NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
13th and 14th August
- It's Scores Galore all weekend long! Now through the 18th of September, you will be able to send five scores per game every Saturday and Sunday! Today we start the festivities a little early... shhhhhh. Visit the Games Room to start playing.
- There is a brand new ink frame available at the Neopian Gift Shop!
*sniff* These flowers smell like ink!
- A new Random Contest has begun! Good luck to all the entrants, and congratulations to last week's winners.
- The next round of the Beauty Contest is about to begin! Head on over and vote for your favourite.
- A matching sword and shield? Perfect! Check out the latest weapons at Sakhmet Battle Supplies!
- The newest issue of the Neopian Times has been released! Keep your eyes open for great stories and adventures like Meepits and Feepits and Splatting Sock Sloths and How The Quintilc Got Its Colour.
- Check out the new sponsor game Spy Kids 4 - Fast Spy! Use your robotic dog paw to capture all of the bad guys! Play now!
11th August - Discovery of Brightvale
- Mmmm! It looks like the Exquisite Ambrosia shop is having a special on gourmet cheeses!
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Ogrin - Knight Shopkeeper. 83 people guessed correctly, earning them 24,097 NP each.
- Wouldn't you like to visit a place called 'Brightvale Bunny School'? Well, now you can! Etcetera1968's charming Neohome is a Neohomes Spotlight today!
- 'The Lady Blurg Ball', 'A Different Story About Habitarium Pests', and more Poems are up to brighten your day!
- It looks like the Kazeriu and Magmut are available in a Maractite shade at the Petpet Puddle!
- Silly the Faerie Bluna is our lucky winner of the Petpet Spotlight this week!
- A brand new selection of images await you in the Art Gallery!
- All-new Mini Mysterious Morphing Experiment (MiniMME)! Join us for an extended holiday in our latest two-stage MiniMME. This MiniMME will be available only for a limited time. What will your item morph into? Find out today by visiting the NC Mall!
- You wake up one sunny morning and glance at the calendar before you shuffle downstairs for some breakfast. Halfway down the stairs, you dash back up again and double check the calendar. Today is a special day in Brightvale! Why spend your day anywhere else?! You hurry over to Brightvale before it's too late!
||Stop right there! *reads off of a card* Welcome, visitor, to Brightvale! Gesture toward the castle. My name is half circle, insert your name here, half circle. Before you enter, you must pass a test to prove that you are indeed wise enough to join the scholars inside. Give visitor a penetrating stare. Do you have what it takes to enter Brightvale?
||Hm, I'm not sure if that was how you were supposed to read that card. But what do I know? This is why we are guarding Brightvale from the outside after all... Look, visitor, I know you are eager to go in, but Brightvale has more than its full capacity of visitors right now, so you will need to finish this quiz before you enter. Why don't you try walking around to refresh your wits and such?
- The Draik guard hands you a quiz then turns to greet the next person. You sneak around both guards and enter Brightvale anyway. They don't even seem to notice! What you notice, however, is that everyone appears to be dressed up in Brightvale colours! Even the Clothing Shop is advertising a brand new dress dedicated to Brightvale's special day!
Only five peasants' life savings for this one!
- It looks like the Lenny Conundrum is quite popular in a place like Brightvale. In fact, several shops display the following message: A new Lenny Conundrum competition has begun. The answer to last week's was 8. 9450 people guessed the correct answer earning themselves 212 NP each.
- An overexcited blue Meerca rushes up to you to tell you that this week's PPL award has been given to the Blobikins. (Her Petpet was one such species.) She tells you her Blobikins' name is Winston. You congratulate him as well as Nial, Amoeba, Jelly Pie, Oskar, and all the others.
- In your attempt to escape the scary Blobikins owners, you stumble into the Brightvale Armoury. You nearly knock over their new display of tunics and get kicked out by the angry shopkeeper.
- You decide to escape Brightvale a while by hiding in the Kreludor Cave Of The Week. This one is by karmacow and is called 'Into The Rabbit Hole', you hear.
- Directly outside the cave stands Commander Gormos. You wonder if he will demand some sort of tax from you, but he just states that he is Better Than You. You are not very certain about what exactly he is better at but you agree with him anyway. (Or you could challenge him and prove him wrong!)
- Your attention is briefly taken away by the latest mote in the Brightvale Motery. That angry looking one might be a little nicer if it was fed every once in a while...
- It looks like the latest display in the Art Gallery is all about celebrating the Discovery of Brightvale! You spend a few hours admiring all the art before you return home.
- You settle down to sort through some Neomails you've received as well a new print containing the latest Poems (such as 'Longing for Green and Gold' and 'Brightvale's Wisdom') when you realize there is a paper in your pocket. You open it to reveal the quiz the Brightvale guard had given you earlier. Curious, you decide to read its contents. Inside is the one question you would have had to answer correctly to enter Brightvale through a more honest means:
: Who is the wisest king in all of Neopia?
Take your time and answer correctly in the space below!
Hint: It's this fellow!
- LAST CHANCE! This Sunday is your last chance to watch the delightful Springabees at work in our latest two-stage MiniMME (Mini Mysterious Morphing Experiment). Hurry in to the NC Mall to get your MiniMME today! What will your item morph into? Find out by visiting the NC Mall!
9th August - Blumaroo Day
- What fun! Seegensays has won User Lookup of the Week with their lookup dedicated to King Roo!
- If you love Key Quest, then the latest Neoboard Smilies may be the perfect ones for you! ;)
- There must be a fun quote or two bouncing in your mind for the latest Caption Contest image!
- This week's Gallery Spotlight mention goes to saoeuk for their blue, red, green, and yellow themed gallery, "The Basics"!
- Learn fine Moltaran crafts with the latest bestsellers from Moltaran Books!
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Kreludor Colouring Page Image 7. One very clever person guessed correctly, earning them 2,000,000 NP!!!! Yay!!!
- We hope you enjoy the latest images in the Art Gallery as they will be the only ones you will see until the next update! *cackle*
- Many Neopians worked hard this weekend to help put Krawk Island back together again! We hope everyone will come to Krawk Island now to see it in all of its new grandeur. Psst... if you participated, go visit the Governor's Mansion for your rewards.
*Treasure not included.
- Happy Blumaroo Day! Blumaroos can now be painted Transparent and Custard at the Rainbow Pool!
- We have a Blumaroo in the Pet Spotlight this week! A round of applause for Eibme! :)
- Whoo hoo! The Blumaroo Lamp and Von Roo Clock have been modified to fit your 2.0 Neohome!
- 'Chef Bonju's Magical Cooking', 'Thiebos of the Desert', and more Poems fit for Blumaroo Day are up for you to enjoy!
- There are so many fun and beautiful Blumaroo images in the Art Gallery today!
- tj_wagner has written this week's Story Telling beginning for us! Yay!
The food is gone and there's only a drop of fresh water, but I'm still struggling to remain calm. I can feel my panic rising up in my throat, but I'll keep it pushed down. Panic is the enemy, and I have to keep a cool head. Just as I'm thinking this, I feel my boat begin to move a little faster. Sitting up, I realize I've been caught in a current, and I see an island rising before me like a beacon of hope.
- Congratulations go out to Mephala and Entheus! Each has proven spiffier than the rest in the Customisation Spotlight. Voting for this week's contest has begun. Good luck to this week's entrants!
- Now that Cap'n Threelegs is back, he is ready to give free training to all Blumaroos on their special day!
- Blumaroos can now dress up in a couple of new super comfy outfits from the Clothing Shop!
Perfect for a relaxing Blumaroo Day!
- ARRR... be ye in the mood fer a survey? Thar be a survey available fer a limited time where ye can tell us yer thoughts about the latest update to Krawk Island here. (Note: Clicking on the survey link will take you off-site!)
- Celebrate Blumaroo Day with a Dice Pack Sale! The 10-pack Blumaroll Dice Pack is now available for a reduced price! Roll your way to winning exclusive Blumaroll prizes. If you're really lucky, you can even win a bonus item! Visit the NC Mall to purchase your Dice Packs today!
Secret Garden Pathway Background
Black and White Lace Dress
Dream Catcher Garland