New Features (Our Neopets Diary)
To keep you up to date with the ever-changing Neopets, we have decided to create a page that lists everything new
that we add to the site, so you know what's going on! Keep checking this page for updates!
(back to menu)
COLOURING GAME - The Faeries have just released a new game in which you can paint a pet different
colours, frame them against different backgrounds, and then print it out! We have done a couple of pets so far
and will be releasing other types soon. Check it out by clicking here.
- Increased the number of items you can equip your pet with from 7 to 8! We also
made the Faerie Quests *slightly* easier to complete.
- Now you can go to the Faerieland Springs
to heal your pets at any time! Cool huh? The Water Faerie's magic will help your pets be better competitors
in the Battledome.
- It is rumoured that the Queen Faerie has a store of artifacts in her tower in Faerieland... artifacts are
like magical items, but so much more powerful. One item that has cropped up lately is the Cement Mixer.
This rarity 200 Battledome Weapon will create a Stone Snowball on every turn. Can you find it? :)
- We did loads of bug fixes around the site today, and also tried to get it running faster.
Sorry its been running quite slow all day, we will be adding more servers to speed it up as
soon as we can.
The Neopian Stockmarket
now has a news report every day. Pay attention to this as it will affect how the stocks change
during the day!
The Neopian Times
Issue 39 is out! There are tons of short stories in this issue including
MaTrice's Crush, In the Moonlight and The Morphing Potion. Also the NeoMarket Report's guest
speaker is Balthazar the Bounty Hunter, see what he has to say about the sudden
rise in faerie prices. Don't forget all the articles, mini series and the
There is a new Pet Spotlight today! The picture
on this one is very cool indeed!
We added some cool Kiko toys into the Toy Shop! These ones are waterproof, and the colour won't run
when you play with them in the bath.
We will be doing some more additions to our Trading
Card game over the next few weeks. Check out the Spoiler List by clicking
here, we updated the card back pictures and also
did thumbnails of each trading card!
The Neopets Battledome has been up for the past
12 hours or so with no problems (other than a few minor bugs that we are fixing now!). Over 19,500 matches
have been played so far, we hope you like it, there are lots more features to come! We have added a FAQ
to the main page which should answer most of your questions. Click here to read!
- Just wanted to say that the site had a great weekend, it was available all of the time (no
unexpected issues at all!), and that we did over 114 million pageviews in total, which is pretty cool, and our best ever!
Thanks for playing Neopets, and check back tomorrow morning for some cool new features!
- Terror Mountain just got a little
more interesting today. Mika and Carassa, two Chias have started a garage sale in their Igloo. Fancy
popping along to see what they have to sell? Click here now!
- In case you have forgotten, Count Roo is giving away free Rare Blumaroo
- The Snow Faerie is a little bored
in her hut on top of Terror Mountain, so she has decided to play around with a few spells. Unfortunately
she doesnt have any ingredients, and its SO cold outside not even she wants to leave her warm fire.
Want to help her? Click here now.
The quest prizes are pretty good, they are about to get better on Monday (wait and see!)
- We had a problem where rare food was being stocked in abundance in the shops! We fixed this now
so you should only see 1, or 2 items of rare food on the food shop shelves!
- For all budding artists a new How To Draw
lesson has been added. Now you can draw Neopia's number one ninja, the Nimmo!
- Five new poems have been added to our
- The Path through the Ice Caves has been cleared and now you can travel to the
Top of the Mountain. Don't
forget to sample some of the Happy Icy Fun Snow Shop's chilly delights:)
- Two new entries to the Neopedia
today, Snowy Valley High, and a story about Poogle Racers.
- Not to leave out any Kougra lovers, we have released six Kougra soft toys into the Toy
Shop. These toys have been lovingly handcrafted by the Pango tribe of Mystery Island. There is one
for each of the normal colours, and rarer purple and silver ones to collect.
- Today is your last chance to submit an entry to this week's
Storytelling Contest. We need a really
exciting ending, if you think you are up to the challenge why not give it a whirl? You never know
you could win 2000NP and a rare item!
- BIG GUILD TRANSFER - We are transferring all the guilds from one database to another
(so they will be much faster in the future!). There may be a few things that will be a bit strange
with Guilds today, but just so you know, we are working on them, and we hope to have them running
smoothly by the end of the day.
- NEW GAME - Show off your downhill skiing skills with our great new game,
Usul Alpine Challenge.
- Fixed a bug with Codebreakers where it wasnt giving Neopoints to some people. Now you should
be able to get NP to your hearts content!
- Issue 38 of the Neopian Times has been
launched. In Issue 38 we discuss the Billion Neopoint offer, the Neopedia, and there is also
an excellent editorial that will help solve some of the common problems people have on the site!
- Now on the Battledome (and this only applies to the Alpha Testers), you can see how many
fights your pet has won, drawn or lost. Click here to see.
If you aren't an Alpha Tester, don't worry - we are adding a lot more soon!
- We have a beta version of a new game -
Faerie Quest. It's
only in testing, but why not get in some practice now, and earn some Neopoints? :)
- Read the story of
Ryshu the Nimmo in our Neopedia!
- We will be shutting down the guilds temporarily tonight to do some maintenance work. It should
only take an hour, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Added a new Caption Competition,
this one brings back a familiar face from the past...
- Kauvaras Potion will be now appearing in the magic shop, and we have also added a
story about it to the Neopedia. It's
quite possibly the most powerful item so far in Neopets. Do you have one?
- For the first time in 2001, we have added new Pics to
our Gallery! Check them out!
- Our Quick Stock feature now gives
you the ability to Donate your items as well as Discard!
- We added profiles of Kauvara the Magic Shopkeeper, and Flame the Tame on the
- We have changed 93 headers on the site today!! Phew! We updated old looking pets,
colour coded them, and also made them a smaller file size.
- BATTLEDOME UPDATE - Nearly there! We have been spending the last few days
preparing to launch, and adding some cool new features to the Neopets Battledome. Now all the
ability animations are nearly completed, and we are adding a table where you can see your
pets wins and losses.
- The front page now displays the correct date
in the top right hand corner, as opposed to that silly earth date!
- HALF PRICE DAY! - Yes, on the 3rd day of Sleeping, in the Year 3, all the shopkeepers
got together and decided that from now on the third day of every month will be half price day!
Yes, all the items in all the shops will be half price!
- We have updated the Neopedia with
a description of Kiko Lake!
- We have five new puzzles in our New Cartoon Theatre, check
it out - you can now earn another 500 Neopoints from playing! Also, you can click on
the pictures on the main page for some cool results!
- LATE MAILS - Oops! An apology from us, our mail server decided to break 2 days
ago, so any automatic mails that are sent out by us (birthdays, auctions, lottery) will be
a bit late. It will be fixed by the end of today, and shouldn't happen again :)
- New pictures have been added to our
Gallery! Look out
for Count von Roo in an up and coming story :)
- NEW CHOCOLATES - We have gone chocolate crazy today, and filled the shops with calorie-laden
Chocolate Orange, and Dark Chocolate pets. Mmmmmmm. If you own a Lupe, make sure that you grab it some Chocolate
Orange Chias today!
- Issue 37 of the Neopian Times has been
launched. This issue has great tips about the Battledome, and also some great adventure stories to read!
- The toy shop now has scooters in, there are about 8 of them in total ... ranging from the basic red
and yellow scooters to the ultra rare Rainbow Scooter with extra boost power and Shoyru-Red tail lamps!
- There is a new version of Ice Caves out
that lets you skip to the 5th level if you want to practice!
- Don't forget to enter the Story Telling Contest. The first part of this weeks tale has been added today.
to see last weeks winners and the new beginning.
- Give a big hello to the new star spotlight Tarae the Aisha.
Tarae wasn't always an Aisha though, click here for her story.
I like being an Aisha!
- A new Caption contest
has been launched. This picture is a little bizarre but
there should be some interesting captions for it:) Winners will be announced on
Thursday 4th January so get your thinking caps on!
- Added a new article to the Neopedia,
a profile of Roo Island.
- Welcome to 2001 - Well, we had a great year in 2000, and thanks to all of you for making the
site what it is today. There will be more of the same, and loads new cool features to come in 2001!!!
- The Neopedia now explains how Dice-A-Roo