Breadmaster's Secret to a Successful Easter Party
Neopian Times Interviewer (NT): Hello, good readers! I am sitting here in the immensely popular Bakery, located in the Neopian Bazaar. I have the Breadmaster with me today; say hello to our readers!
Breadmaster (B): Yo!
NT: Boy, is it hot in here! How many ovens do you have back there in the kitchen?
B: I gotta ‘bout a dozen, a variety of types too! I find the Fire Faerie Ovens to be the most reliable in my line of work. I’ve gone through a few of the Water Faerie Ovens before I gave up on that brand entirely.
NT: Why so many ovens!?
B: There’s a high demand for tasty baked goods on most days...gotta get the shelves restocked ‘bout every eight minutes during store hours! Do ya know how much flour I use a day!? LOADS!
NT: Wow! I can imagine! Is it always so busy?
B: (laughs) Oh yes! Particularly ‘round the ‘olidays! With Easter around the corner, we’ve been completely HOPPING!
NT: Which goods do you sell the most around this time of year?
B: Oh man, with everyone’s Negg Hunts in progress, we get a lotta requests for Easter Negg Cookies of all sorts -- yellow ones, pink ones, any kind ya can imagine! The Iced Easter Chick Cookies are a big hit too!
NT: Do you have any recommendations or advice for our readers?
B: (shifts his eyes)
B: Oh alright. I may know the key…
NT: The key?
B: Yea. I know the key to throwing the best Easter party in all of Neopia.
NT: Do you now? Please share with us; our readers are on the edges of their seats!
B: I found the key years an’ years ago in an ol’ edition of the Rocky Times News Journal. ‘Ere it is!
NT: (in awe) It’s...it’s AMAZING!
B: Yea. Made me real popular when I first opened the bakery’s doors.
NT: Thank you, Breadmaster, for sharing this incredible find! Readers, please look below to find the key to throwing a successful Easter party! Who would have thought that the answer could be found by a Kacheek baker, who found a Moltara paper, whose editor happened to discover...well, never mind! Read on to find the answer!
Rocky Times News Journal - (the date of this edition is smudged, but the paper is yellowed and old!)
Life on Moltara can be rough, dear readers. Have you found it very difficult to convince your family and friends to enter the realm of our loud, stinky, dark, dank city? We sure have, particularly when our city is hit with its frequent steam blasts! We have put forth an exceptional amount of time and research in finding a way to make our dear city more appealing to outsiders. At first, we thought that Obsidian Ice Cream and Obsidian Rock Candy would appeal to the masses...but further research has proven this to not be the case (apparently, most Neopets prefer to keep their teeth intact). But alas, we have finally found the solution!
Easter. Yes, you read that correctly. It is time to plan an Easter celebration with your family, friends and beloved petpets! Unsure of how to guarantee a successful party with a large quantity of RSVPs? Have no fear! We have the answer! Easter Negg Creme Puffs, found exclusively in the Crumpetmongers Secret Recipes (written in Invisible Ink on page 812!), are a sure-fire way to please all of your Neopian guests!
Easter Negg Creme Puff Recipe
1 Bottle of Water (1 cup)
1/2 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose Kacheek Flour
4 Dancing Daisy Easter Neggs
2 tablespoons Kau Kau Farm Milk
1 Yolk Bean, lightly beaten
2 cups Vanilla Negg Cream*
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon Honey Blossom (or vanilla) Extract
Additional confectioners' sugar and other festive toppings
*Can substitute heavy whipping cream if Vanilla Negg Cream is unavailable.
1) Preheat your Fire Faerie Oven to 400°.
2) In a large Long Handled Pan, bring the Bottle of Water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add Kacheek Flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms.
3) Carefully remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
4) Add Dancing Daisy Easter Neggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
5) Drop by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. *Tip: Using Lost Desert Sandy Olive Oil is guaranteed to make your dessert not stick to the pan! *Another Tip: For prettier Easter Negg Creme Puffs, shape them into beautiful ovals before the next step.
6) Combine Kau Kau Farm Milk and the Yolk Bean; brush over puffs.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Don't forget to put on your Flaming Oven Gloves! Remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape; cool. *Tip: Wearing Icy Chia Goggles will protect your eyes from the hot steam!
9) Time to make the filling. In a large bowl, such as a Mystery Island Bowl, beat the Vanilla Negg Cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and the Honey Blossom Extract; beat until almost stiff.
10) Split the Easter Negg Creme Puffs; discard soft dough from inside. Fill the puff just before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar and other festive toppings!
Yield: 10 Neopets' Servings
“These are brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Just like me!” - Chadrick “Chadley” Woolsworth Tuffington IV
“These are the tastiest Easter treats! I always make sure to make extras for my Usukis.” - Abigail
“Fernypoo’s regular ol’ cream puffs are nothing compared to my Easter Negg Creme Puffs!” - Branston the Eyrie
“I send all ships who don’t like these negg puffs to the bottom of the sea.” - Captain Scarblade
“I would have gladly had these Easter Negg Creme Puffs as MY last meal, if I were given the option at the time…” - King Coltzan III
“These aren’t the worst.” - Count von Roo
“B-I-N-G-O! These really hit the spot!” - Vik the Jetsam