Visit this page for the latest updates on everything new that we add to the site - games, items, contests, and loads of other stuff. We update every weekday so there's always something new to see!
NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
6th and 7th August
5th August - Stinky Day
- Some Neopians use the weekend to take a break from all that hard work during the week; however, there will be no rest for us! We hope everyone will follow our example and continue to help bring back those missing pieces of Krawk Island so it can be whole again!
- A pair of extra hardy blue trousers have turned up at the Clothing Shop!
These trousers sure are tough!
- The next round of the Beauty Contest is about to begin! Head on over and vote for your favourite.
- You can never have too many plushies. That's why two news ones have been sighted at Plushie Palace!
- The newest issue of the Neopian Times has been released! Keep your eyes open for great stories and adventures like Child of the Drenched and Journal of a Disgruntled Crew Member.
- All-new Mini Mysterious Morphing Experiment (MiniMME)! Watch the delightful Springabees at work in our latest two-stage MiniMME. This MiniMME will be available only for a limited time. What will your item morph into? Find out today by visiting the NC Mall!
- Yuck, what is that smell?! It might be the Meridell Rubbish Dump, or it might even be a passing Skunk Neopet. Whatever it is, it is pretty awful!
- What a smelly fellow! It looks like the Ogrin can now be painted Swamp Gas at the Rainbow Pool! Try it out, if you dare!
- We inspected today's Poems and discovered that they are not smelly at all. Relax with the knowledge that you will be safe with such works as 'Ode to the Mystery Pics' and 'Island Retrieval'!
- Thimus should be proud of themselves as their Neohomes Spotlight winning Neohome is decidedly unsmelly!
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Space Fungus Background. 108 people guessed correctly, earning them 18,519 NP each. We did a quick smell test and discovered that none of these players were smelly. Except for one. You know who you are, Unwashed One!
- We followed our noses to the Petpet Puddle and were dismayed to find nothing but dung there! Wait, these are Petpets! Oh no, how embarrassing! :(
- A very smelly/unsmelly Petpet has won the Petpet Spotlight. Give Jigglee the Plushie Snowbunny a hand (or nose)!
- Find respite from the olfactory onslaught in the disinctly sweet smelling selection of images in the Art Gallery!
- Meridell was smelling a little ripe today so we thought it might be the Rubbish Dump for certain. However, we actually ended up at the Cheeseroller stand instead. They boasted about their two new cheeses but wouldn't tell us what they were! You might want to roll these cheese away from you, anyway.
- Well, ladies and gentlefolk, it seems we have solved the mystery. It appears that pretty much everything was smelly today!
If only Krawk Island had been made of dung; we might have found the pieces sooner!
- Nickelodeon Game Card Bonus LAST CHANCE. This Saturday, August 6th is your last chance to get a bonus 500NC, plus a FREE one month membership to Monkey Quest, when you redeem online a $25 Nickelodeon Game Card from Toys R Us in the US. This promotion is only available with the $25 Nickelodeon Game Card purchased from Toys R Us in the US, not Neocash Cards! Find a Store!
- Now you can find out what it is like to be a Brightvale guard with the latest background from the Mystical Surroundings shop!
But where are the prisoners?!
- A new Lenny Conundrum competition has begun. The answer to last week's was 1997. 6254 people guessed the correct answer earning themselves 320 NP each.
- The 500th Better Than You challenger is none other than The Crumpetmonger! Challenge her and get a cool prize if you win!
- Petpet owners have discovered a new type of Petpetpet hanging about. We heard it is called the Springabee.
- Bandicoot_235 has won Kreludor Cave Of The Week with their level, 'la cueva de la curiosidad'!
- Hanso and Brynn are being in featured in the latest works to hit the shelves at Brightvale Books!
- This week's PPL award has been given to the Spyrabor. Well done Sideways, Blinkie, Spike, Bossy Crab, and all the others.
- Fire up your gadgets! Play sponsor The Weinstein Company's Spy Kids 4 Fast Spy game where saving the world is their idea of family time!
- MAINTENANCE NOTICE - We have been informed that a few rogue tentacles have made their way to our servers. Unfortunately, due to this issue, we will have to schedule some maintenance work tonight. The servers may be down anytime between 9 PM to 2 AM NST, so if this happens, just hold on and hope that we don't get carried away in pieces! (P.S. We don't know why we have servers in the ocean, either.)
Mmm... Server Cupcakes...
- It looks like the Toy Shop has two new collectable charms for your album!
- The User Lookup of the Week mention goes to mao_mau for their lookup, 'My favorite Neopian items'!
- Xx_wolf_xx_cub_xx's dress-themed gallery, 'The Ballroom', has won the Gallery Spotlight today!
- What could be better than a sink from the Neopian Furniture shop? Why, a matching worktop, of course!
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Hasee Bounce Neopedia. 91 people guessed correctly, earning them 21,979 NP each.
- Oh, dear... It looks like we need a bigger pool in this week's Caption Contest image.
- Help us reassemble Krawk Island by admiring these images in the Art Gallery! They don't really help you bring back any pieces, but you have to admit it is quite fun!
- Who said a rolling stone didn't gather moss? Oh, actually... This stone doesn't roll at all. Nevermind. *ehem* The Mossy Rock has been made into a wearable! Get one! Get three! Get five hundred! You can only use one at a time so it won't matter if you had five hundred, but at least you will be super happy with your rock collection!
You can't moss me around!
- Start off the week with a few Poems, such as 'Left Behind' and 'The Apple In My Eye'!
- You never know what is going to turn up at the Faerie Foods shop! These fruits seem to have been blessed by faerie magic!
- The_final_truth has written a brand new Story Telling beginning for us:
She had fought the monsters beneath Zeena's bed, put the demons in her closet to justice, fought off great evils and sadnesses, as well as been there for her friend whenever she'd been needed. And yet, what did she get for her loyalty and strength? Rea hung her head.
- Congratulations go out to Aroura24623 and Peking! Each has proven spiffier than the rest in the Customisation Spotlight. Voting for this week's contest has begun. Good luck to this week's entrants!
- Deyllia the Korbat is the winner of this week's Pet Spotlight!
- All-new NC Collectible item! Complete your Collectors Album today with the Jerdana's Collectors Skirt. This is the 4th item from the Wit and Wizardry Collection and will only be available for a limited time! Visit the NC Mall today!
The Neopian Times is Neopia's one and only newspaper, with articles, stories, and comics published every Friday. Four out of five Neopians agree, it's the best Neopian Times there is!
» Read the latest issue!