Zafara Muffins, Anyone???
Here is the top secret Zafara muffin recipe. There is
a old myth that goes along with it that you must hear about!!
It was said that long ago, an old king in Sakhmet had
the biggest sweet tooth. He had heard of these fantastic muffins and ordered
his entire kingdom to make them. Everyone tried, but failed miserably.
The one day, a little yellow Zafara passed by Sakhmet. The king asked
the Zafara if she could make muffins. She had never tried anything like
it before but agreed. Following nothing but her own gut feelings, she
created the most amazing muffins ever made in Neopia. The king had this
recipe written down and thanked the Zafara before she left. Oddly enough,
when everyone else is Sakhmet tried the recipe, it just wasn't the same.
Years later, a blue Zafara passed by Sakhmet and was asked to follow the
muffin recipe. It wasn't until he made them flawlessly did the king finally
understand that Zafaras could only make them just right. He then bestowed
the name of "Zafara Muffin" onto the recipe and kept it safe until another
Zafara would pass by the city to create the wonderful muffins.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
3 Chocolate Man (Men?), broken in pieces
1 Box of Wheat Flakes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup Kau Kau Farm Milk
1/2 cup Scarab Cookies, finely chopped
1 Red Eye Egg
100 grams Milk Chocolate Usuls
2 tablespoons Sutek Beans, crushed
1. Preheat stone oven to 200-210 degrees C
2. Lightly grease and flour a medium sized muffin tray
3. Sift the flour into a bowl; stir in the Wheat Flakes, sugar and Sutek
Beans and make a well in the middle.
4. Chop the Scarab Cookies. These should be small enough to taste but
not so large as to distract from the Chocolate Men. (about 2/3 of the
size of a Chocolate Man piece.)
5. Lightly beat the Red Eye Egg and add the melted butter, Kau Kau Milk
6. Melt the Milk Chocolate Usuls.
7. Pour the fluid mixture into the flour, add the Scarab Cookies, and
crushed Chocolate Men, mix with a fork until all the dry ingredients are
8. Add the melted Chocolate Usuls, and mix it into the mixture. Do not
beat the mixture.
9. Even distribute the mixture into the Muffin tray and bake in a Hot
stone oven (200-210 Degrees C) for 20 - 25 minutes. After 20 minutes check
the muffins by placing a skewer into several of the muffins if they come
out "clean" the skewer may have chocolate on it from melted chocolate),
if the muffins are not done check ever 2 or so minutes being careful not
to over cook.
10. Once cooked allow the muffins to cool for about 3 minutes before removing
from the tray (they are a very tender muffin).
Serve warm or cold, although they are best hot (straight
from the oven) and topped with some cream and accompanied by a large Golden
Interesting, right? Well, I'm off to try my hand at making
my own Zafara Muffins!! My owner says I can't even boil water, but we'll
see about that!!!