Art Contest Help|
If you cannot upload your picture using the online form, you can post it to us at the following address:
Neopets.Com Picture Contest,
P.O. Box 4687, Glendale, CA, 91222-0687, USA
Sadly we cannot return your pictures, so only send your picture in
if you are sure you don't want to keep it yourself.
There aren't many rules for the Art contest, but if you sent in a piece of artwork,
these maybe some reasons why it didn't get in.
- It must be 100% your own work, adapting an existing picture is not acceptable.
- You may enter a picture up to three times a day. Note entering the same picture multiple times
will NOT increase your chances of being chosen.
- Pretending someone else's picture is your own will get your account frozen.
- Your picture cannot have any copyright or trademark symbols on it. Having your username is fine,
but it cannot be copyrighted.
- You must include a title for the image.
- The picture must include Neopets, or a character from the Neopets site.
- If you are uploading your image it needs to be a gif or jpg (in lowercase letters).
- All entries submitted must be unique to the Art Gallery (meaning that they have not won any other creative contests). Also, note that if your entry does get accepted into the Art Gallery it cannot be used for any other creative contests in the future, including the Beauty Contest.
So how do we judge it?
We try to use as many various styles, abilities and ages as possible so that each member has a fair chance of
getting chosen. Obviously it helps if you can draw but if you have put an awful lot of effort into something
that will help also.
Basically try your best and it may very well be chosen. If it looks like you have spent a long time working on it
then we will definitely consider it.
What size should it be?
The image file size should be no more than 80K. Try to avoid doing tiny little pictures as
often they don't reflect the time and effort you have put into them. The ideal size is somewhere between 300 and 500 pixels
(4 and 7 inches) in height and width. It doesn't have to be square and you don't need to provide us with the small
thumbnail image either.