Welcome to the Mousehole.This page is where I keep the list of my current foster pets and where you can find my adoption rules. I'm part of The Official Neopian Orphanage, whose mission is to free as many pets as possible from loneliness and unhappiness. We adopt pets from the pound and paint or zap them before finding them loving, permanent homes with a new owner.
To learn more about fostering, or if you are interested in learning how to become a foster owner yourself, click here.
Pets up for Adoption
- Send adoption applications to _mousewings_ via neomail. You may include as much or as little information as you want, but the more that you include the more likely I am to consider you for ownership (a good guide of the sort of content that I find useful can be found on petpages such as this or this) . When I acknowledge your request, you will know that I have received it and whether I am considering you for the transfer.
I am most likely to consider owners who clearly take good care of their pets. This includes things like having painted or trained them, having read them books, or having given them a petpet, as well as having given them good descriptions or customised their lookups or petpages. I will not consider owners whose pets are unhappy or sick.
- If you plan to make a petpage application, please neomail me to tell me so, so that I can list you as an applicant. Petpage applications are very much appreciated, as they have the space and allow more variety of content that can tell me a great deal about who you are as a person as well as an owner. I don't require anything in terms of a webpage more than a basic text page or a precoded CSS format, and, indeed, I don't want you to spend weeks of your life coding a masterpiece just to apply for one of my pets. It's fine if you enjoy that sort of thing, but a simple page won't damage your chances in the slightest. It's content that I'm after.
- When you apply for ownership of my foster pet, please put somewhere in your application or on your userlookup the Pledge of Good Ownership:
If I am chosen, I, (your name) , pledge to be the best owner I can be for my new Neopet, (pet's name). I understand all the sadness that he/she has already been through, and so I will provide everything he/she needs to be happy. I promise to be a friend to my new Neopet and never ever ever put him/her through the pain of neglect or abandonment again.
- You may not request to adopt if your account is less than four months old, as you may not be able to receive pets of certain colors. You may also not request if you have four pets already - it is unfair to disown a pet just to adopt a new one.
- Please do not transfer one of your pets between accounts prior to applying or adopting. It's better that the pet is transferred to you safely so that you can swap your pets around later rather than risking losing him or her in the pound.
- Please do not apply for one of my foster pets in order to trade it later! Anyone who does this will be blacklisted and will not be accepted for adoption again. Pets are priceless!
Because I train and paint my foster pets through use of the lab ray, and use it every day, if you want to adopt the pet in its present form it is important that you neomail me as soon as you have made the decision. Otherwise, the random nature of the lab ray may completely transform a pet who is exactly the way you want him. If you would rather the pet had a different (nonspecific) form and I had already approved your application, it is up to you to inform me of when you are happy with the pet's appearance and are ready to adopt him.
Although I give all of my foster pets personalities and descriptions, these are only guidelines that you do not have to follow. If you have a different personality or background in mind for a pet, feel free to use it. Just keep in mind that I have been an owner of these fosters, too, and so I've grown attached to them and my image of them.
Often I will give petpets to my fosters if I find one that matches them and their personality. Unless you have a different petpet in mind for the foster you are applying to own, the petpet will go with them on the transfer. The petpets that I attach to my fosters are seldom valuable, so I don't mind if you detach them later in order to substitute a new one.