscale.
- + Userlookups: 3 new Rule The World userlookups added.
- + Lister: Beetle is now listed at Trudial's Coding Help.
- - Links: Did a quick link sweep of recommended sites, affies and listers and removed closed sites.
- I am BACK from a (rather too long) UNEXPECTED HIATUS. I'm not going to lie to you; I don't know that I will be able to be as active on Beetle as I have been. But Beetle is not abandoned! Everything that was available is still available, and new things will (hopefully) appear as and when I have the time.
- Requests are closed for the time being until I can get my feet back underneath me. Old requests have been cleared because I lost the notes I was working on; if you did have a request you sent in, please do resend and I will put that together for you.
That being said, please be respectful of any content used in the tutorials or premades from other sites; if they ask you to credit, then you must credit.
Please give me a few days to respond, but if you think I haven't seen your neomail then feel free to resend.
- All My Pets style userlookup tutorial with the pets in a sidebar rather than across the top.
All requested tutorials and any layouts added to the premade sections of Beetle are free for anyone to use. Any one off requests put up here such as bug fixes or individual layouts are for sole use of the requester, and will be removed once they have been picked up. I do not keep the code for these, so please make sure you have it somewhere safe!
If you've made something using one of Beetle's tutorials, I'd love to see; send me a neomail and I'll feature your layout in the Hall of Fame.
Buttons link back to their creators
- Background from Teacake Backgrounds
- Dividers, neomail icon and bullets from The Lunch Box
- Request status sign from Bedazzled
- Link back buttons from: