ACA: Altador Cup Addictions
During the last year’s Altador Cup, we received an alarmingly high number of patients, suffering from severe cases of Altador Cup Addiction. The term is used to describe the state of fellow Neopians who seem to have modified their priorities towards the championship, neglecting some of their primary needs.
The guide aims to help addicts, before the symptoms come to surface during this year's Altador Cup, presenting to you 60 and 2 ways to know if you're addicted.
At any break of your Altador cup games, read this guide carefully. Sit back and relax, while drinking a cup of coffee.
You know you are addicted to Altador Cup when...:
1. ...ten out of twenty four hours of the day are marked in your calendar, because you need that much time to become an All-Star
2. ...you keep refreshing at the games page to see if your wins were recorded
3. ...you stay up during wild hours in the night -or wake up too early- just to check if your team won
4. ...you forget to get your free daily omelette, for the sake of one more Yooyuball win
5. ...your user lookup, petpages, avatar and siggy are full of team-supportive phrases and graphics
6. ...you haven't earned any neopoints, since the beginning of the cup, nor are you planning to
7. ...you start commentating every game you play in a commentator's voice
8. ...you return after a year's hiatus, just to participate in the Cup
9. ...you've painted all your Neohome's walls in your team's colors
10. ...you know most teams' slogans by heart
11. ...you start seeing random yelling people with that screaming Techo's head
12. ...you plan an invasion to Krawk Island -or Roo Island- after its team swept yours
13. ...you punish your Darigan painted Neopets, every time you fail to score with the Darigan Yooyu
14. ...you vow to yourself not to check the boards until you've gotten a certain amount of wins, so you don't get distracted
15. ...you actually believe that a conspiracy led the Kiko Lake team out of Altador Cup IV
16. ...you get nightmares about Darigan Yooyus
17. ...you take a break from 'Yooyuball' to 'Make Some Noise'
18. ...you're laughing and nodding, while reading this article
19. ...you create new pets and name them after your team's players
20. ...you call a freeloader everyone who gets less than 100 wins a day
21. ...your goal-per-game average is almost thirteen
22. ...you start feeling sorry about the Clockwork Yooyus
23. ...your hands feel like jelly -which by the way doesn't exist
24. ...you already know what prizes you are getting -even if they are not out yet
25. ...you know the order of the materials the Ranking shields are made of
26. ...you keep pestering your teammates to stop chatting and get back to play
27. ...you whisper 'Plaaaaaaay baaaaall!' just before you start the game
28. ...'Marathon' is your new favourite word
29. ...you start whining over anything but winning
30. ...you can practice against the practice team
31. ...you start thinking the opposing team's goalie is out to get you
32. ...you make up a dance to do each time you score
33. ...you wonder why physics rules don't apply to Yooyuball
34. ...you can tell which member of TNT supports which team
35. ...you purposefully throw Clockwork Yooyus at the players of the opposing team, just before they explode
36. ...you see the sun rise... for the third time in a row
37. ...you scream because you 'only' won 10-0
38. ...you think Super goalie is back just because you can't score
39. ...it's 1 am, and you are still on your 200th win
40. ...you keep shouting at the players in field by their names, if they miss a goal
41. ...you have a copy of the match schedule, because you find it handy
42. ...your free time is called 'Real life'
43. ...you plan the rest of your time to fit around Altador Cup's schedule, not plan Altador cup's schedule to fit the rest of your time
44. ...you know every possible glitch and refrain from abusing it
45. ...you can tell the standings for all the teams off by heart, at any point of the duration of the Cup
46. ...you realize that the time for a Clockwork Yooyu to explode is random every time
47. ...you can, by yourself, increase your player's rank in the Top Scorers List
48. ...you've received a bill by the Altador Cup Officials for each Clockwork Yooyu you've destroyed
49. ...calculating goals and finding averages is your new hobby
50. ...pencil and paper-for calculations- are your new best friends
51. ...you currently hate slushies and you have no idea why
52. ...you know every player that had a transcription, since Altador Cup I.
53. ...you spend a bunch of neopoints customizing your pet for the Cup
54. ...you can't help but collect ALL team souvenirs
55. ...you scream along with the MSN Techo to increase your score
56. ...you keep posting your whole status on the boards and keep refreshing until you see someone exclaim 'Wow!'
57. ...you don't score 16-0's on purpose, because you know they won't go through
58. ...you don't realise when second Round Robin starts, because you are so busy scoring
59. ...you get angry with people calling the Clockwork Yooyus as Robot
60. ...you feel really suppressed during Altador Cup because you have no time -- to max out
62. ...you know you'll go back to Yooyuball, after reading this article
63. ...you didn't realise that the previous number was 62 instead of 61, because you were reading the article that fast!
That is all, dearest patients and wannabe – addicts! If you have detected one of the above symptoms, be aware; Altador Cup Addiction is near! Don’t freak out, don’t pull your hair off. Should you feel you cannot survive away from the Cup, take some breaks every now and then to chat with your teammates. Who knows? Perhaps you’ll encounter interesting people to befriend and have fun after the Championship is over. After all, regardless of the team you support, keep in mind that we are all Neopians, struggling for a common cause: to have fun!