NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
24th and 25th August
23rd August - Grundo Independence Day (well almost)
- NEW RECORD - 215,860,000 pageviews yesterday, woohoo! All your pageviews are belong to us. By the
way, NeoQuest is working fine, so it can stay up 24/7 from now on. We actually have a cool new game called
Tyrannian Land War that we couldn't release because we were afraid it would break the web servers, but it
should be ok now, so look out for that coming very soon (yes Matt stop working on silly sewage games and put it live!)
- The new Neopian Times is now live! If you are searching for
something fun, interesting and helpful, look no further. The wide range of articles, stories and comics will
have you riveted for hours (or quite a while at least).
Mummy, read me a story!
- The Wheel of Excitement has been giving Sneezles to those unfortunate
to get the Skull! I wonder why that is... hmmmm... it couldn't be anything to do with... nah...
- As a result of the web server change you can now play NeoQuest
all day (at last!). Just watch out for the grizzly bearogs! Hopefully it'll work anyway, we'll let you know if
it breaks the site soon enough :)
- We did some fine-tuning of our web servers today, and the site is going much faster!! We went
from 9 million pageviews an hour to 11.5, which means pages are loading a lot faster than normal. Thanks
for being patient, we will hopefully continue to speed up the site in the future.
- Yes it's two years since Dr. Sloth was overthrown and thousands of Grundos were set free. To honour this special day
we will be adding lots of Grundo related things. Technically it's tomorrow but as that is a Saturday we
will be starting the festivities a day earlier.
- You are now able to build your Neohome in Meridell!
- Meridell has a great new activity, called Pick Your Own.
Once a day you can pay Neopoints to go around Meri Acres farm and go picking yummy berries for your Neopet to
eat! You may even find some really rare berries, you never know (or maybe just an old boot!).
- Make your Grundo the master of the Battledome with these fantastic new battledome items, on sale in the
battle and defence magic shops now.
- CALLING ALL DEFENDERS - Yes you - Defender of Neopia... trouble has reared its ugly head once more
and its up to you to save the day! Click here at once. No, go on,
click it, its important!
Bogie at 8 O'Clock!!!
- WOAH! EXTREME LINKAGE! - Yes, now you can click your username in the yellow bar to jump straight
to your user lookup and admire all your lovely trophies. You do have trophies, right?
- We have a new Mystery Pic today. The answer to the last picture
was 'The Grundo's Necklace from Kiss the Mortog', duh :)
- Grundos now have three new Battledome Moves -
Grundo Flight, Grundo Power Shield and
- You can now paint your Grundo Robot and
if you can work out how to do it :)
- Make sure you take your Grundo to see Cap'n Threelegs today (or tomorrow) as any Grundo that
visits him will receive free training at his academy.
- Gargarox has just finished whipping up some new recipes, try one of his delicious treats at
Grundo's Cafe now!
- UPDATE - By the way, our filter is being a bit over-protective at the moment, so it is sometimes blocking words
that shouldn't be blocked, like 'Gandalf' or 'Acnefruit' :) We are working on it currently, so look for
improvements over the next few days. Sorry about that!
- Today's Pet Spotlight goes to
Mikostellar the Starry Grundo.
- The Book Shop
has some great new Grundo themed books in stock.
20th and 21st August
- What on earth is that on the NeoCam???
- NEW GAME (at last!) - Yeah, why not try out our newest game, based on the film
Return to Neverland. It's a jigsaw puzzle, piece together your favourite scenes from the film
against the clock - good luck!
- The Bakery
has some mouthwatering delicious new pretzels on sale.
- Better Than You is back! Can you beat Laura Usul
at Mummy Maze??? I dont think so...
- We have a new Neopedia article about Remnok the Weapons Shopkeeper!!
- Who said Walking Carpets couldn't look stylish? With the right Petpet paint brush they can
be the talk of the town!
- We have improved our syncing program - so you know when before, when we were adding content, sometimes
you could refresh and get one page, then refresh again and its something else? That shouldn't happen any more...
- Today's Site Spotlight goes to
Nailam and Secret for their cute Grundo adoption page.
- If you are feeling smart and witty, why not give the new Caption Contest
a whirl? There are 2000 NP, a rare item and a trophy to be won!
- Just look at these delicious new gourmet dishes, they are now on sale in the
Tropical Food Shop!
- You can now win the Marrow Bone from that amazing game -
Guess the Weight of the Marrow!!!
- Let all your friends know how much fun you had at Usukicon 4 with these new Usuki themed
- Today's new features have been combined with yesterday's as Adam and Donna were stuck on a plane for all of Tuesday. For those of you
wondering Usukicon 4 went off with a big bang and there will be loads of
new Usuki related things added.
- We have a new Mystery Pic today - the answer to the last
one was 'The Neoquest Header'. Sorry about missing the last few Mystery Pics, its really hard to work
over a 28.8k modem :) Silly UK!
- Oh yeah, Grundo Day is soon - so remember to send in your Grundo pet spotlights, site spotlights, and of
- Just so you know, the 100% official, real, (mostly) bug-free Plushie Tycoon
starts up on Monday! The scores will be wiped just before we launch.
- This week's Petpet Spotlight award goes to
Crimsonwyng the Red Tail owned by Azurwyng.
- You can now purchase these super rare Usukicon 4 posters from
- For all of those wondering when Neopets merchandise goes on sale in the UK, it will be in all Claires stores on
- Three new Usuki Dolls were showcased at this years convention, if you are really lucky
you may find them on sale really soon.
- What's this? It looks like a Draik but it's a... ROBOT!??!
- The latest Site Spotlight award is shared by
The_Buzzbuzzer and Luikma the Yellow Gelert who just LOVES Porkwiches.
- Turtums can now be painted Pink, Green and Blue at the Petpet Puddle!