Book Reviews and Recommendations: Halloween Edition
Prettyful_me, my Kau, absolutely LOVES reading, so she and I spend a lot of time reading all kinds of books together. Over the years, we have of read a LOT of books, so she and I decided to start reviewing them. And what better time to publish a recommendation list than just in time for Halloween! Prettyful_me and I have put together a list of books that will help you have a fun, safe, and spooky Halloween.
First, there are several books out there that will help you have a safe Halloween. Whether you are planning a simple trick-or-treating excursion or you are planning to go searching through cemeteries and haunted houses, these books will provide you with some excellent advice. Here are some of our recommendations:
1) Halloween Safety Procedures: This is an excellent guide to Halloween safety. The book is narrated by Frank the friendly ghost, who has lots of advice on staying safe on Halloween. He has tips on everything from choosing and sticking with a buddy if you go trick-or-treating to making sure you don't burn your mouth on hot popcorn if you stay home to watch a scary movie. And just so you know, although you may choose to do whatever you please, he recommends not wandering through cemeteries and haunted houses. You have seen the movies. You know how that will end. Prettyful_me and I give it 5 out of 5 bookmarks.
2) How to Survive: While this is not a Halloween- specific book, it does promise to tell you how to survive anything. This could be very important if you somehow find yourself in a haunted house or being chased by monsters on Halloween. You clearly disregarded the warnings and safety procedures from Halloween Safety Procedures. How to Survive will keep you safe! Or at least alive. Prettyful_me and I give it 4 out of 5 bookmarks.
3) Tablet of Zombie Defence Tactics: How to Survive describes the basics of surviving a zombie attack, but you can never be too prepared. Perhaps you thought it would be funny to wander around a cemetery on Halloween night, clearly ignoring the warnings and advice of Halloween Safety Procedures. And now you've accidentally incited a zombie riot. This book provides a more in-depth guide to zombie attacks for advanced zombie defence needs. It has lots of good advice, but this tablet is a bit short and outdated. If you have read its description, you have probably already realized that one of the tactics it describes is to do the Hokey-Pokey. This is NOT a good zombie defence tactic. Prettyful_me and I give this book 3 out of 5 bookmarks.
So you actually listened to the warnings of Halloween Safety Procedures? Great! We have found a few helpful books on maximizing your Halloween fun. These books will make sure you're getting the most out of your Halloween, whether you're attending costume parties or going trick-or-treating. Here are some of our recommendations:
1) Trick-or-Treat Tips: The authors of this book have done lots of research and found the best houses around Neopia for trick-or-treating. The tricks they include are actually funny, not cruel or mean-spirited pranks. Finally, they include some tips to stay safe during your trick-or-treating. Prettyful_me and I give this book 5 out of 5 bookmarks.
2) Spooky Food Ideas: This book is full of spooky food recipes that would be perfect if you are planning to throw a Halloween party. We have not tried all the recipes, but the ones we have tried have been delicious. The only problem we found with this book is that sometimes the portions are off. Prettyful_me and I tried to use a pumpkin pie recipe, but we ended up with way too much filling and not enough dough for the crust! Prettyful_me and I give this book 3.5 out of 5 bookmarks.
3) Into the Forest: I am pretty sure this book was written by some kind of ghost, evil witch, or some other kind of monster that wants to lure you and your pets into the forest and then eat you. It offers all kinds of advice on how to get the best candy by wandering around in the darkened forest, splitting up when you get lost, and approaching cottages made of candy. Do NOT follow this advice. In fact, do not even read this book. Prettyful_me and I give this book 0 out of 5 bookmarks.
Finally, there are lots of spooky stories out there that you can read to get in the mood for Halloween or to scare your friends on Halloween night! You can read these stories while hiding under your blankets or you can read them to your friends around a bonfire or with a flashlight under your chin. Here are some of our recommendations:
1) Ghost Stories: These are the scariest stories prettyful_me and I have ever read. Prettyful_me hid under her covers the whole time! This book is definitely for you if you are looking for really creepy stories that will have you shivering with terror. The Esophagor himself recommends this book, so you know it's going to be good and scary! With several different ghost stories in its pages, this book will make sure you will never again dismiss any creaks or bumps you hear in the night. Prettyful_me and I give this book 4 out of 5 bookmarks.
2) Spooky Kau Story: Prettyful_me and I had differing opinions of this book. Prettyful_me really related to the protagonist because she is a Kau. Overall, we both liked the story, which was definitely very scary. However, I thought it was a bit predictable at times. We both liked the unique cover art. Prettyful_me and I give this book 3 out of 5 bookmarks.
3) Korbat Halloween: This story was fantastic! We were sucked into the story right from the beginning. It's so intriguing and interesting that prettyful_me and I read this story in one sitting. We just couldn't put it down! The characters were great, the suspense was thrilling, and the twists were ingenious. Simply captivating! Prettyful_me and I give this book 5 out of 5 bookmarks.
So, if you are going out this year for Halloween, throwing a Halloween party, or just want to read some spoooooky stories, check out some of the books we have recommended. I hope this list comes in handy for you! Have a safe and happy Halloween!