Don't have much NP to spend, but still want to have some decent battle items?
Well, don't fall down the traps! And I learned the hard way…
The Three Kinds of Traps
1. Overpriced Items Trap- Most of the species weapons are overpriced. They don't
do much damage at all and are clearly not worth the waste.
2. Rare Items Trap- Remember those extremely expensive sceptres and scimitars?
They are priced for their rarity, not that they are actually good. So stay away
from those and save your NP for something better.
3. The Marketplace Trap- Have you noticed that items in the Marketplace are
usually more expensive than in the Battle Magic Shop? So sometimes, it's better
to wait for restocks. Let's say you waited to get the Grand Lightning Beam you've
always wanted. You were able to get the last one and saved 39,100 NP more than
the guy who was impatient and got it from the Marketplace for 40,000 NP.
Save, Save, Save! It's As Easy As Improvising!
Attack Forks and Tridents - Attack Forks are expensive nowadays. Sure
they attack and defend well, but do you really want to spend 20k NP on it? There's
a much better alternative: Improved Lightning Beam. It's just as good, but maybe
1 or 2 points weaker. Tridents are a total RIP OFF! They should be categorised
under the Rare Items Trap.
Healing - Let's just say that your pet has 10 H. You always buy a 200
NP Pale Elixir for it before you go into battle. Just think of it this way,
wouldn't a Slime Potion be just as nice? And you can use it once per battle
and save lots of NP from buying Pale Elixirs all the time. It only costs around
2,000 NP, but the prices change all the time.
Note about Scorchstones: Be sure you have at least 15 HP before buying
a Scorchstone. Maybe buy a Scorchstone that heals a little more than what your
pet needs in battle, so you don't have to buy a stronger one later.
Freezing - If you love freezing, you might consider buying a Hypno
Helmet. But if you just want something that's able to freeze just in case, you'd
be better off buying a Terror Stone or a couple of Fire Faeries to get the ability
Fiery Gaze. Ancient Lupe Wand is okay, but it can break easily.
BD Packages For Dummies
If you have…
Less than 100k NP:
1. Improved Lightning Beam - This is a really useful weapon. You might consider
buying one more.
2. Terror Stone or Ancient Lupe Wand - These both freeze, but I've found
Terror Stone more reliable than the Ancient Lupe Wand.
3. Slime Potion or Bronze Scorchstone - Slime Potion heals 10 HP per
battle and Bronze Scorchstone heals 15 HP per battle.
4. Fire, Dirty, and/or Radioactive Snow - These snows will do lots of
damage and defend many icons too, if used together.
5. Large Metal Shield or Silver Scorchstone - LMS is a very under rated item.
It comes in really handy in a tough battle. Silver SS can block some of the
Grand Lightning Beam and Wand of the Air Faerie's attack.
Total Cost: About 25k NP
1. Wand of the Air Faerie - A very powerful BD item, but expensive!
2. Grand Lightning Beam - Buy this at the Battle Magic Shop if you can.
It's a bit more powerful than the ILB.
3. Hypno Helmet - Freezes once per battle. This thing freezes all the
time and won't break.
4. Heavy Round Shield - A very powerful shield. Probably the second
best after the Shadow Shield.
5. Red or Blue Scorchstone - Red SS heals 20 HP and the Blue SS heals
Total cost: About 490k NP (You'll be broke after this!)
500k and over NP:
You don't need my help; you're on your own now. You can afford lots of great
I hope you've found this article helpful for buying Battledome items while
saving lots of Neopoints. So remember not to fall into those traps and you can
always find cheaper alternatives to weapons you can't afford.