Grey: Hot or Not?
NEOPIA CENTRAL - I'm sure many of Neopians out there have noticed the newest addition
to the paint brush collection--drum roll, please--the grey paint brush! Now, some
of you might be thinking to yourselves Gross! Grey
is so BLAND and BORING, but this fellow writer *ahem* is here to give you
50 reasonable explanations why you, after finishing this article, should buy one!
After being "officially" released on the New Features board on April 9th, the
grey paint brush was a complete hit, both able to express style and wealth to
whomever owned one. Practically everyone rushed to get one, somewhere and somehow!
However, price was an issue for many of us whose pockets were little less filled
*glances at her empty piggy bank*. Ranging from millions to not even buyable
at all, this paint brush is a classic symbol of power and over-the-top Neo-extremes.
Anyone with a pet painted this color is immediately seen as rich and classy.
Plus, it's only available in few species! This, my friends, is a hot item you
won't want to be seen without.
NOW, you may be asking yourself, Why bother saving up for months to get
one?! Well, there are PLENTY of perks to enjoy from grey! C'mon, this is
what this whole articles about. So, here are my 50 reasons why you should save
up your Neopoints in order to buy this (literally) one-in-a-million brush of
1) Grey is an original calmer -- I mean, who wants to go blind whenever they
look at their pet?
2) After losing in the Battledome or being neglected, your pet won't seem sad
or hurt. It'll already look that way!
3) According to color experts, grey expresses class, sophistication, and security.
4) Depression is so in right now.
5) It is the only paint brush that droops.
6) It's better than being stuck in a holiday... C'mon, do you really want only
ONE DAY where your pet looks the part? Don't go with Christmas or Halloween.
Go with grey!
7) You'll have a feeling of pride that you had the discipline to save up millions
of Neopoints. I'll be so proud of you too. *tear*
8) You can get grey merchandise to match. (like plants, petpets, food, furniture,
9) The drab, grey avatar can be yours for your collection!! YES!
10) There are a limited number of pets available for it.. guaranteed to make
you feel even more special.
11) It rhymes with play.
12) Grey is a very simple word to spell... unlike Maraquan or Tyrannian.
13) You can dress your pet up like the grey faerie and role play. O__o;
14) Your pet won't need any commitment to acting a certain way. Nothing shockingly
happy or shockingly angry.
15) Grey is irregularly spelled...? G-R-E-Y, not G-R-A-Y!
16) It's incredibly UNIQUE and FUNKY... even more so than the disco fever paint
17) You will give some kind person A LOT of money (they'll thank you for it).
18) Grey's a neutral color... ANYTHING will look good on a grey pet!
19) It's the color old people's hair turns!
20) Your pet will be famous and admired.
21) It rhymes with hay.
22) Grey's a mix of black and white, very powerful, useful colors... it's the
best of both.
23) That warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you go to the Rainbow Pool will last
24) You can use the grey paint brush as a spatula as well.
25) You and your pet can exchange feelings when both of you are depressed.
26) Face it, it's better than melting like snow.
27) It's the color of rain clouds. Why have a cloud pet when you can have a
rain cloud pet? Plus, the cirrus looks just like one!
28) The grey paint brush makes a perfect gift to a Neofriend.
29) Put some strings on it and make it a ukulele.
30) It's picture is easily printed out without using all of that expensive
31) It rhymes with a lot of things: Buy grey today! Catchy, eh?
32) Since it's a lot of Neopoints, you won't have to beat down any innocent
Neopians to make your offer.
33) Uhhh.. it's special - Rarity 101 *cough*
34) OMG! It's like only a little over two million!!! (Get it while it's low
35) If your pet is up for a big part in the Neoschool play, they won't even
need stage make-up to cry! It'll already be there.
36) It's better than constantly needing a tissue to wipe yourself off with
37) Every wanted to be in the black and white olden films? Well, now you can!
One simple brush stroke with the grey paint brush gives you that old, grey movie
38) It's great for all ages!! Your pet doesn't have to have a mid-life crisis
or be in his/her teen years to be depressed.
39) It could also be used as a Battledome weapon. Beat down Punchbag Bob with
40) The grey paint brush can easily be transformed into a toothbrush! Just
take off the grey part (unless you want grey teeth.. sort of creepy).
41) It rhymes with YAY!
42) The grey paint brush stays patient if you want to put it away for safekeeping.
43) Did I mention you can get the Grey avatar?
44) Even if you don't want a grey paint brush, you can always go for the grey
PETPET paint brush. Pretty neat, huh?
45) Your grey pet can be both delighted and sad at the same time.
46) It's better than being able to be eaten like jelly.. whenever you get hungry,
you might accidentally eat your own pet. Devastating!
47) Travel-size for your convenience.
48) Sick of hearing, "EEH!! HAPPY!! HAPPY!!! HAPPY!!! IM SO HAPPY!"? Well,
the grey paint brush is too. That's why it's here. You can block out those annoying
49) Use it to ward off those evil leprechauns and their evil rainbows! *roar*
50) GREY simply rocks!
And that concludes the greyness.. I'm sure you're sick of hearing the word
grey. Grey, grey, grey, grey, grey. But, hear it one more time when you go out
and buy one! Never feel restrained by money or popularity. Buy something because
you like it, not because this fellow *cough* WEIRD *cough* Neopian said so.
Don't be afraid of saving up... be afraid of not making the effort to buy items
before they're gone! I hope this article has changed your perspective on what's
hot and what's not. Certainly, now you can see that GREY is definitely HOT!!