NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
13th January - Sloth Appreciation Day! (early)
- Sloth Appreciation Day isn't actually until tomorrow, but we thought we'd start the festivities early! An extra day to celebrate the most notorious evil villain in Neopia is always welcomed. Help us! He's here! Call the Space Faerie!
- What better way to start off the celebrations than with four new Sloth cakes? Head over to The Bakery to pick some up.
- Sippy619's home at 3012 Tiki Tack Street, Mystery Island has earned her the Neohome Spotlight award! Well done.
- A new issue of the Neopian Times has been released. Keep your eyes open for great stories and adventures like The Ups and Downs of Kindness and Chia Bomber II: a Real Blast!.
- This week's Pet Spotlight goes to MonsterRock. Congratulations to zblacktt for raising a fine Baby Skeith.
- Every minion should have a Robo Sloth in their Neohome. Head over to the Furniture shop if you'd like to have one for your very own.
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was The Golden Dubloon. 473 people guessed correctly, earning them 4,229 NP each!
- Because Dr. Sloth is so smart and dashing, he'll be taking over Neopia quite soon. Unless you can stop him, of course. Try your hand at The Return of The Return of Dr. Sloth.
- Neopets Premium is now accepting a limited number of additional beta testers! If you're interested, you can click here for more info. Spots will go fast (and may already be gone) so best be quick!
- These four new books chronicle various nefarious deeds of the illustrious Dr. Sloth. You can pick them up at the Book Shop.
- It's Friday, which means a new round of the Beauty Contest is about to begin! Send in those entries before it's too late.
- Dr. Sloth makes a fine Sketch Background with which to adorn your desktop. Especially in such a maniacal pose!
- For quick links to your dailies and favourite games, NeoMail alerts, and more, try the FREE Neopets Toolbar! Click here for more info.
- You WILL use one of these new Buddy Icons to pay homage to Dr. Sloth if you know what's good for you.
- We're pretty sure Dr. Sloth doesn't normally enjoy Poetry, but he's made an exception today.
- Try your hand at this new sponsor game - Nanny McPhee: Investi-Catch. Catch the children who misbehave and earn Neopoints in the process!
- A new Shop Blog featuring the dashing evil villain is now available, which should please all you Sloth gallery owners.
- Many works of tribute and praise to our future Neopian master can now be seen in the Art Gallery.
- It's no surprise that Sloth is planning his next Neopian domination attempt in the latest Caption Contest.
11th January - Festival of Buzz
- If you can't pick just one colour for your Gnorbu, why not use them all on your next visit to the Rainbow Pool?
- Remember that time we released three new Scorchio Shopkeepers? We did it again! We're on a roll.
- This week's PPL award has been given to the ever faithful Snarhook. Well done Nimbus, Snarhook12881_2000, Jar Jar, Awsum Jr., and all the others.
- It appears that cheesegab has a bit of an obsession. Actually, it's probably more than a bit. If you're brave, check out her winning Site Spotlight.
- If you're collecting Battle Ducks, here's a new one to add to your collection. Just don't keep it too close to the Icy Battle Duck or you could have a mess on your hands... and the counter... and the floor....
- reggieman721 wants to send you on the Adventure of Geraptiku. Check out the Neoadventure Spotlight to play along.
...that's what you'll be exploring: Geraptiku. Yes, the Lost City that's not lost anymore. Perhaps it's called that because almost all Neopians that go there are lost forever... but you won't be. Hopefully. So you've got your pack with food for a week. You've got sturdy hiking boots, jungle gear, and your trusty spear. Hopefully you won't need to use it... but you never know. Sadly, you forgot the bug spray. That could be a problem.
- Have you ever been Hoodwinked? Check out the sponsor game - Hoodwinked: Revealing Image - in the Games Room! And afterwards, check out the movie, now playing in theatres!
- The Jelly Chia is anxious to show that he's just as good at eating as that cranky ol' Florg. Can you beat him in this week's Better than You?
- A new Lenny Conundrum competition has begun. The answer to last week's was 599. 1887 people guessed the correct answer earning themselves 1,060 NP each.
- Be careful walking alone at night. You never know when a Xweetok will pounce from the shadows and steal your Unguberries before you can even blink.
- If you've got some time to spare, and a good set of screaming lungs on you, why not give lightiswelcomehere's Pirate Cave Of The Week a try? Unless you're afraid, that is.
- Send one of these new birthday Greetings to a friend! If it's not their birthday yet, send one anyway and they'll think you're just really, really prepared.
- You've got a whole extra week to submit your Random Contest entry. Your chances of winning are still quite good if you put a bit of effort into it. ;)
- Unless you want superpowers, it's probably best to stay far, far away from any Glowing Buzz you might encounter.
- King Skarl fans will want to read the latest Neopedia article. Who knew he liked to eat a lot? You learn something new every day.
- To start things off, a new selection of books by and for Buzz are now on sale in the Book Shop. The snot one comes in protective wrapping for your trip home.
- SuperNiceJessica is a Buzzer owned by SuperCuteSmantha, and she would be delighted to have you read her Petpet Spotlight.
- Cals_buzz_gallery has just won the Gallery Spotlight with a gallery full of nifty Buzz items. We bet no one saw that one coming.
- A new Royal Buzz Background would protect your desktop from evil intruders. Well, maybe not, but it's fun to pretend.
- Four new Buzz Shopkeepers are now available. There's one with a crazy look in his eye, but we don't think the rest will do too much damage to your shop.
- If you've always wanted a Buzz who can't go near water, today is your lucky day.
I can't take a bath! *cry*
- There is a new Buzz Shop Blog available to keep your Shopkeeper company.
- Are you clever enough to get your claws on this new Maraquan Buzz avatar?
- Ice_creema876 has earned herself the User Lookup of the Week with none other than a fancy Buzz theme. If there were any more Buzz on that page, we'd have to have her declared legally insane.
- If you're a Buzz fan, raise your hand! Actually, no one can see that over the Internet. Well, just use one of these new Buddy Icons instead.
- This week's Meridell Castle Spotlight goes to nicklim260392 with Absolute Danger. DUN DUN DUN!
- We're not sure if that Buzz with the sword is showing it off or challenging his friends. Either way, there's a funny story in it somewhere if you want to enter the latest Caption Contest.
- Fourth of July by sangahue is the latest Faerie Caves Spotlight. Who doesn't like giant explosions in rapid succession?
- Head over to the Food Shop for some tasty Buzz Day items. Oh, and these items will be there as well.
- There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was the Punchbag Bob. 288 people guessed correctly, earning them 6,945 NP each!
- What a happy Checkered Buzz! Apparently he hasn't yet discovered that you're about to make him to play hours and hours of Dice-A-Roo.
- You have been cordially invited to a prestigious showing of many fine works of Buzz in the Neopian Art Gallery. Please do attend, won't you? /curtsey
- Good Gift: Island Paint Brush for your Tuskaninny on your Mystery Island vacation.
Bad Gift: Island Paint Brush for your Tuskaninny on your Terror Mountain vacation.
- Check out the latest page of Poems. 100% chatspeak free! Guaranteed! (Guarantee not valid in Tyrannia.)
- If you're in the mood for a new desktop image, try out this new Eyrie Background. Your computer deserves some tranquility after all you put it through.
- You should visit Caberdrone's Cavern of Strange and Random Things. It won the Site Spotlight AND it involves donuts. What could be better?
- Visit the Petpet Puddle today for all your prehistoric Petpet needs! *thumbsup*
- Nanaki_wolf writes that his Minigolf Spotlight winning level, Proper Laugh, is quite good for increasing your Minigolf skills. We believe everything we read, so it must be true.
- Do not underestimate the fierceness of a Pink Xweetok in the Battledome. You'll end up with a Honey Potion to the head and that's no good for anyone.
- As you may have noticed, the Healing Springs Faerie has gotten a bit of a makeover. Hopefully, with frequent visits to her Faerieland stylist, she'll be able to maintain her fabulous new look until it's out of style in two months.
- A new Collectable Card featuring a very mysterious Aisha is now available. We'd say she's creepy, but we enjoy this whole "being alive" thing too much, thanks.
- If you ever have a chance to visit Qasala, be sure to stop by Desert Arms while you're there. They're quite well known for their weapons, like the four new items below.
- C0co_NuTtY is a very nutty Coconut JubJub, if you haven't guessed. She's just won the latest Pet Spotlight with her owner, danman111111.
- This Xweetok doesn't appear too happy to be painted Faerie, but maybe that's because we took away his plushies.
- The latest Story Telling Competition continues this week as Seran learns exactly what those sneaky Grarrl researchers have been up to.
- If you are a master of underwater fishing and darn proud of it, show off that pride with one of these new Buddy Icons.
- The Neopets in the latest Caption Contest seem to have found a way to cure their boredom.
- Three new Kougra Shopkeepers are now available for use in your shop. We're quite sure they won't steal anything if you leave them in charge.
- For those family nights with your Neopets, why not pick up a new board game from the Toy Shop. That Neocheckers game you bought 4 years ago must be pretty worn out by now.
- If you weren't aware, the Art Gallery is chock-full of art submitted by fellow Neopians. A new page of work has just been added.
Caylis Collectors Wig
8th Birthday Rose Gold Gala Wish Candle
NC Mall 8th Birthday Mystery Capsule